Pikes 2019

So the majority of us are electronic music lovers....but has anybody ever been to Rock nights? If so, how was it?

All hail the great Jarvis. Thanks to everyone who came together in Plaza Mayor last night, thanks to everyone behind the scenes who made it happen and the biggest thanks of all to @jarvisbransoncocker for putting on such a fab live show. One for the history books! ?: @elliotyoungphoto

61959428_2266248610128251_194753780208631808_n.jpg
Great picture

Thanks, getting very excited now. Never seen them live and Mars Audiac Quintet is still one of my favourite albums from the 90s.

PIKES19_CL_ALL_DATES_1080x1080-9900000000079e3c.jpg

Choose life... Choose a job... CHOOSE LOVE!
After an amazing pop up last summer, we couldn't help but invite our good friends; Help Refugees, Mixmag & Print Club to Pikes Ibiza again this summer to bring you a monthly series of Choose Love events. Every evening is curated with love, in aid of the Charity Help Refugees, with a community of artists, DJs and chefs.
We kicked off the summer series on 24th May with an intimate set by DJ Seinfeld, Imad's Syrian Kitchen taking over Room 39 and an exclusive art exhibition around our gardens.
SEE ALL DATES

CHOOSE-LOVE-MAILER-1-990000000003cf3c.jpg

A Syrian inspired dinner club by Imad's Syrian Kitchen
Experience the true taste of Syria as Help Refugees' friend and supporter Imad Alarnab cooks up a famous Syrian feast including the best falafels we've ever tasted (biased but true!).
We caught up with Imad last summer to find out more about his dinner club.
READ ALL ABOUT IT

IMG_5131-990000000003cf3c.JPG

Alfresco art exhibition
An original artwork collection, curated by Print Club London will be on sale throughout the Pikes gardens on each of the evenings. They've teamed up with renowned artists such as Layla Andrews, Rose Stallard, Ben Allen and more.
Also available is our own exclusive Choose Love print, in collaboration with Silken Favours.
FIND OUT MORE

CHOOSE-LOVE-MAILER-2-990000000003cf3c.jpg

An intimate party in Freddies
As the evening turns to night, we take things into Freddies for a night curated by our good friend, Mixmag. Our past Choose Love parties have featured Denis Sulta, Mella Dee, DJ Seinfeld & more, all taking to the decks in aid of Help Refugees.
REQUEST GUESTLIST

PIKES19_CHOOSE_LOVE_4-9900000000079e3c.jpg

Last years pop up with Denis Sulta
Last summer was the first Choose Love party that we did. Denis Sulta, Mella Dee and Ben Gomori took the decks in Freddies, whilst Imad cooked up some delicious Syrian food and you all explored our gardens with Print Club London.
View the best of images over on our Facebook page.
VIEW THE ALBUM

PIKES-MAILER-FOOD-9900000000079e3c.jpg

“There’s one special room at Pikes where absolutely everyone can check in, without a room key: Room 39″
Experience our award-winning restaurant; Room 39 this summer. Our wonderful kitchen team have worked hard to perfect our menu incorporating fresh, local and seasonal produce.
DINE WITH US

PIKES-MAILER-PHP-9900000b6d028a3c.jpg

Friends, family, freaks & favourites...
Our Pikes House Parties are well underway for Summer 2019. We've seen Bushwacka!, Justin Robertson & more alongside our vibrant cast of characters entertaining you throughout the night. Not forgetting the amazing Paco Fernandez accomponing our Saturday night dining in Room 39.
SEE BEST OF GALLERY
JOIN US AT PIKES HOUSE PARTIES

PikesMailerJarvis-9900000b6d028a3c.JPG

All hail the great Jarvis. Thanks to everyone who came together in Plaza Mayor last night, thanks to everyone behind the scenes who made it happen and the biggest thanks of all to Jarvis Cocker for putting on such a fab live show. One for the history books!

