otto cappuccini

stephen

Staff member
if only i got paid for lounging about in coffee bars!

today i visited fab new croissanteria otto cappuccini in santa gertrudis.

it gets my thumbs up for style service and product. to a cool soundtrack of john coltrane we munched on cakey/pastrie things, sipped that coffee with the froth and chocolate on top, and admired the ceramic sea bed floor under the glass beneath our feet. (i'm a sucker for ceramic seabed floors) and surprise surprise some friends of ours dropped in too.

i have it on good authority that the brother of one of our members actually installed the a/c and refrigeration for otto! can you guess which member it was.

here's a link

http://members6.clubphoto.com/stephen420924/1534471/owner-52be.phtml

though the quality of the photos has suffered as clubphoto has reduced the file size so much - maybe i should pay for membereship?

the seabed floor is great!!! but who make the deco? :eek: a littlebit cold IMO,...maybe it looks only cold on the fotos,...

minimalist is the word my wife used.
we think it's a nice change in ibiza to have this style of decor as it exists in few other places.

i think the seabed floor was made by a dutch artist

beautiful place!! :D

last week a new bar opened too - situated where the butchery used to be!! :idea:

now there are 14 bars - restaurants in the village!! :eek:

did i ever say that i love santa gertrudis? ;)

DSCN3624.jpg

stephen said:
if only i got paid for lounging about in coffee bars!

today i visited fab new croissanteria otto cappuccini in santa gertrudis.
?

have u tried "la plazza" restaurant ? :rolleyes:

McRackin said:
last week a new bar opened too - situated where the butchery used to be!!

one of the 2 owners was involved yesterday in one of the most spectacular car accidents
ever seen here!! :eek:

to cut the story short - his car totally destroyed 2 cars, caused important damages to other 5
and landed inside a shop. surprisingly enough the driver is safe and unharmed!! :eek:

according to el mundo newspaper - the driver was sooo drunk that after the spectacular
accident he wanted to invite to chupitos to the owner of the shop he destroyed!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

this morning everybody in ibiza was talking about it :!:

ehsql.cgi

22Local.jpg

PT36Local.jpg

and the really funny thing about all this is that...........
he wasn't insured!

stephen said:
to a cool soundtrack of john coltrane we munched on cakey/pastrie things, sipped that coffee
with the froth and chocolate on top

john coltrane - aye!!
049.gif

cappucini_01.jpg

McRackin said:
to cut the story short..........

here is the tongue-in-cheek version by our friends at www.space-ibiza.com:

YESTERDAY’S BEST CAR CRASH – 1 slight injury as vehicle flips 50 fLlcking meters, spins four
times wrecking five other cars then lands in an office in Ibiza Town

A casual visitor to the central city street Ignacio Wallis at 1.30 in the morning yesterday might
have thought they’d somehow stumbled into a Blue Brothers-inspired action movie sequence.

A 30-year-old Ibicenco somehow managed to launch his Rover from the narrow thoroughfare
into the air, onto then over a row of parked cars (totally munching three). As a finale the
vehicle flipped in through the window of commercial property Sematur-Luz Comercio and came
to rest amid smashed desks and Christmas decorations. Undoubtedly ho-ho-ho-ing for the
rest of his days, “Antonio” emerged intact of limb but probably brown of bottom.
Even Argentine commentator Juan of China White-affiliate Mao Rooms fame was impressed,
and South Americans tend to drive like their European forebears: one foot hard on the
accelerator and the other in the grave already. Apparently the stunt man involved in this
incident has given the police cause to believe he was at least a bit pissed.

End this madness now. Bull fighting and automobile accidents should be consigned to Spain’s
light entertainment past.

otto's is also an ideal grazing point for vegetarians!

my wife (and her lunch-bunch-buddies) sampled the €7 buffet lunch, which is almost entirely suited to veggies, and pronounced it wonderful.

%Rick said:
Do they serve Illy ?
if you are in ibiza town and want illy coffee you can go to cafe tomate in plaça constitució 11
(next to holala! and near to croissant show)!! :D

(i recommend you their great salads and delicious natural juices ;) )

see you in the terrace!! :p

cup_index2.gif

Back