My Holiday 28th July - 2nd August Review Enjoy

Tuesday 28th.
Arrived in Ibiza after a more than excited flight to the white isle, people were screaming and chanting Ibiza as we came into land no wonder the plane had sold out of vodka, red bull & fresh orange in 10 minutes. Old classics were getting smashed on the plane on a travel sized Bose sound system. For An Angel , Out Of The Blue, Binary Finary, As The Rush Comes.

We arrive pretty much melted and get an illegal taxi to San Antonio to our hotel Piscis Park, not the ritz but it has done over the years and in a perfect location. We down our tools and get changed, we head to Bar Itaca to meet some guys from Edinburgh that had headed out before us for a few vodka/red bulls, 3 hours later we were upside down cutting shapes for fun, decided it would be a great idea to go in the water on the way back to the hotel and continued getting off our heads in the hotel while everyone showered (Separately).

At Sunset we made our way to the world famous Café Mambo for a few long awaited strawberry daiquiris, those daiquiris are the best in the world that I have tasted. Somehow managed to blag our way into the VIP section behind the DJ booth and being on the Facebook videos posted by Mambo, my wife duly texting me from home saying she could see me (Time to Hide lol) and got more melted by the hour getting photos with the Mambo brothers and Joey Essex haha hardly celebs but screw it.

From here we had our tickets and grabbed a taxi to space for big Carl Cox’s birthday show. This was incredible space was bouncing and we arrived in time for Nicole Madouber smashing the place. Time for the big man to grace us with his long awaited presence, he was amazing holding the crowd in the palm of his hand all the way through his set, at one point bringing my phone out to get a video and then bang someone flinging his arms around knocked my phone flying, oh well it had a passcode so just left it, it’l be stamped into the space dance floor no doubt bye bye iphone 6.

Wednesday 29th
Awake at 9:50 carry out and sit down the rocks at Mambo’s, feeling a bit tender but nothing else for it let’s get melted all over again, A full English at Mambo and 4 Raspberry daiquiris down the hatch later as they were €5 a bash we headed back to the hotel to get our mate who was still having a nap, up and off to Ocean Beach we went, I think the hangover just hit the 3 of us as we arrived. 3 men down and the little one said right let’s sort ourselves out here, few strawberry daiquiris later we were back in the game, vodka/red bulls flowed like a bird in magaluf after 10 fishbowls and a KFC. Apparently at Ocean Beach it was Joey Essex’s birthday daigs from TOWIE was there as were a few reality tv stars and soap stars, the place was rammed and the music swung into 1st Gear Sam Feldt’s Show me love getting the huge appreciation from the crowd, as was David Zowie’s House Every Weekend was quintessentially obviously the tune of the summer ( Now it get’s on my tits). Rythym Of the Night (Blonde Remix was played and the place went wild, pool party kicked into overdrive and people were just loving it. We stayed til 11pm the last tune being Got You Baby by Lushington and was easily one of the best days I’ve had as it was our first visit to ocean beach.

Home showered and back on it we headed to Plastik and the place was bouncing the resident dj’s doing a great job of keeping the crowd happy until the early hours of the morning.

Thursday 30th
Woke up and felt like shite utter shite, not good, not good at all!. This was a day that I was anticipating for months my favourite DJ Paul Van Dyk playing the Float Your Boat party then Cream @ amnesia’s 21st birthday party with Sasha & Eric Prydz holding the fort in the terraza.

Plastik pre party for the boat party and the place was right up for it, all aboard the boat and before we left the harbour in San Antonio there was an announcement that PvD had missed his connection flight and was possibly not going to make it, f***ing raging I was they announced that his replacement would be trance DJ’s Bryan Kearney & Alex Ryan, now don’t get me wrong the boat party was amazing and the DJ’s done an amazing job but I was still disappointed. Another announcement and it was to tell us that PvD was going to play an intimate gig at Plastik after the boat party as an apology for not making his boat party, were we would receive cream vests and get photos with the man himself.

This was great, he sent Plastik into trance heaven and the crowd was mesmerised by being so close to the man himself, people getting photos and t shirts.

We rocked up to Amnesia at around 3am and Andrew Rayel was was bouncing about the DJ booth with high energy fist pumping and interacting with the crowd.