This weeks event highlight

PIKES19_SQUARE_1080x1080-990000000003cf3c.jpg

Cosmic Pineapple: Ancient Secrets
Cosmic Pineapple is a 12-hour, day to night, high vibration mini-festival of music, wellness, healing, food, drink, cosmic bazaar and much more. Expect the mystery to unfold around and within you.
REQUEST GUESTLIST
See our full event schedule here.

From our blog...

PIKES-MAILER-LOOS-2-9900000000079e3c.jpg

Glitterbogs vs Shitterbox...
There are few taboo subjects left in the world – the ambiguous relationship between political correctness and social media has put pay to that. But one taboo that resolutely remains – like a floater that you just can’t flush – is what goes on in the bathroom...
READ ALL ABOUT IT

Last edited:
Would love some advice:

Thinking of pikes on Sunday 23/6, but have never heard of Ruff Kutz and can't find anything on SoundCloud. My friend and I like our music fast (last time I was at Pikes I saw smokin jo & skin - it just got harder and faster as the night progressed! Didn't care that my mascara was running down my face from the amount of sweat! Was one of my best nights). It's her 2nd time, mine, I've lost count. We only have 5 days, we're 40 year old(ish) moms (read: pretty bloody tired already! ?) so won't be able to go ape shit, but when we dance, we like to move! Want to try and experience as much as we can. But, music tempo / Rythym is quite big thing for us. We're keen on anything (except edm/urban) as long as it is interesting and keeps us moving (not just swaying). Thanks in advance you wonderful sources of wisdom.....x

Would love some advice:

Thinking of pikes on Sunday 23/6, but have never heard of Ruff Kutz and can't find anything on SoundCloud. My friend and I like our music fast (last time I was at Pikes I saw smokin jo & skin - it just got harder and faster as the night progressed! Didn't care that my mascara was running down my face from the amount of sweat! Was one of my best nights). It's her 2nd time, mine, I've lost count. We only have 5 days, we're 40 year old(ish) moms (read: pretty bloody tired already! ?) so won't be able to go ape shit, but when we dance, we like to move! Want to try and experience as much as we can. But, music tempo / Rythym is quite big thing for us. We're keen on anything (except edm/urban) as long as it is interesting and keeps us moving (not just swaying). Thanks in advance you wonderful sources of wisdom.....x
Have you considered doing Wax Da Jam at Pikes on Monday 24/6 and choosing something else on Sunday? (Zoo, Woomoon)

Reactions: Liv
Ruf Kutz aka Ruf Dug aka Glowing Palms.

I'm a fan but it probably won't be your thing if you're after uptempo - their groove is more based on 80s electrofunk, disco, early house

http://www.rufkutz.net/
Thanks KW! For the link also. I'll check it out later, but No.....that doesn't sound like my thing. Unless I'm sitting down with a cocktail. Really don't like how slow early house is....I only discovered "house" in 2001, a year after I moved to the UK. And it was Hard House at the Fridge or Camden Palace....then got into funky and "proper" tech house (so upbeat/fast as opposed to the monotonous slow severely lacking progression or melody tech house now) in 2003 when I first visited ibiza. As I say, I like anything that is fat (base) and fast (I'll go for fairly fast since there is not a lot of fast hard stuff now! ?), or fat and constant grooving / driving Rythym.

Last edited:
Have you considered doing Wax Da Jam at Pikes on Monday 24/6 and choosing something else on Sunday? (Zoo, Woomoon)
Yes I have....have been to woomoon, enjoyed it as found it deep (fat base) uplifting and progressive/ fairly groovy. Quite like ethno house in small doses. It certainly wasn't fast. Still enjoyed it. Went to zoo years ago and it was odd. No vibe. I think I got there too early. But will be trying it out this time (plan was to go before Pikes anyway). Monday is a dilemma because I may enjoy wax da jam (although if memory serves me, Nightmares in wax used to play original funk, soul kind of sound, so again too slow, unless they pick up the pace with an all night set). Wanted to check out cocoon (new sound system on the terrace - I'm massively into sound quality too), but as I mentioned in the cocoon post, concerned it will be more tech than techno. White-Isle reckons it could be ok with the B2B2B though.

Last edited:
Back