Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so my 1st post on here for about 15yrs!! Haha...

Im heading back to ibiza after a 12yr hiatus next year & need to know where all the local authetic spanish tapas bars are!?

I did quite a few seasons there but am clearly out of the loop....

Staying in cala vadella for 8wks & will have a car so happy to drive etc...

No shithole fancy beach view restaurants...
i can get that from my villa....

Just honest authentic spanish food that the actual locals eat at...

Thanks in advance...
my 1st post in 15 years too.
el chiringuito d'es port next to the club nautic in san an. my mackerel the other night was good enough for jehovah!

Ok so my 1st post on here for about 15yrs!! Haha...

Im heading back to ibiza after a 12yr hiatus next year & need to know where all the local authetic spanish tapas bars are!?

I did quite a few seasons there but am clearly out of the loop....

Staying in cala vadella for 8wks & will have a car so happy to drive etc...

No shithole fancy beach view restaurants...
i can get that from my villa....

Just honest authentic spanish food that the actual locals eat at...

Thanks in advance...

she's back!

does your place have a BBQ?

Anyone ate at Es Gerret, San an, close to fruits/vege stall? looks like a nice new local restaurant with price ranging 30€ (same range as Es rebost, es ventall, not cheap but fair price)
im not into fish but some meals im dying to eat
58461844_1025631900940613_1074278806581149696_o.jpg

54433727_1008172426019894_3094684431105916928_o.jpg
51970681_991781974325606_8068949509897453568_o.jpg
56161611_1009384419232028_8936187111577485312_o.jpg

I've just been told that the four sisters that owned Ama Lur in Santa Gertrudis have sold the restaurant and its surrounding lands so I went to their facebook and found this...

Ama Lur said:
Queridos amigos,
En el año 1981 empezamos con ilusión un proyecto que hemos mantenido hasta hoy. Esta temporada el restaurante Ama Lur no reabrirá ya sus puertas. Damos así por cerrada una larga etapa de nuestras vidas. Lo hacemos satisfechos y a la vez agradecidos. Satisfechos porque durante casi cuatro décadas, día a día, nos hemos esforzado por dar lo mejor de nosotros. Agradecidos porque nos habéis recompensado con vuestra fidelidad, confianza y amistad. Muchas gracias por habernos permitido compartir con vosotros todos esos momentos. ¡Los tendremos siempre presentes!
Muchas gracias a todos y hasta siempre
Juan Félix y Emilio

... the same source also told me that "it's been bought by Pacha" but I don't know if he meant the Urgell family or the new owners of the Pacha imperium (first option would make more sense, especially since Ricardo lives -or used to live- around the corner). Maybe Stivi has more info???

I've just been told that the four sisters that owned Ama Lur in Santa Gertrudis have sold the restaurant and its surrounding lands so I went to their facebook and found this...

... the same source also told me that "it's been bought by Pacha" but I don't know if he meant the Urgell family or the new owners of the Pacha imperium (first option would make more sense, especially since Ricardo lives -or used to live- around the corner). Maybe Stivi has more info???

interesting - have no background info yet myself.

on restaurant reviews and recommendations, here's a new one from me.

mariner ibiza in the port of ibiza town - right next to café mar y sol.

I ended up going twice in the last three weeks. once because a friend of mine had made a reservation for a bunch of us and the second time I went with my wife because the first time had been so good. usually I'm more after the more rustic places where you get simple good food for fair-ish prices (think cas pages, can pilot, balafia, can caus etc), but in this case I'm making an exception. it's far more elaborated and has a bit of french touch to it maybe, but everything we've had in those two visits was just PURE YUM. you can check the menu online on their website. last visit with my wife the bill totalled at 140€ (a few oysters first, then two starters, two mains, a bottle of wine, one dessert and coffee). so it's more than what I usually pay when I'm going for a meal out, but boy it's worth it.

one thing - don't even try to rock up without a reservation. it's not a big place and due to the location it's no wonder it's full all the time. and don't forget this is ibiza, a good dinner takes some time! but it's really been superb both times we went and I'll definitely be back for round three at some point.

Frequently asked on here, re: Pacha restaurant...
The official minimum spend in order to gain free access to the club afterwards is now €95 pp on every night of the week - including Solomun & Music On. There's also a new menu and a new chef this year.

I recommend the octopus.

Can't believe I'm just discovering this thread....

Here's one for you locals / veterans: what restaurants offer proper vegetarian paella? That means no chicken stock / caldo de pollo when cooking the rice. A key detail usually not on menus or on the minds of service staff so I've had to ask the kitchen and rarely get a confident answer.

After many years my list is only 3 restaurants long on the entire island, but there must be more:
-Can Curune
-Royalty
-Es Jardins

Anyone know of others?

ok here's another restaurant review. it's another place which is usually not so much on my map, but after this afternoon, it has to be.

tropicana beach club in cala jondal, not far from blue marlin, but on the quiet end of that bay. I've not been to tropicana for about 3 years or so and this afternoon we had a bit of a forum meetup there with the big boss @james , the almighty and ever-anonym @McRackin and the man who somehow always finds the artist bookings no one else finds @macdonsj who's currently on holiday here.

we shared some starters (seafood) and then had fish - a mixed fish grill and oven-cooked sea bass. if you like fish, this is your spot. the seabass was out of this world. the grilled fish was just as good. the sweets afterwards...wow.

long time forumers will know I'm not a big fan of beach clubs. this is an exception. both the service as well as the food were top notch. I'll be back this summer still.

oh, obviously book in advance to avoid disappointment.

ps: they also have the can vidal hierbas there which are aaaamaaaaaazziiiiiing :D

ok here's another restaurant review. it's another place which is usually not so much on my map, but after this afternoon, it has to be.

tropicana beach club in cala jondal, not far from blue marlin, but on the quiet end of that bay. I've not been to tropicana for about 3 years or so and this afternoon we had a bit of a forum meetup there with the big boss @james , the almighty and ever-anonym @McRackin and the man who somehow always finds the artist bookings no one else finds @macdonsj who's currently on holiday here.

we shared some starters (seafood) and then had fish - a mixed fish grill and oven-cooked sea bass. if you like fish, this is your spot. the seabass was out of this world. the grilled fish was just as good. the sweets afterwards...wow.

long time forumers will know I'm not a big fan of beach clubs. this is an exception. both the service as well as the food were top notch. I'll be back this summer still.

oh, obviously book in advance to avoid disappointment.

ps: they also have the can vidal hierbas there which are aaaamaaaaaazziiiiiing :D

I second this review
Perfecto from start to finish
Amazing food in great company
The seabass was lighter than air
The hierbas was different and soooo nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back