Operation eye-eye

Dr Fox

Well, no sooner had I got myself fit and able to get surf this board then today WHAM! I'm told I'm going to need further surgery on the old eyeball again :eek: . Just marvellous. Dave the labrador is on red alert and I am as you would guess - bricking it! :oops:

Today's visit to the quacks seemed like a routine check up on the mince pies, which up until now had been going about their business just fine. Next thing you know I'm told to brace myself as this could hurt....Cue a needle jabbed into the top of my eyeball for 10 minutes or so. Now, don't get me wrong, even me, a strapping 6ft, 12.5 stone fella was made to wince this time. As you do.

Needless to say, todays jimeney pokery was unsuccessful so the gloves are off tomorrow, i'm being wheeled into thh operating room and they are out with the chainsaw! :D. I sit here fingers crossed that they can raise an aneathesist (spelling?) by the time of the op or it's a local.....Now that would not be funny. Happy days 8)

Keep the board warm people, smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast. 8)

Doc

Well.... that little tale put me off my breakfast this morning.... but I wish you all the luck in the world for the Op!

I've got to go to the eye hospital a week on Monday to have this strange rash on my eyelid looked at :confused:

Hopefully it's nothing serious cos it doesn't hurt or anything.

Thanks people...well i'm on 14 hours with no sleep...operation seems to have gone well...nowhere near as bad as the las one but got to go for more needlin tomorrow and Monday.....which is nice.

Funny you should say that Swiss, me ol' mucker, my mates were distictly disappointed I didn't have a patch after the last op. I swear it's the first thing everyone of them asked when I spoke to them straight after. Pity, could just see myself as Kurt Russell in Escape from Manchester Eye Hospital and it's no coincedence that I wanted to chnage my name at school to Snake Pliskin by de-poll!! :oops: :lol:

How did you get on Drew, good hopefully. Haven't you had problems with your eye for some time now?

Dr Fox said:
How did you get on Drew, good hopefully. Haven't you had problems with your eye for some time now?

Not due until a week on Monday.

I've had the rash about 3/4 months now. It's hardly visible, it's only when you pull the eyelid down you can see it.

It doesn't hurt or cause me any discomfort whatsoever.

I spoke to the eye hospital over the phone and they said it sounded like a cyst, which can take up to a year to go.

Good luck at your end ;)

Theres a woman here that i work with that got distorted vision one day in her left eye a few weeks back. Doctor told her it was a burst blood vessle and theres nothing she can do about it so now she has half vision in her left eye for the rest og her life. Just bought on by nothing.

Makes you appreciate your eyesight.

Back