Recomendations for the family

jimboy

New Member
Hi

We are heading back to Ibiza on Saturday, second year running. Staying at the hotel Ereso ES Cana. I know it's commercalised but it suits us.

Last year we got out and about a bit, this year I'd like to take thins a bit further. Higher a car etc.

So, Cafe Del Mar... we went last year after a boat trip to see the sun set, so will watch the sun set from there so we can say we have. But where do we go for a more original sunset experience.

Also any ideas for where to go with music loving 16 and 18 year old kids :evil: .. Keep in mind me and the Mrs are 39 :eek: . Music bars, would we get in a club.

Also best beaches and view points.

Last year we loved Ibiza town in the evening, am i right that it gets really interesting after midnight?? If so and we went by taxi, would we get a taxi back at say 2.00 am??

Thanks in advance

Jim :eek:
 

Rach

New Member
If you want an original sunset experince go to Cafe Mambo's! Some people prefer to go else where (like Cafe Del Mar) but that was my favorite spot on the sunset strip. Some nights you get entertainers there (like break dancers and fire eaters) and DJ's like Eric Morillo play there on certain nights before playing at clubs like Pacha. I'd suggest getting there for about 8.30 pm, sitting on the beach with a drink and waiting for it to happen! The atmosphere you get is awesome!

As for going to clubs with your kids, I rekon you should be ok getting in but if that really isn't your scene then I think they would ok by themselves. It's just the West End that gets rough.

Sorry I cant help anymore, Im not familiar with taxis in Ibiza Town, but I imagine there are pretty frequent like San An
 

ruth

Active Member
No problem at all getting taxi at any time in Ibiza town, it did used to get interesting after midnight with parades and tranvestites etc but it doent tend to happen as much these days, still worth going though.

For beaches try Benniras beach up north of the island its really pretty.
 

JT

Active Member
Of course you can get into clubs aged 39!

Do your kids want to go clubbing with there parents? You only have to be 16 to get in clubs in Spain.

for Sunsets you could go to Kumharas in the bay or Kanya. And there's no way that the original sunset experience is at Mambo's. Thats only been open a few years! Cafe del mar is the original.

Taxis operate all night in ibiza, and in the town is still busy well past 3am.
 

K

New Member
If you’re going to rent a car try and get to Benirras in the north of the island for the sunset.

benirras.jpg
 

jimboy

New Member
JT said:
Of course you can get into clubs aged 39!

Do your kids want to go clubbing with there parents? You only have to be 16 to get in clubs in Spain.

for Sunsets you could go to Kumharas in the bay or Kanya. And there's no way that the original sunset experience is at Mambo's. Thats only been open a few years! Cafe del mar is the original.

Taxis operate all night in ibiza, and in the town is still busy well past 3am.

JT

I am sure my kids want to go clubbing on their own, but "over my dead body" I kind of fancy it myself, mid life crisis :evil: But am I right that it will cost me upwards of £3o.

Can you expand on where Kumharas is?

Base in Ibiza town looks good.

Jim
 

K

New Member
Kumharas is in San Antonio Bay follow the road right round from San An and you cant miss it.
 

JT

Active Member
Kumharras is quite a long way round the bay , nearer port des torrent. Go on the main road from san an for about 3miles you will see a sign on the right go down there and you can't miss it.

Yes you'll be looking at, at least £25/30 a head + £6 for a beer £4 for water!. This could well turn in to an expensive family night out!

I'd try and think of it as a similar price a premiership football match or a day out at Alton Towers... it seems more bearable that way.
 

jimboy

New Member
Thanks for the directions, and blow the money it's a holiday. :lol:

So much to do and only two weeks to do it in!!

Flying out at 10 past midnight Saturday.

Jim


JT said:
Kumharras is quite a long way round the bay , nearer port des torrent. Go on the main road from san an for about 3miles you will see a sign on the right go down there and you can't miss it.

Yes you'll be looking at, at least £25/30 a head + £6 for a beer £4 for water!. This could well turn in to an expensive family night out!

