Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it's owned by people with a huge social media reach and following, so why they announce they're shutting up shop, what does that say to all their followers?
I don't think people would read into it that deeply, it's not like it's a longstanding establishment, like say O Beach or Cafe Mambo and it isn't that well known. I only found it in passing and there were less than a handful of people inside when I went past it, at lunchtime. Should the owners keep a venue open if it's not making sense, financially, just to appease social media?

Should the owners keep a venue open if it's not making sense, financially, just to appease social media?
No, but at least be consistent in your messaging. Don't pretend things are awesome one minute, and declare you're closing the next. Totally mixed messaging

You might think that, and perhaps you are older and have a more balanced outlook, but the truth is they have a lot of young followers who look up to those guys for tips and guidance. Their voice has a lot of weight

No, but at least be consistent in your messaging. Don't pretend things are awesome one minute, and declare you're closing the next. Totally mixed messaging

You might think that, and perhaps you are older and have a more balanced outlook, but the truth is they have a lot of young followers who look up to those guys for tips and guidance. Their voice has a lot of weight

I guess so, my business head on and my view on the world and Ibiza now due to covid is anything can change in a blink of an eye. A business shutting up earlier than intended is to be expected and isn't the end of the world. Here's the only place where I've seen that it's a problem and I doubt people here were eating there regularly.

No business are going to tell you they're struggling, to get your custom.

I guess so, my business head on and my view on the world and Ibiza now due to covid is anything can change in a blink of an eye. A business shutting up earlier than intended is to be expected and isn't the end of the world. Here's the only place where I've seen that it's a problem and I doubt people here were eating there regularly.

No business are going to tell you they're struggling, to get your custom.

have a look at their instagram post with the closing announcement and you will see we aren't the only ones thinking it really is very early.

I explained my points of view further up already and haven't got anything more to add really.

7000+ followers, 3 comments.
Anyway, sad to see it closing, wish I had paid it a visit now when I had the chance, love a good dirty burger
have a look at their instagram post with the closing announcement and you will see we aren't the only ones thinking it really is very early.

I explained my points of view further up already and haven't got anything more to add really.

Sorry if this has been asked lots before - I couldn't quite see what I was after. Any recommendations for good value restaurants in Ibiza Town? Going to try get a table at Mariner for a treat one night, but any other places that are a bit less fancy? Enjoyed Sa Vida last time and S'Escalinata and Los Pasajeros look good (though would rather somewhere we could book if possible). Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked lots before - I couldn't quite see what I was after. Any recommendations for good value restaurants in Ibiza Town? Going to try get a table at Mariner for a treat one night, but any other places that are a bit less fancy? Enjoyed Sa Vida last time and S'Escalinata and Los Pasajeros look good (though would rather somewhere we could book if possible). Thanks!

kaixo is another shout. not as cheap as los pasajeros maybe, but still reasonable.

oh, and can d'en parra up in dalt vila is a place that never disappoints.

Ate at Ruby's last night and it's still my favorite place for Indian food in San Antonio.

Alright, it doesn't have the big outdoor terrace like the other place, but the food is far superior in my opinion.

I had the vindaloo and it had the kick I was looking for. Their barjees are really good too and no complaints about any of the other dishes, all decent sizes

Giving them a bump, as they're in need of people through the door. Definitely a place that's suffered due to a lack of British workforce compared to past years.

I don't think you'll need a reservation, but im sure they would be grateful for a heads up if you're a larger group so they can staff accordingly

Wound up in Ibiza Town last night. We didn't have a reservation, but as we were prepared to eat a little before South Mediterranean dinner time, we managed to get a table for 2 at La Oliva. We had not eaten here since IMS 2018

We were seated indoors, which was fine by us. Nice and cool. Outside was packed, and where the street narrows there, there's lots of footfall. I'm happy to get into a crowd at a festival now, but when I'm eating, I dont want a stream of passers-by hovering over me

I ordered the Iberian pork and Sharean went for beef entrecote

Mine was huge! And came with sweet potato and, it said, a jus, but to me it was more like bravas sauce. Delicious in any case

After a few steak disasters, Sharean asked for medium-well (I know, sacrilege, but she's easily put off) and it arrived with no blood and still pink in the centre. Again, decent size and very tasty

Those 2 mains, plus 2x glasses of house red and 1 btl of still water = €75 inclusive of tips

Great service and the complimentary olives were really good too

Ended the evening with a Black & Stormy at Paradise Lost before heading back on the bus

Last night we ate at San Carlos restaurante - a beautiful spot off the main road (just around the corner from Anitas) which is carnivore heaven, so we (I) had high hopes entering, but it all went a bit wrong. The ribeye steak was almost completely raw when i asked for al punto (medium). So i got them to cook it more but then I noticed it was completely flavourless too with just a tiny generic garnición provided. The staff (all Italian?) didn't seem that attentive and insisted on answering my Spanish in English, something that always pisses me off, so €80 I could have spent elsewhere but you live n learn

Ate at Ruby's last night and it's still my favorite place for Indian food in San Antonio.

Alright, it doesn't have the big outdoor terrace like the other place, but the food is far superior in my opinion.
Wish we had gone to Ruby's. We went to The Curry Club the other week and it has gone seriously downhill. Really reduced menu and poor veggie / vegan options, whereas it was ok previously. There was also a noisy stag do in which ruined the vibe somewhat.

Also agree about avoiding outdoor dining around La Oliva, La Torreta, etc. It was scarily busy there in August with people literally squeezing past one another, so zero social distancing. Even pre-Covid, I don't really want 100s of people breathing and coughing all over my food as they brush past me.

Last night we ate at San Carlos restaurante - a beautiful spot off the main road (just around the corner from Anitas) which is carnivore heaven, so we (I) had high hopes entering, but it all went a bit wrong. The ribeye steak was almost completely raw when i asked for al punto (medium). So i got them to cook it more but then I noticed it was completely flavourless too with just a tiny generic garnición provided. The staff (all Italian?) didn't seem that attentive and insisted on answering my Spanish in English, something that always pisses me off, so €80 I could have spent elsewhere but you live n learn

that's a shame. various spotlight staff have been there lately and everyone loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back