Peak of the week, good as time as any for weekend plans?

mambobirdette

Sat: Heading down to London with a couple of friends to act like a tourist for the day, Harrods, Oxford St & Covent Garden are on the agenda.

Sat pm: Club in Windsor with few friends.

Sun: Dim Sum near Heathrow & head back home.

Im tres excited about coming to London again :oops::D

London is wicked, love it, I really should spend more weekends up here rather then just coming up here for work :lol:

My plans are

Friday - payday :lol:, evening round work mates, she has the Rock Band on Xbox so we are going round there to play that, drink wine, eat takeaways, etc etc should be a good laugh

Saturday - maybe wake up worse for wear, then going to hit the shops for Xmas shopping. Am hoping to do it in one hit :confused:

Sunday - take the boyfriend out for lunch as he deserves a treat :lol:

Xmas Party next Friday, the Xmas season officially starts!

Friday - out drinking somewhere

Saturday - Roisin Murphy at the Carling Academy followed by Hi-Tek Soul with QUENTIN HARRIS (dfbhvjldfhbgvjdhfg!!!!) at the Ministry.

Saturday - Roisin Murphy at the Carling Academy
Jealous!

A busy week/weekend for me, starting with a photography exhibit opening tonight...

Thursday - Heading to a gathering at a friend's place after work for a Thanksgiving "turducken". He won't explain what this is but I think it means he's feeding us all duck instead of turkey :lol:

Friday - Another art gallery opening to start. Dilemmas afterward as Roger Sanchez, Tiefschwarz and Spotlight-favorite StoneBridge are headlining various events, along with a club performance by Sophie Ellis-Bextor. Leaning towards a quick stop by Famous to see Sophie, then to Solyanka for Tiefschwarz, followed by Paparazzi for afters. 8) Back-up plan is Sanchez.

Saturday - Go to the market, buy a turkey, then cook it up for a big bunch of friends along with some corn bread stuffing and gravy, and lug it all over to my friend's bigger apartment. Stuff my face. Later, possibly going to a party at Gaudi headlined by Pete Tong

Sunday - Recovery. Possible Sunday drive as my car arrives tonight or tomorrow :D

Sat: Heading down to London with a couple of friends to act like a tourist for the day, Harrods, Oxford St & Covent Garden are on the agenda.

Don't know if you've made plans for eating out but I really recommend Cha Cha Moon (just off Carnaby Street) - it's Alan Yau's new-ish restaurant (he who is behind Hakkasan and Yauatcha) but it's dirt cheap (all dishes are £3.50) and the food is soooo good.

My weekend plans - very much looking forward to this weekend, we're driving down to Brighton Friday morning and we've booked a cottage thru the Dogs Trust (so it's dog friendly) and we're taking the doggies to the seaside for the weekend :lol:

Only plans are Food For Friends for dinner on Friday night for the bestest veggie feast and The Regency for dinner on Saturday night, the rest of the time lots of dog walking along the beach, wandering round the Lanes etc etc etc.

Don't know if you've made plans for eating out but I really recommend Cha Cha Moon (just off Carnaby Street) - it's Alan Yau's new-ish restaurant (he who is behind Hakkasan and Yauatcha) but it's dirt cheap (all dishes are £3.50) and the food is soooo good.

Thanks, i have heard a few good reviews but i dont think i can stomach chinese two days in a row :lol:

Friday - Pick my boy, quiet night in, usual bundles etc etc.

Saturday - gym, missus working so got both the kids to contend with, take kids to the town for the day as the xmas lights are being switched on (not that we will be hanging round that long) so some z lister will be out earning a monkey for it, chuck the kids on a few rides up the town, let em see some dodgy fella in a red suit and beard, take em for lunch so I can nick a couple of shandys and buy em a couple of presents each if they sit quietly while I try to get a bet on!!!! Mind you last time I took one of em I was refused in as they were under 18!!! I said I know that she is under 18 months!! Pr@tt!

Saturday evening, got a party round a friends house.

Sunday - Not sure, maybe lunch out, do something with the kids somewhere

Roisin and Hi Tek Soul - am EXTREMELY envious - full report on both please! :)

as for Sophie Ellis Bextor - my mate lived opposite her in Twickenham as a kid - lovely girl [with a lovely mum] - the Gallaghers were well out of line saying 'she had a face like a satellite dish' - [her music is pony tho]

Morbyd, I know what a Turducken is, don't worry, it's awesome.

Tomorrow we are going to my uncle's house since he finally had it built after years of trying with the architect. I'll be undoing all the work I've made in the gym. Yeah.

Friday- will try to go work out. Will sleep in until the sunshine forces me out of bed.

Saturday - First birthday of local club. So I'm going there for that.

Other than that, will be cleaning my loft and getting caught up on rest.

Morbyd, I know what a Turducken is, don't worry, it's awesome.
Have a good Thanksgiving weekend, OY. It's probably the one holiday when I miss being at home... fortunately, in 12 years overseas I've almost always had fellow travelers to celebrate with, and in about 10 of those years I've made the turkey (as I will this Sat.) :)

And it appears that this Turducken thing is a known quantity. Wiki says:
A Turducken is a dish consisting of a partially de-boned turkey stuffed with a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed with a small de-boned chicken. The thoracic cavity of the chicken and the rest of the gaps are filled with, at the very least, a highly seasoned breadcrumb mixture or sausage meat, although some versions have a different stuffing for each bird.
Sounds odd but great!

Have a good Thanksgiving weekend, OY. It's probably the one holiday when I miss being at home... fortunately, in 12 years overseas I've almost always had fellow travelers to celebrate with, and in about 10 of those years I've made the turkey (as I will this Sat.) :)

And it appears that this Turducken thing is a known quantity. Wiki says:

Sounds odd but great!

Sounds difficult to carve!

This weekend, not at all sure!
Tonight going to see the new Ridley Scott movie, cant remember what its called, but has Leo & Russell Crowe in it!
Saturday day, going to Twickenham to see Eng v NZ, beyond that, no fixed plans!

I'm heading to London this weekend too.:D

Friday - working early , playing badminton , wedding reception at night.

Saturday - fly down to London at 8pm, meet friends, few pubs then on to Fabric.

Sunday - leave Fabric at closing time and get our flight home at midday. If I'm still going then off to the pub to finish the job.

Monday - recovery position.

I'm really looking forward to Fabric. Jimpster , Move - D and Michael Mayer

double:D

Fri - shopping & drinks with friends in the evening, dinner at a friend's place

Sat - Portobello, lunch at Asia de Cuba, Matter with James Zabiela, Way Out West soundsystem, Rex the Dog, Meat Katie etc

Sun - flight to Helsinki at 11.20 am :twisted:

This weekend, not at all sure!
Tonight going to see the new Ridley Scott movie, cant remember what its called, but has Leo & Russell Crowe in it!
Saturday day, going to Twickenham to see Eng v NZ, beyond that, no fixed plans!

the one Saturday when the ministry actually does have a world class line up and he's not sure :lol:

Back