Pikes 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday through Sunday at Pikes is lively (the odd Wednesday too if you take a look at their events). When we stayed there this year we still had to reserve tables for sunset terrace/poolside for any event that we were around for. I tried just doing it through Annabel (their concierge) but even she directed me back to the site.

Plus, a LOT of Pikes daytime vibes comes from the people staying there!
Thanks @TiffyBennett1. Sounds like maybe the start of the week is a bit quieter then. Have a great time @Clara !

Can we start the DJ Harvey rumours?
Very much a rumour at this point, but somebody who certainly gets around the island lots and meets lots of people has heard, that Harvey & Heidi Lawden are looking at September. Question though: do we think he would really go for playing a seated affair?

Harvey's minted. So he'd do it for fun. He also owns about 50 years' worth of custom-designed poolside records. (See his amazing san diego mixes from 2004) If he went super psychedelic, you could immerse yourself horizontally (maybe). Personally i'd go regardless

somebody who certainly gets around the island lots and meets lots of people
urkel-reactions.gif

Very much a rumour at this point, but somebody who certainly gets around the island lots and meets lots of people has heard, that Harvey & Heidi Lawden are looking at September. Question though: do we think he would really go for playing a seated affair?
Has the “person” by any chance heard that they might do very very late August too? Or am
I going to need to book ANOTHER £15 return flight to see Harvey? 😎

how often do pikes ID for the over 25 policy? Me and my girlfriend are looking to book for our visit October 3rd-7th but I'll still be 24 (25 in November which is annoying), she'll be 25 by then

Though Pikes ended up being great fun last night, they had overbooked their tables (again) and even though my booking was on the system, they had put 2 ‘Tiffany’ bookings together and I physically didn’t have a table. They walked us right to the top of Sunset Terrace and then walked us all the way out again to wait at the front while they tried to figure out what they had done wrong.

Their first go-to wasn’t to try and fix the situation - I was basically told that they will give me a refund and I had to leave. Decided to calmly(ish) wait it out and 40 minutes later someone else’s name was taken off a table and we were put on it. So, sorry Stuart (whoever you are)

The night was great at FBS played a great set. Jo Mills was fab as well! Security a bit heavy handed with people filming, but unlike other venues where they ask you not to film as you’re going in (or put stickers on) there was no request or warnings - just the threat of being kicked out. Not that I was filming. Just others around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back