Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a salad man, in fact a bit of a salad dodger, but I fancied I nice big salad at Nassau I ordered the crab salad and for 20 odd euros I thought I was gonna get some bad ass mega bowl for that price. Turned up in one of those poke bowls, Wasn’t impressed to say the least. If I knew they was called that I’d would have possibly thought about poking that bowl up the chefs arse. Absolute pisstake

The restaurant Can Pepeta on the Sant Joan road re-open tonight.
Run by one of the guy involved in the 6 Senses hotel project.

What are your thoughts on it...I've not been there. Did it change ownership?
Yes it changes after a few years closed.
I haven't been, I just saw yesterday they have re-opened, but for the little I know from the owner, it doesn't push me to go to be honest.

Ok so my 1st post on here for about 15yrs!! Haha...

Im heading back to ibiza after a 12yr hiatus next year & need to know where all the local authetic spanish tapas bars are!?

I did quite a few seasons there but am clearly out of the loop....

Staying in cala vadella for 8wks & will have a car so happy to drive etc...

No shithole fancy beach view restaurants...
i can get that from my villa....

Just honest authentic spanish food that the actual locals eat at...

Thanks in advance...

Makes you realise how much of a rip-off other parts of Ibiza are. Not just the swanky places, but lunch around Playa D'en Bossa during IMS cost me around 15-20e for a salad. The current trend of poke bowls in Ibiza also means that places can charge a fortune for what is basically a salad.

Why would anyone pay that when you can get a nice menu del dia in Figueretas for much less than 20 euro?

Asador el Gaucho, San Antonio Bay - Argentine steakhouse unaffiliated with the Gaucho chain.
Great service and still warm enough now to eat outside on the terrace post sunset - we ate here last in May 2018 and had to eat inside.
We opted to share 850g of the T-Bone - allegedly special in that the cows are feed chocolate in their final month and get to listen to classical music... bullshit aside, it was delicious. At €92 total, which included a btl of Malbec (€19), bread, alioli and olives to start, table water plus sides (chips and stuffed peppers) I thought it was very reasonably priced, even if the food didn't blow us away. It was still well above average. Would go again and probably opt for the fillet instead of the gimmick.
Only negative I can say is that there were two separate instances where boozed-up Brits walked past deliberately making a spectacle of themselves. Absolute show ups

Ok so my 1st post on here for about 15yrs!! Haha...

Im heading back to ibiza after a 12yr hiatus next year & need to know where all the local authetic spanish tapas bars are!?

I did quite a few seasons there but am clearly out of the loop....

Staying in cala vadella for 8wks & will have a car so happy to drive etc...

No shithole fancy beach view restaurants...
i can get that from my villa....

Just honest authentic spanish food that the actual locals eat at...

Thanks in advance...
El Rincon de Pepe in one of the streets off the West End. Even has a tree growing through the floor inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back