renting a villa

Mow

Hi Ibiza spot lighters,,

We are a couple, age 27, planning Ibiza by August 2014 (probably 7-12 August). After spending 2011 in Torre del Mare PDB and 2012 in Gransol San ant. this season we are thinking about renting a villa… any ideas where can this be and for how much? We expect it to be a bit expensive and large for a couple,,, so if anybody wants to share your most welcome…..
anybody have a past experience with villas? tell us your story....

have a look here for a start http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/villas

renting a villa is certainly more expensive than staying in a hotel as you already expect, but if you do it once, you might never want to go back in a hotel after that ;)

most people that rent villas are groups starting from 4 to 6 people, so you can split the cost of the villa (and the rental car that you need in most cases and makes sense anyway) between the group.

...renting a villa ... but if you do it once, you might never want to go back in a hotel after that ...
or exactly the opposite -
once you have been robbed in a f***ing villa !!!

or exactly the opposite -
once you have been robbed in a f***ing villa !!!

as if no one has been robbed in a hotel room before eh?
truth is though, a lot of villas get robbed here in summer. definitely a subject to talk about with the owners before renting a place.

robbed? oh thats serious. I guess I might search for a villa with a safe!!! what happened with you icebaer69 ?

We rented a villa and it had a burglar alarm and safe. ( we managed to set the alarm off first night of course )

i've always said that villas and hotels are not in competition because all the advantages of villa renting could be deemed to be disadvantages by hotel clients (and vice versa)

oh, and highly unlikely that the op will find a villa for just 5 nights and crossing the normal saturday changeover day in august.

thanks guys for your replies. despite the said negatives, we r still willing to try a villa..... but still looking for somebody to share.......

Hello,

Interested to hear more about crime rates etc..I'lll be renting a villa in the countryside just outside of St Eulalia..do i need a pitbull or invest in a Hackney security system...? everything I've heard so far has been that it's really low crime rate...

Any advice here be welcomed...
cheers

i'd say the crime rate is generally pretty low, with pickpockets in clubs and on some beaches probably being the biggest problem.

regarding your villa, i'd talk to the owner or broker about any incidents in the past. i think often it's the very fancy villas (with big groups of people, everyone bringing his own laptop and other expensive stuff along) that get robbed. if you see how many villa rentals happen on the island every year, the robbery rate is low, but there are some infamous houses that get robbed more than once per summer.

Hi Guys,

Just booked a villa for a mixed group of 14 in PDB.

Does anybody know what the crime and robbery figures were like regarding villas in PDB last summer?

ridiculous amount (and rise) of villa-robberies within the last 2 years. now they come even when people are in the villa at time of robbery ...
better bring your own security ... or at least a pumpgun :twisted:

^^ this is part of what puts me off the whole villa thing but also never get round to organizing in time to co-ordinate with other people ! Hotels in PDB (apart from the really expensive ones) are also a joke for pilfering and theft, insider involvement in some places is very evident. Best take nothing of any real value and forget about posing around looking pretty it just makes people think you must have stuff worth stealing !

spent 2015 season in marco polo and it was brilliant as usual. Now i am grieving. Since i must travel half the planet to reach ibiza, i wont be able to make it in 2015 :(

guys that reallyyyy hurtssss

We had rented Villa Innocence for 12 people and our first night out we got robbed. We tried talking to the police but they couldnt be less interested and the agent told us there is nothing they can do besides telling the police. Thank god they did not take anything electronic, only some cash (there was a lot more thank god in the safe) and a few bags and clothes.. No laptops ipads stolen. Our incredibly helpful agent gave us the number of private security company for 18 euros per hour to get our minds clear when we are out...... Incredible.

The more interesting thing is, when we talked to our neighbour who is owner of his own villa, he told us that this villa was robbed a few times this year all on first nights. This could be one of the infamous villas that gets robbed a few times every year.

Back