Renting/House sharing information - New life in Ibiza

RavHale

Hi all,

Hope you're well.

My husband and I are moving to Ibiza beginning of May and are looking to rent, everything I can find on the internet is really geared more towards the holiday market and is short term rather than long term ( 6-12 months) I know this has probably been asked loads before but I can't seem to find any information for apartments etc that aren't complete luxury, we're happy with a small flat outskirts of San An (as this is where I'll be working) where we can live like real Ibizans, but wondered if anyone knew of anyone locally, on the internet I can call/email/doesn't cost £2000 a month?

We're happy to share with someone, ( not club-sters though - you youngsters have far too much energy for oldies like us :) and we need our sleep)

Thanks in advance

you will find stuff once you're on the island. that said, arriving at the start of may is the worst period to find something decent. if you can, fly down for a week now, find your flat, get an all year around contact and then come back whenever you're ready.

Thanks Stivi, that makes sense, I can imagine it'll get quite busy with opening parties etc............

although flying down now won't guarantee I will come back to the UK..............might just end up staying instead lol

myself and my partner both 35 now and sounds like we're are in a similar situation to yourselves - don't get me wrong we still like a fiesta or two but we'll be looking somewhere relatively quiet to live and had originally planned to arrive may 2016 but based on the advice above may reconsider

don't even consider to arrive in may with the idea/hope to find something decent to live. the real estate situation on the island has gone absolutely bonkers and the period where you can find a place at a halfway decent rate is from october to january.

thanks stivi, we both are in a contracting job until 31st dec 2015 so saving like crazy to come and live our dream - we previously lived abroad in Cyprus so have an inkling to the challenges we may face but already after 1 hour on this forum I feel I have learned a lot. - if our contract doesn't get renewed for 2016 then coming out in jan would be no bother at all. hopefully make a few contacts on our holiday this year too. we are learning the language too which we didn't do before Cyprus so that will be better -just need the Spanish to slow the pace down whilst talking to us :)

if they're talking too quickly just tell them 'hablame más despacito porfa!' and they'll repeat in slow-mo mode :)

lots of people who are on the hunt for houses come on holiday for a week in the off-season and then come back whenever they want, with their new place safe and secured.

our original plan was book a 3 week all inclusive in may and then if we find a place early into that 3 weeks we've move in but retain our wristbands for food & drink till our 3 weeks are up. looking at the prices round that time that seemed a pretty worthwhile spend - but now thinking get out in jan and get sorted then come back soon as we are able - decisions decisions!!

Back