I'd try and think of it as a similar price a premiership football match or a day out at Alton Towers... it seems more bearable that way.
 
L

lyndsey_lou

Guest
It won't be a problem at all for all you guys to get into the clubs - you get a real mix of ages in a lot of the clubs. If you don't want to be paying over the odds you should try Bora Bora in Playa D'en Bossa as it's free and has a cracking atmosphere, also the smaller clubs like underground and pin up are alot less expensive.
Your Base bar idea is also a good one, we spent some time there last year and the views over the harbour are really pretty, especially after dark.

Wish my folks had taken me to Ibiza as a young 'un!
 

spunkymonkey

Active Member
I think the Sunset suggestions so far are quite good. Cafe Mambo (or Cafe Savannah) would be good for you. Its always quite lively and there is the entertainment too. Benirras is a little further away and a lot less commercial but really nice.
If you fancied something a bit quieter and a bit more romantic you could try Es Boldado, a great seafood restaurant at Cala d'Hort. You have great views of Es Vedra but you definitely need a car.
Ibiza town is always great in the evenings and would always keep the kids (although they are not really kids!!) interested. There are a lot of bars and restaurants down around Base bar area and is always great at night. A lot different to San Antonio.
As for clubs...you should give Manumission a go if you havent been. I have been three times now and I liked it the first two times but not the third. I think the novelty had worn off and I really wanted to hear some decent music, which you will probably not get there. But it is definitely worth a visit at least once. Yes, most of the big clubs are over Eur 30 but you can get concessions cheap tickets at bars and outlets.

Enjoy. Wish I was going with you!!!
 
C

craigyt2k1

Guest
jimboy said:
JT said:
Of course you can get into clubs aged 39!

Do your kids want to go clubbing with there parents? You only have to be 16 to get in clubs in Spain.

for Sunsets you could go to Kumharas in the bay or Kanya. And there's no way that the original sunset experience is at Mambo's. Thats only been open a few years! Cafe del mar is the original.

Taxis operate all night in ibiza, and in the town is still busy well past 3am.

JT

I am sure my kids want to go clubbing on their own, but "over my dead body" I kind of fancy it myself, mid life crisis :evil: But am I right that it will cost me upwards of £3o.

Can you expand on where Kumharas is?

Base in Ibiza town looks good.

Jim

im sure a 16 & 18 year old are old enough to look after themselves. especially 18! let them have a bit of fun, after all, you said they love music...
 

stephen

Active Member
Staff member
JT said:
Kumharras
Yes you'll be looking at, at least £25/30 a head + £6 for a beer £4 for water!. This could well turn in to an expensive family night out!
/quote]

oooh JT kumharas isn't so dear. a beer is 3 euros no idea about water - i don't do it!
 

mrs. d.

New Member
Kumharas is where I'd recommend for a good family place for the sunset -- I think water was 1.50 (cheap!). It was a lot less rammed than anything on the strip itself. Plus that hippy vibe it gives off makes it really amenable to families and general no-nonsense stuff.
As far as clubs goes, I'd honestly veer towards Pacha, as I think it'd be the least sloppy place (and I'm just thinking how I'd feel at 18 going to a messier place with my parents... although my parents aren't really into clubbing!) -- plus if the kids want to get lost, you guys can chill on the terrace (or vice versa). And there's little nooks of rooms you guys can do your own thing in -- but its easy enough to find each other again.

I'm wondering if you had dinner at Pacha if it would be any cheaper than paying at the door for each of you (and eating elsewhere)... I've not done it, but maybe someone else has insight into that.

For flat out cheap & incredible, Bora Bora would be it. Plus, there's a real mix of people there so your kids can do their thing without it seeming unhip to be with their otherwise hip parents 8) You can literally just plan an entire day there. They serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. DJ Gee is fantastic (even adolescent pouting won't last long with his summery toons). And you can rent sunloungers & umbrellas. Drinks are reasonable and the staff is really cheery.

Have fun!
 
Top