Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
New rooftop will open this saturday...

https://www.facebook.com/rooftopibizabylelephant/

I guess it is at the same place that what used to be l'elephant a few years ago?

I always loved the view from their roof...

I wonder how the prices will be, as l'elephant wasn't cheap...

L'Elephant and the place directly across from it seem to be closed nearly every other season when I try to go...granted that's usually early October. Always have a great time at both...will check out the latest incarnation for sure, if it's still open then.

two more from my end. first one is on the cheap end, the second is on the very expensive end of things. both in ibiza town.

bambú viet food - 2 minutes walk from vara de rey, a bit away from the main tourist area. it's a place that's open all year round and we've been various times before, but I don't think I've mentioned it here so far (unless I'm mistaken). vietnamese cuisine, very good quality (as far as I can tell) and very fair in regards to prices (given we're in ibiza). went for dinner last night with my wife. two starters, two mains, two beers each (maybe even three now that I think of it?), just over 50€ total. you do wanna take the pho, the typical vientamese soup - it's amazing.

kyupido ibiza - on the very top of dalt vila. this is a place you'd want to take your beloved one to on a celebratory occasion. we ended up going for my wife's birthday after the manager had told me for years to finally come and see the place. the cuisine is mediterranean with an influx of asian, but really good. the place is beautiful and has some cracking views over the whole of ibiza town. go before the sun sets, have a cocktail at the bar first, and then sit down for dinner. this isn't a cheap place at all, dinner will set you back roughly 100€ per head so it's not something I'm able to do lots, but for an anniversary, birthday, popping the question etc...why not? the setting's beautiful, the food is really good and the service is also friendly and good I thought. don't go without booking. and when you book, if you don't wanna walk up all the way, they've got a transfer service too.

We were at El Bigotes today and for the first time the man himself was not at the top table. He was nowhere to be seen. Is he OK?

Anyone been to Casa Maca or Jul's?

Currently hesitating between both... Not the same location and food of course, but both are looking nice... It is to extend my Ibiza restaurant knowledge ;-)

Currently more tempted by Casa Maca... :)

Was planning cova santa for dinner and they announced who cares? party that day and we dont want a loud dinner that day. Would be wise to cancel?

How is eden restaurant and bar?

There is so many good restaurants in ibiza, forget this kind of place...
Go there after dinner if you want to dance...

Bottega Il Buco in Santa Gertrudis. Late night Flat iron steak cooked slow for 24hrs with herbs, very smooth potato mash,, fennel salad and a chunky sauce. Really nice. Had fillet cooked rare as special last time with @McRackin that was very nice too similar style.

35 euros with about 1L sparkling water and a tip. They also do lots of pastas and salads etc.

Avocado Queen in ibiza town yesterday(not our choice, some friends really wanted to show us this place)...
What to say... ?
One of these new concept-restaurants (all the food around avocado ?) without soul, expensive, bad service, unfriendly, like a lot of these new places in ibiza town since a few years.
Perfect for all the new customers of the zone, hipsters, neo-hippies with money, yacht users...
A waste of time and money.
Just an example, first price for wine(not bad but nothing special) :28€...
After a 250€ bill for 4,we had to ask for the traditional chupitos, and the boss was really not happy about it.
Wankers.

We booked for 10pm,arrived on time, and at 11:30pm,just after the coffee, the staff was turning around us like fly on a shit to make us clearly understand they didn't want to finish late.

Had a lovely meal at very traditional Italian Restaurant called Tender right on the front in the Port Ibiza the other day ... lovely Italian guy (looks a bit like DJ Tennis) seems to run the place ... complimentary appetiser and the most amazing pasta we’ve probably ever eaten ... was like €50-€60 including 2-3 rounds of drinks which I thought was super value for the location ... would highly recommend although only about 12-16 covers outside so not so good for big groups

more than a specific restaurant recommendation, here's a bit more of a general tip. if you're staying in the ibiza town/figueretas/pdb area and want a good meal for a fair price, it's worth taking a taxi and head to one of the nearby villages, mainly jesus and san jordi.

why? I'll explain. both jesus and san jordi aren't tourist resorts. they're very close nearby, but they are actual residents villages. therefore, in these places you'll find lots of bars and restaurants that offer food at much more normal prices. at lunchtime lots of the places will even offer menu del dia - a set menu that changes on a daily basis and mostly costs around 15€ for a three course menu with a drink. on the mainland those menus cost a tenner, so it's still more expensive here, but it's much cheaper than eating a la carte.

here are a few places I'd recommend:

jesus:
  • deseo: mexican grub. not the best mexican restaurant ever and service sometimes slow, but it's a very popular place and in summer their terrace is great.
  • boca chula: just went for dinner yesterday. new place. yesterday it wasn't busy, but the food was AMAZING. very nice service too. it's italian/mediterranean and truly very good. we'll be back.
  • carpe diem: IMO still the best 'basic italian' restaurant on the island. their pastas and pizzas are fantastic.

san jordi:
  • la manduca: already mentioned here. huge portions of everything. for the hungry folk.
  • sangrantana: typical menu del día spot.
  • es timbal: another menu del día spot. but on sundays they do paella in menu format which means that you can have paella for one - which is something you normally don't get anywhere
  • es tanco: pizzas! seating is all outside so a strict summer evening place (or in winter at noon).

last but not least: on the road up from Pdb to san jordi (past the rock roundabout in pdB) dolce vita. this isn't a cheap place, but if you want great italian food (the carbonara is out of this world), this is your go-to place.

What have they done to Soleado :eek:? Apart from the lovely food, part of charm was sitting so close to the sea, albeit it somewhat precariously! Shame it's become a victim of the remodelling they've done there.

Avocado Queen in ibiza town yesterday(not our choice, some friends really wanted to show us this place)...
What to say... ?
One of these new concept-restaurants (all the food around avocado ?) without soul, expensive, bad service, unfriendly, like a lot of these new places in ibiza town since a few years.
Perfect for all the new customers of the zone, hipsters, neo-hippies with money, yacht users...
A waste of time and money.
Just an example, first price for wine(not bad but nothing special) :28€...
After a 250€ bill for 4,we had to ask for the traditional chupitos, and the boss was really not happy about it.
Wankers.
what a shame we ate there on July 20th starters were crap they took the soup off the bill ,, my steak was great and the wife calamari was also good the girls looked after us fine , 100 bills for a meal , inc plonk I didn't think was to bad ,,
what will say is the had reserved tabs on the tables ,, they gave us a table and by 11pm was dead ..

maybe they are used to going home early ..

loads more places to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back