Popular Attractions up North?

William2021

Staying in two hotels this time. Spending the first half in San Antonio then heading up to Es Caná. Haven't seen the north side of the island yet. Never seem to get the time each year to have a look. Any popular attractions or must-see beauty spots in the north?

The north is more of an essential see than the south in many ways. Just get out there and follow the parts that call to you. It's fantastic.(Assuming you're solo and dont have any special restrictions)

portinatx lighthouse (great walk)

tanit cove close to cala san vicente

the firefighter tower with fantastic views close to san juan (that one isn't easy to find)

las dalias in san carlos, either for hippie market on sat daytime or for one of their other events, check their facebook for updates

cova de san marça, port of san miguel

na xamena views, close to san miguel (or also the ancient watchtower)

lunch at balansat OR utopia, port of san miguel

dinner at can suldat in es canar

as sue correctly says, the north is fantastic and I could go on for a while still with ideas. some of my fave beaches are also up there...

I'm staying in ECana for one of my trips this year and Cala Den Serra is on my to do list. I love beaches and love taking photos and this beach looks beautiful as well as having a derelict hotel overlooking the bay which is pretty cool. A beach I want to return to is Cala Xarraca as I went there before on a cloudy day, I want to try snorkelling and I've read this is a good place. I also want to take a little walk around San Juan as it looks like a nice place for photos.

A beach I want to return to is Cala Xarraca as I went there before on a cloudy day, I want to try snorkelling and I've read this is a good place.

It is unless it's been choppy on that side of the island in which case it can get a bit churned up. We did a bit at Es Calo des Porc (next bay west round the point) last week where there were quite a few fish and it was more protected so the water was calmer.

The best snorkelling for me this trip was off the little rock you swim out to from the second beach at Aigues Blanques. Got a video but I have to edit it because when I surfaced I accidentally got a lens full of nakedness on the rock which wasn't there when I started filming and might be NSFW / intrusive lol. You HAVE to go tho this beach it is one of my absolute favourites, best in the morning and up to about 3pm, just so lovely looking over to Isla Tagomago. There are actually several small beaches there, keep walking left from the footpath entrance and it gets increasingly quieter and carry on to the rocks and you have the place to yourself (there's a tiny cave along there too if you can make it far enough ;) ). They have the "healing" mud you rub on yourself in the rocks but it's a bit dry now. Even in peak season it's about 50-70% au naturel especially in the week so just be aware - or join in :cool:.

Haven't been to Aguas Blancas before but it's on my list for next month, I dont think we'll be going naked as the kids would kill us lol. I will basically try and go to every beach I see on satellite view between Es Cana and Es Portixol. I have made a timetable as well (I'm a bit obsessive about lists) and as much as that would freak out those who say just get a car and drive, I have already been to more places in Ibiza early this year than I had in the previous 18 visits.

Why not leave the car one day and take a walk up to Cala Llenya Beach, Blue flag, safe very clean beach & water, rare to see medusa, good swimming & snorkeling to the sides, little bar with basic snacks, pizza etc ( And sometime some good fresh fish if you ask) If you did it "direct" takes about 35 mins, Along Cala Nova, through woods & along a bit, Indirect,,,,,,,,, there are about 5 bars along Cala Nova that could easily tempt you in and keep you for the day, If nothing else take a 10 min walk there :)

Tim

The North really is amazing. Some great tips there. Enjoy. Also you could pop into Can Suleyetas near San Miguel on your way back one day. We went recently - A plate of lovely montaditos, a couple of canas and a couple of soft drinks for the juniors, €12. Beautiful spot. El Bigotes is a possibility for a great lunch too. Need to book in advance though.

Thanks all. Hoping to spend a few days in the north. Might even get a ferry to save time. Safety wise what's it like after dark? Is there still plenty going on?

the north is quiet at night (with very few exceptions) and generally a very safe place

Back