Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
make it a birthday lunch and go to la escollera in es cavallet. 10mins by taxi from PdB.

if it has to be dinner, then another shout would be the restaurant of destino resort. that's a little further away and it's certainly not cheap, but as for views (if you get there just before it gets dark), quality of service and food, it's top notch.

do a little research on those places. if they're too fancy (maybe you were looking for something simpler) I have tons of alternatives.

Any other PDB lunch recommendations, somewhere to head before Ants? We usually go to White's but it looks closed down now? Thanks

ok here's another restaurant review. it's another place which is usually not so much on my map, but after this afternoon, it has to be.

tropicana beach club in cala jondal, not far from blue marlin, but on the quiet end of that bay. I've not been to tropicana for about 3 years or so and this afternoon we had a bit of a forum meetup there with the big boss @james , the almighty and ever-anonym @McRackin and the man who somehow always finds the artist bookings no one else finds @macdonsj who's currently on holiday here.

we shared some starters (seafood) and then had fish - a mixed fish grill and oven-cooked sea bass. if you like fish, this is your spot. the seabass was out of this world. the grilled fish was just as good. the sweets afterwards...wow.

long time forumers will know I'm not a big fan of beach clubs. this is an exception. both the service as well as the food were top notch. I'll be back this summer still.

oh, obviously book in advance to avoid disappointment.

ps: they also have the can vidal hierbas there which are aaaamaaaaaazziiiiiing :D

Did I hear Can Vidal hierbas? :-D

Never tried Tropicana beach club... will definitely give it a go this year :)

I didn't know that :) I went last year to buy a few bottles and we had a chat about the story of this hierbas...

Where is he deejaying?
Private parties and San Juan Party... He's not professional...

Attachments

• IMG-20190626-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190626-WA0007.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 17
Has anyone been eating at Casa Maca Restaurante?
Friends are comming to Ibiza tomorrow with
there kids where should we take then to eat close to Ibiza town?

Has anyone been eating at Casa Maca Restaurante?
Friends are comming to Ibiza tomorrow with
there kids where should we take then to eat close to Ibiza town?

not since it's casa maca. but I used to go when it was still es trull de can palau and it was very good back then. and the place is beautiful

This one won't ever break the gastronomic mould, but it was great value for money and a decent menu for those who want an affordable snack:
The Kitchen Burger, Carrer des Caló 62, Cala de Bou
Place was ram packed with locals at 22:30. We waited about 10minutes for a table to become available. Paid the same price as you would for a Burger King. Really well made burgers - and a small but thorough menu. Served medium-rare on request! I had the Mexican. Next time I'll go for the 4 cheese or goats cheese I think.

Has anyone been to Can Mussonet in San Rafel - heard good things myself but interested to see anyone's take on here.

Spice Indian tapas, San Antonio

Not sure about the tapas-part, just seemed like a regular Indian restaurant to me. Service was really good. Happy to leave a tip on this occasion. Menu is very small - too small. Only 1 vegetarian and 1 non-veg curry on offer, plus marinated chicken... Food is tasty, well-prepared. Baulked a bit at the arrival of the bill. Entire experience was good, but not worth the money imho.
Better value and more choice at Ruby's. Shame the waiter seems wasted here - does it ever get busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back