Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did Pacha Restaurant a few Sundays ago. I’ve done it multiple times over the years. Could not fault the food. Some parts of the menu are really outstanding now.

However, the Service was all over the place too.

And I know they are a business, but the up-sell was actually quite aggressive. Nick knew one of the wines well, but they tried telling us that another one €50 more “was better”.

We were surprised as overall I think Service levels in Ibiza this year are the best they have ever been! On multiple occasions we were really surprised how much they have improved.
Isnt Pacha restaurant a tourist trap ? Average food for amazing prices. Like Supperclub in Amsterdam. The best thing of the night is the cocaine LOL. Sa Vida for example is way better and 1/4 of the price. La Olivia little cheaper then Pacha, food it 10x better last time i was there. Good service too at both. Thats a big problem now a days on Ibiza. All youngsters that serve you and dont give a f***. All working on upsell bonus terms and low basic salary.

Personally I don’t agree with this. The Sushi and most of the menu are better than a lot of other places that charge more on the island. Just my view though.
Maybe you're right. I was there a couple of times but it was a few years ago. Had a tourist trap feeling like many places here in Amsterdam. Normal service, normal food and high prices. Maybe it chanced... Aaa well its all personal in the end. I speak to people that went to Supperclub in Amsterdam and loved it... OMG

Can Mimosa in Santa Gertrudis. Best meal we've had so far this trip. Fresh ingredients, simple dishes, not trying to do too much, hit the spot. We'll be back.

Replaced what used to be Ecocentro (sad to see that go - really liked that place).

Runner up so far has been Can Domingo...we treated ourselves for a night.

Also tried Shamarkanda and Los Otros. Prob won't go back. We may have caught Shamarkanda on an off night...it didn't wow us, although likewise nothing to complain about aside from having to catch an overcharge on the bill. Los Otros pleasant but not memorable.

Shame you didn't like Shamarkanda ?
I have been twice in June and it was really nice.
It wasn't bad, we just had high expectations especially reading your glowing reviews about it and staying just down the road in San Juan! One thing to note is 2 out of 3 of us ate vegetarian and the other had fish, so we can't speak to the meat dishes.

Isnt Pacha restaurant a tourist trap ? Average food for amazing prices. Like Supperclub in Amsterdam. The best thing of the night is the cocaine LOL. Sa Vida for example is way better and 1/4 of the price. La Olivia little cheaper then Pacha, food it 10x better last time i was there. Good service too at both. Thats a big problem now a days on Ibiza. All youngsters that serve you and dont give a f***. All working on upsell bonus terms and low basic salary.

What a plonker.

just been to bambuddha for the first time. great experience. how beautiful inside! food was excellent, and service too (not always in ibiza). yes, portions were a bit small for the price but just order more :) all our dishes were between 20 and 30 euros and we had 4 of them to feel full between us two. Shared them, as is encouraged there. I liked it a lot.

Last edited:
Went to El Naranjo in S.E yesterday for lunch. Nice garden terrace, had the menu del dia. Cracking squid dish, nicely presented too, followed by lamb which very tender and full of flavour. Glass of wine included and homemade lemon sorbet or coffee to finish. For 12e this has been the best meal of the week, and the cheapest, proving you don't have to empty your wallet for a top meal in Ibiza. Have your meals in the back streets of towns rather than a swanky ''look at me'' beach club where the food is often sub-standard and cost five times the price. (I know some of these places are ok but I'm a tight chunt!)

Last edited:
Went to El Naranjo in S.E yesterday for lunch. Nice garden terrace, had the menu del dia. Cracking squid dish, nicely presented too, followed by lamb which very tender and full of flavour. Glass of wine included and homemade lemon sorbet or coffee to finish. For 12e this has been the best meal of the week, and the cheapest, proving you don't have to empty your wallet for a top meal in Ibiza. Have your meals in the back streets of towns rather than a swanky ''look at me'' beach club where the food is often sub-standard and cost five times the price. (I know some of these places are ok but I'm a tight chunt!)
Good post, thanks for sharing ?

just been to bambuddha for the first time. great experience. how beautiful inside! food was excellent, and service too (not always in ibiza). yes, portions were a bit small for the price but just order more :) all our dishes were between 20 and 30 euros and we had 4 of them to feel full between us two. Shared them, as is encouraged there. I liked it a lot.
Agreed on all points; we went back this year after missing it for some years, and I think it became better?

The owner and his dog walking around inside is proper Ibiza... :)

Anybody here who was eating at Casa Maca??? It must be a beautiful, rural location with a good view to Dalt Vila. What ive seen on Instagram lately, all the bid Djs have dinner there. It belongs to Grupo Mambo which has several restaurants like El Chiringuito at Cala Cracioneta.

Anybody here who was eating at Casa Maca??? It must be a beautiful, rural location with a good view to Dalt Vila. What ive seen on Instagram lately, all the bid Djs have dinner there. It belongs to Grupo Mambo which has several restaurants like El Chiringuito at Cala Cracioneta.

I loved it before it was casa maca (old name was es trull de can palau). haven't been back since it became part of mambo group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back