My Week Review - Aug 14-21st

Marcus_smith

i did a Week in Ibiza from from Fri 14th Aug to 21st..

Where shall i start.... this was my 6th trip to Ibiza & overall it probably up there with one of best.

Last summer i stayed in Jet but this trip i wanted to be back in San Antonio end so booked to stay in apartment in Kanya, for those that dont know where it is, its few min walk from Ibiza rocks & the West end.

Friday-

I landed late Friday evening, so had food in Ibiza Rocks Bar & brought a few bottles and had some drinks back in the hotel.

Our plan was to take it easy & get up fresh for Zoo project but that didn't last so we end'd up down the west end strip! over the past few months iv seen number of discussions about how quiet the west end is etc...

My view is, Yes the strip very busy from 11.30pm til close around 5am but, and this is a big but the actual bars look very quiet when i walked past, i pop'd into a few of them at different times during the week & none was rammed busy like the were 3/4 years back.

This goes for Linkers & Plastik too, they were both places i used always go for a drink or two when im in Ibiza and i was very surprised to see both of them struggling, they had people in there don't get me wrong but it wasn't busy like it used to be

The Ibiza rocks events, Ocean beach & the rise of all the events down PDB - ushuaia,Hard rock etc has effected the West end massively, enough of doom & gloom lets get back to the fun!

Saturday -

I know Zoo Project is'nt everyone cup of tea but it was fooking amazing, the buzz cant be matched! i got there around 5ish & stayed till the end & then jumped on the free coach which drop'd us off behind EDEN, we had a few friends flying in that night so we all met up and did a few bars & end'd up at the strip club Oppss!

Sunday -

I did ocean beach, because we had a big group we pre-booked a vip pool bed, i know OB is expensive & some people here dont like it, but for me it was really good from start 2 finsih! everything from the staff to the music was 10/10.. i can't fault the place!

Monday -

I wanted to go Jet pool party but for some crazy reason some of my group wanted to go & see David guetta, personally i dont like David guetta or EDM but fair play to him & Afrojack they had ushuaia rocking, with the help dancers/lights and the huge smoke machines. i would give the event 8/10 for the show! but i would'nt go again.

The queues for the toilets was something else, the drinks prices were taking the piss!

Tuesday -

I was planning on going tinie tempah pool party but the weather had other ideas, it pissed down non-stop till 5pm, so i end'd up going Defected in Amnesia it was a good but the bar prices are crazy & cleaned me out

Wednesday

After a few day/nights of non-stop partying my body needed a rest so we chilled out at Nassau Beach Club all day

Thursday -

Because i loved OB so much i decided to do it all again, so we booked the double lounges for 50euro & it included entry for 2. we stayed there till around 9ish... in the night we did 'Redlight' in Sankeys for DJ EZ, this was my first time in Sankeys, i heard many stories about it being a sweatbox but i thought it was down to people being on drugs making them sweat but fook me, this club is exactly that... i must have lost 3 stone by end of the night by sweating so much.

overall it was an amazing nite, the music and atmosphere was 10/10.

Few things to note...

Most of my event tickets i brought off here, i photocopied my bank card/passport & took it with me just in case they asked to see it. The only venue which which asked was Sankeys, both Amnesia/Zoo both have an 'the Internet ticket queue' was got me straight in, my friend had a paper ticket & got in 15/25mins after me lol

A tip which i found on here, drinks in the Amnesia VIP terrace are charged 5euros more (the c**ts'), so buy your drinks downstairs and take them upstairs thats what i did! Also i don't know why they have a rule about short because 70% of people up there had them on.

A few of you might love disco sweets, the only place which did proper searching was at Zoo, they changed the entrance system this year.. when u walked thur the turnstiles, 200 yards past that is a set of steps and on there are 7/8 boucers who search everyone & i mean everyone.. they all have a little table next to them and everyone has to empty their pockets onto the table etc this one group had that ballons machine 'cracker' & his mate had pockets full of ballons which both got confiscated.

I know the 'lucky lucky' African men have been around for years but this year their seems to be loads of older Spanish men or could be easten europeans are openly on the street selling drugs but in big gangs, if you walk anywhere near Ibiza rocks or the main PBD strip day or night you will see what im on about, normally lucky lucky men talk to you with banter and you can walk away but these older Spanish men proper harass you which something you don't need daily

Also if you know anyone going to ushuaia advise them to be very careful, because professional thieves are operating inside.. (opening backpacks and girls hand bags)... Rule no1 when yr on Holiday only carry stuff you need for that night, this one girl had her purse (800 euros inside)+ passport nicked she was balling her eyes out..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Took me over week to start to feel normal again, had a top Holiday & met some amazing people! would go back 2mrw if i had the chance...

Back