Up to the bar and it was 3 waters and 3 estrella €83, wasn’t long until the man of the moment rocked up to slam some new and old trance classics for us. He played a high energy set dropping his new tune Lights, Louder received a great ovation with hands floating through the lasers, the place was in total euphoria and I was lost in an ibizan moment that I’d treasure forever. Silence by Sarah Mclachlan was a moment itself and he also played As the rush comes by Motorcycle, slowly you could hear the tune I was waiting for all night and me and the boys were well positioned under the ice cannon, bring on For An Angel I had a pair of ray bans resting on my head (Real ones not Roy Bins) and the beat dropped ice cannon came crushing down and the force knocked my Ray Bans off my head oh well they were gone haha. The Terrace was rammed to the rafters for Eric Prydz, he dropped his new track opus and the Ice cannon thundered down on the crowd going mad for Eric.

Arrived home at 7am what a day & night that was and our last 2 days lay ahead Radio 1 @ Ushuaia and Creamfields @ Ushuaia.

Friday 31st

After only doing Radio previously in 2008, this was going to be a great experience for the 20th Birthday show. Up at 10am feeling more hung over than Paul Gascoigne. We headed to Café Mambo for a breakfast, we sat there for a few hours just drinking daiquiris and getting burst by the minute. Back to the hotel about 3 for a disco nap back up at 5 to get ready and showered. The show started at 5pm but this was too early for us so we headed down for about 7pm, the queue was unreal as it was a sell out, it moved pretty quickly and soon we were taking in Annie Mac on the Mic speaking to all the viewers back home then playing her set, she got a great reception and I was duly getting texts on my mates phone from home saying I was on the live stream (FFS I was actually clearly on it 5 times watching it on bbc iplayer on my return home) She played a few good tracks including yup you guessed it House Every Weekend haha which got a great reception. First act up was Disclosure and what I can only describe as a poor set apart from the special guest Gregory Porter playing Liquid Spirit and the only good reception they got was when they played Let’s go dancing by Tiga Vs Audion. Next up was Groove Armada I used to love Superstylin and they have been residents at Space for as long as I can remember, they played a good set, high energy but never really captured a moment for the crowd. Next up was the main attraction Calvin Harris now I want to start by saying that I’ve never really been a fan, feel like he’s been a bit of a sell out in America like Tiesto has so I wasn’t expecting much, well he pretty much blew me away his set was amazing probably the best set I’d ever seen in my life mixing Cuba in with Show Me Love sent the crowd into heaven Ushuaia went into full swing and he had us all in the palm of his hand throughout whilst the ice cannons and fire flew through Ushuaia.

Saturday 1st August

This was to be the 1st ever Creamfields in Ibiza and we had bought tickets for the Pukka Up boat party that would take us to Playa d’en Bossa from San Antonio, first we headed to Ibiza Rocks bar to get a breakfast. The boat departed and it was a female DJ at the helm as we sailed past Sunset Strip the tunes kicked in and it wa your normal Ibizan house tracks. The boat sailed right through the middle of Sa conillera island and the view was amazing, the crowd had high energy and the tunes kicked in , Dmitri Vegas & Like Mikes HUM belting the boat from side to side, in the distance you could see the beautiful and picturesque Es Vedra, absolutely stunning and beautiful, the whole boat taking pictures, we carried on past Es Vedra and made our way to Playa d’en bossa tunes wre hammering all the way planes flying overhead and we could see Formentera clear as a day, great memories from this boat party.

We were ushered on to a bus waiting to transport us the 2 minute journey to Ushuaia ffor Creamfields, the queues were unbelievable I only wanted to be one place and that was in Ushuaia.

We arrived at 5:30pm and just in time to hear Duke Dumont dropping Giver, Bullit by Watermat and Need You 100%. Next up was MK not a huge fan Ushuaia was rammed and the atmosphere was electric when he played My Head Is A Jungle, the rest of his set wasn’t up to much at all to be fair.

Next up was Above & Beyond who I’d never seen before and I wasn’t disappointed, loads of heavy beat drops and ice cannons, the crowd were going wild and I was in Trance heaven.

Step up Afrojack another that I hadn’t seen before, he smashe the place upsides down, the crowd were unreal, turn up the speakers was thundering through an electric Ushuaia, his set was on par with Calvin Harris the previous night but maybe Calvin just edged it for me.

After Afrojack we left so we could get a taxi and headed back to the hotel, we were going home in the morning so just headed to Plastik for a few hours before hitting the hay.

Ibiza pulled all the punches again and is truly amazing, it’s changed so much over the years, but I still love everything about it, there’s no other place like it. Hope you like the review, just bored at work lol.

Back