Online survey examining how best to communicate potential harms around ecstasy/MDMA

Gabrielle

Hi,

My name is Gabrielle Edgerton (G.M.Edgerton@2016.ljmu.ac.uk ) and I am Public Health masters student at Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU). I am currently looking for participants for my dissertation. I am carrying out an online survey examining how best to communicate potential harms around ecstasy/MDMA

If you live in the UK are aged 18-34 and have used ecstasy/MDMA in the previous 12 months it would be a great help if you could take part. It should take no longer than 30 minutes at most. Please follow the link below for more information where you will find more information about the study and the survey if you decide to take part.

Link to study- http://www.cph.org.uk/ecomms/

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me by email G.M.Edgerton@2016.ljmu.ac.uk or alternatively PM me.

Your participation would highly appreciated, thank you

Gabrielle

Moderators: if this is not the right place to post this questionnaire please let me know, thank you

This study has gained ethical approval from LJMU ethics committee (Reference number- 17/PBH/027)

Haven't done MDMA in years, but wondering if could ask a question?

I've heard that there's some research suggesting that deaths in first time MDMA users might be largely attributable to allergic reactions, much the same way people will occasionally die the first time they eat seafood or get stung by a wasp, and the incidence is around the same level.

Or is that bullshit?

I've heard that there's some research suggesting that deaths in first time MDMA users might be largely attributable to allergic reactions, much the same way people will occasionally die the first time they eat seafood or get stung by a wasp, and the incidence is around the same level.

Or is that bullshit?

It's possible. I imagine some people are buying what they're told is MDMA and is actually something else, potentially very harmful.

Or is that bullshit?

Considering the number of people that take MDMA, deaths are rare. Could be an allergic reaction, a different chemical or the increasing likelihood of a double strength pill... Not that smart to produce these, but again the reason for these double strength pills being manufactured is down to prohibition. The elephant in the room is that alcohol kills and harms far more people, but the govt and authorities would still rather talk about MDMA deaths.

How did the MDMA affect her?
Its was probably a year since she took some we just stayed in the hotel room but we didn't feel the need to get up and dance or go out.. she was going down for a smoke and being very chatty.:) did find it hard to sleep.. they were yellow red bulls the long ones..

Back