My Plan + Advice

imark

Hello Hello! I came across this site while looking for information on working in Ibiza, and decided to post to see if my plan was up to snuff. Or perhaps if there was any advice for a first timer much like myself.

Let me give you some background:
I currently live in Alberta Canada (burr I know), and will be graduating from a local college (uni) with a Management Diploma in late April. I have also been bartending at a very busy restaurant for the last year. For the last month I have been eagerly looking for a bartending job in the sun. I have an itch that I just can't lose, so I need to get out of here! I started to look for jobs in the Caribbean islands, but with no luck I have found my new destination, IBIZA! With a unique connection to Holland, I have also acquired Dutch Citizenship. So there will be no need for visas. An awesome plus.

After some pondering and planning I have made the following plans. I will leave in early may to Holland, and quickly visit some family members that I haven't seen in ages. From Holland I will book the cheapest flight possible to Ibiza. From what I can gather it is almost impossible to land a job by just applying online, so I'll land in Ibiza with about 800 Euros and a backpack full of Resumes. From there I'll apply to any place possible and try to secure a job quickly. Hopefully the money I have on hand will be enough to sustain me for the 'jobless' portion of my adventure.

After I find a job I just want to settle in a work for the full summer months. I have no obligations back home, so I can stay until the last plane leaves. Or if I just get sick of it, haha. Regardless, I think I have a pretty solid plan, but I am open to any suggestions or feedback that you guys may have. Any comments will greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

PS. I’d love to meet up with, or share accommodations with anyone. So if you have a similar plan you can hit me up on msn @ xmark@hotmail.com

chill out !!

Ibiza is a pretty easy place to get a job...if you mean anything bar or restaurant related.

no need for resumes either. Just spend the days checking out san antonio, san antonio bay, and ibiza town bars and restaurants. also there are lots of nightclubs too. check out the restaurant/bar/club links and info on this site.

then dress smart and head out say late afternoon to all the bars and restaurants etc. theres loads of jobs to be had, just have to get yourself out there.

From working behind the bar, serving food, putting the sunloungers out. being a beach waiter. promotional work handing out flyers and selling tickets for clubs.

xx good luck

Hey.

I think I am still planning on heading to Ibiza for the summer around the begining of July. I am planning on doing the same things as you. I am from Calgary. Where are you from in Alberta?

Hey Mors!

I'm from edmonton. Not to far off than ;)

Grab my email from the first post and message me when you get down there. It would be nice to meet up with some canadians :D

yo

Iwant to do the same thing as you guys, I'm from the US and have never been to Ibiza, but can only imagine how crazy it is, but i am willing to risk failing in finding a job and a place to live. if anyone wants to getr an apartment with me, i would love to at least get that out of the way before i go, thanks

Back