Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The restaurant on the rooftop terrace of the hotel Aguas De Ibiza in Santa Eulalia will reopen at the beginning of august as Maymanta, by peruvian chef Omar Malpartida.

Previously known as Vi Cool, by spanish chef Sergi Arola...

aguasdeibiza-top-bar-piscina-002-w1.jpg
Maymanta, the new restaurant by awarded peruvian chef Omar Malpartida on the rooftop terrace of Aguas De Ibiza Grand Luxe Hotel in Santa Eulalia, opens this friday 2nd of august. It will be open to the public from saturday 3rd of august, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to midnight. A reduced menu will be available all day to taste their dishes around the pool or in the restaurant.

OMARMALPARTIDA-1.png
Amazing views, great ambience and most importantly, super tasty peruvian food thanks to the talented young chef Omar Malpartida. Maymanta gets McRackin's seal of approval.

2019-08-02-1-copia.jpg

DSC0453-copia.jpg
2019-08-02-4-copia.jpg

Aiyanna. Rocked up early for lunch and managed to get a table near the bar for a quick lunch, even though they were fully booked, by smiling nicely and ordering from inside initially.

Really nice lobster with their own tasty sauce and some new potatoes under it & great cocktail (non-alcoholic). 50 notes or thereabouts. Not bad for that at all really considering the incredible location. Nicer food than I've had at Amante - have had sea bass cooked in a little parcel there before and it was lovely too.

20190727_134500 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr
I really liked this place - first visit this year.

Guys top tips for lazy beach places where 2 toddlers can run around and be noisey and not cause too much damage or offence. I have a few places I want to try but I know this thread will throw up some gems that I'm not aware of. Thanks in advance!

Amazing views, great ambience and most importantly, super tasty peruvian food thanks to the talented young chef Omar Malpartida. Maymanta gets McRackin's seal of approval.

2019-08-02-1-copia.jpg

DSC0453-copia.jpg
2019-08-02-4-copia.jpg
What happened Japeruvian. ? Did it disappear with @icey

Guys top tips for lazy beach places where 2 toddlers can run around and be noisey and not cause too much damage or offence. I have a few places I want to try but I know this thread will throw up some gems that I'm not aware of. Thanks in advance!

Can Jaume in Cala Vadella used to have a kids play area within the restaurant. It’s right on the beach. Haven’t been in a while though.

Restaurante Cala Martina have tables right on the sand beyond their wooden terrace. Kids can run about there no problem.

Restaurante Es Niu Blau also have some tables at the edge of the sand at the far end of their terrace. They can run around there no problem. It is a very quiet beach that one, proper chilled and lovely shaded areas beneath the trees.

Ps there’s also Talamanca Club who do really decent pizzas. There’s just the boardwalk between your table and the sand. And along a little bit further is El Barco, fish and rice dishes etc their specialities. Not sure on the sea water quality situation at the moment there in Talamanca and also at Vadella. I know it had been dodgy of late.

Last edited:

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but Tanit in PDB have a Kids in Ibiza corner. Children of all ages welcome, they do games, have outside toys, trampolines, face painting etc.

Can Jaume in Cala Vadella used to have a kids play area within the restaurant. It’s right on the beach. Haven’t been in a while though.

Restaurante Cala Martina have tables right on the sand beyond their wooden terrace. Kids can run about there no problem.

Restaurante Es Niu Blau also have some tables at the edge of the sand at the far end of their terrace. They can run around there no problem. It is a very quiet beach that one, proper chilled and lovely shaded areas beneath the trees.

Ps there’s also Talamanca Club who do really decent pizzas. There’s just the boardwalk between your table and the sand. And along a little bit further is El Barco, fish and rice dishes etc their specialities. Not sure on the sea water quality situation at the moment there in Talamanca and also at Vadella. I know it had been dodgy of late.

So has Talamanca Club - famous for its bad service - check Tripadvisor

Some kid-friendly places we enjoyed (non-beach). Both have a small playground and more than 50% of the people dining there brought kids.
-La Paloma (St. Llorenc): good healthy food in outdoor setting, nice pastoral view. mostly tourists and/or transplants
-Vista al Puerto (SanAn Bay): indoors, ball bin, cheap beer, cheaper bar-food, mostly locals (in May)

I also enjoyed letting my boy run around at night at Benirras while we ate at Restaurante 2000. Locals and visitors kids were playing for hours after dark. Pizza and fried sardines were decent as well.

reasonable prices / cheap: comidas san juan and los pasajeros

very good but not cheap: mariner (don‘t go without booking). also ticks people watching

la tana (italian cuisine) is also cool

Have you been to Hana? Wondered if it's worth top spot in trip advisor in Ibiza Town.

TA usually delivers for me. I'm looking for a substitute to Sa Vida which I love but want to try a new place in Ibiza Town.
Happy to steer far from usual hotspots of the old town if it means it's cheaper.
Could try los pasajeros :)

Sa Capella last night.
The food on our visit last year was good, but I'm not sure it quite lived up to the expectation.
This year, the food was exceptional. We opted for the Chateaubriand - cooked to perfection. Easily the best steak we've had this summer to date.
The potatoes, the caramelised onion and the ratatouille side were all great too, as was the Bearnaise sauce.
Service also faultless and that setting - wow. We ate outside, seated at 21:00 and finished by 22:45 so saw the light change. It's so pretty. By halfway through our mains, every table outside was occupied and new arrivals were being seating inside (again, very pretty, but also very muggy this time of year!)
Of course, the unlimited homemade hierbas presented at the end of the meal was very welcomed.
Only niggle - and something we should have recalled from last year - the cheesecake came out sans base! As soon as it arrived, we remembered ordering it last year! Still lovely, but bit odd without that contrast of texture. Also, while the rest of the menu was reasonably priced for the quality you get, I do feel the dessert menu is extortionate (€13pp/minimum 2pax for crepes - WTF?) The cheesecake cost €10.50 - a lot for what it was. But, as I say, it's a niggle.
Total bill €95ish - including a bottle of red from Can Rich (€21) - again, very reasonable for restaurant price.
Looking forward to going back when my folks are over in October.

Last edited:
Sa Capella last night.
The food on our visit last year was good, but I'm not sure it quite lived up to the expectation.
This year, the food was exceptional. We opted for the Chateaubriand - cooked to perfection. Easily the best steak we've had this summer to date.
The potatoes, the caramelised onion and the ratatouille side were all great too, as was the Bearnaise sauce.
Service also faultless and that setting - wow. We ate outside, seated at 21:00 and finished by 22:45 so saw the light change. It's so pretty. By halfway through our mains, every table outside was occupied and new arrivals were being seating inside (again, very pretty, but also very muggy this time of year!)
Of course, the unlimited homemade hierbas presented at the end of the meal was very welcomed.
Only niggle - and something we should have recalled from last year - the cheesecake came out sans base! As soon as it arrived, we remembered ordering it last year! Still lovely, but bit odd without that contrast of texture. Also, while the rest of the menu was reasonably priced for the quality you get, I do feel the dessert menu is extortionate (€13pp/minimum 2pax for crepes - WTF?) The cheesecake cost €10.50 - a lot for what it was. But, as I say, it's a niggle.
Total bill €95ish - including a bottle of red from Can Rich (€21) - again, very reasonable for restaurant price.
Looking forward to going back when my folks are over in October.
For the creeps you are paying for the show ,

Glad to hear the food was good we gave up on the place a couple of years ago , shit service crap food

Glad it’s sorted it’s self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back