My 10 days in Ibiza 2011 Review..

shane_saintsfc

10 days in Ibiza

In total there was about 30 of us from Southampton all in Ibiza at the same time. People arrive at different times and on different flights but we were all in Jet Apartments. Our group were there from Monday 18th July to the 28th. This is my 2nd Year @ Jet & PDB

Monday 18th
We book an evening flight from Gatwick which was a nice change from the usual 6am flight we normally have to get. We arrive at out hotel at about Midnight which in Ibiza is perfect time to dump the bags and go out. We look round our room for about 5 seconds then go out round a few bars in PDB. Most of the group stick to the bars but me and 2 others went to Roger Sanchez at Space as it was our first night and felt wrong not to go to a club. We left at about 6ish then met the others at the hotel. We bought some beers from some overpriced supermarket and went to the beach for sunrise.

285076_10150250762176375_517241374_7679363_6633726_n.jpg

Tuesday 19th
Wake up at about 11 and spend the day by the pool. We choose the smaller Jet Apartments pool as the other circular one was full of men stood around tensing their bodies trying to look cool.
At around 6ish we headed to Bora Bora for some day time dancing & drinking!
At night we head to some bar upstairs in Playa Den Bossa, I can remember the name but it's opposite the road Sankeys is on. We have wrist bands for free entry before 1 so head to Sankeys at 00:59 for Full on Ferry. They do a pint of pear cider for €8 which is cheap for Ibiza in a club! The sound system in Sankeys was amazing and the set by Ferry was good to with a good atmosphere. The club was not rammed but was busy which was perfect as you had room to dance and breathe.

281549_10150735943930156_552020155_20026812_6909824_n.jpg

Wednesday 20th
We had another Trance night on Wednesday as we went to Privilege for Godskitchen Boombox. Tickets were only €20 or €30 with free bus from Bora Bora. We went to a bar called New Garden first which we called “Bucket Place” as they do a bucket of Sex on the beach for €7 which gets you very drunk! Then we stood outside Jet to get the free bus to Privilege when it drives past us! We then realise that it picks you up from Bora Bora and not Jet so waited another 30 mins for the next one. Once inside we met up with a few more people we knew from Southampton on the dance floor. The AV set up was massive, The lighting effects projected around the DJ booth were really impressive and the music from Sander Van Doorn was quality. After a rave we head to the outside terrace for a few beers then at around 5 o clock I get hungry so me and a couple of others head back from some food. The free bus was waiting outside and we were first on. I then realised that the bus would not leave until it was full which would of taken ages. So we hopped into a taxi back to Jet.

229770_10150735873430156_552020155_20026153_2267456_n.jpg

Thursday 21st
A couple more lads arrive from Southampton today so in the evening we all met up in the “Bucket Place” and had a west end night. Before going to the West End a few of us went to Bay Bar as from Previous years they do an amazing Mojito although they were just as good, I swear they shrunk this year. As you would expect with 20+ odd people everyone split up in the West End. Myself and a few others spent most the night in Ground Zero and Indie music is a lot better than hearing 2 year old Swedish House Mafia songs every 10 seconds. We had a little walk up past the boats before we left so one of my mates could try and find the boat he lost his virginity on last year then went back whilst having a drunken talk with the taxi driver about illegal taxis and if he had signed the petition. He seemed impressed that I knew about that.

Friday 22nd
The younger half of the group decided to do the West End again for some reason or another. Our room went to Ibiza town for the night. We sat outside the bar on the corner. I always forget the name of the place! For 2-4-1 drinks and free shots. The shots were Tequila which we were not man enough to drink so asked for a more girly shot… Schnapps. There was a massive yacht moored up in the port. According to a local sat near us, It was the prince of Dubai's. I decided to try my luck and see if I could walk on. I walked past the local polica lady guarding the entrance trying to look the part saying ola and pretending I was on the phone. She was not having it and did not allow me through  There was another smaller posh boat moored up with rich looking people on board. Naturally we did the British thing and pulled a mooner at them. We left the bar on the corner and headed towards Keeper for a couple more beers. I've never been here before and the outside area was actually quite nice. We didn't go inside as looked to busy. After a couple of beers we walked to the taxi rank outside Pacha and headed back to Jet at about 5am.

Mooning the boat
183808_10150249436160493_628975492_7915243_1229625_n.jpg

Saturday 23rd
Woke up at about 1pm and just monged about the room watching endless repeats on sky news slowly getting bored of the Amy Winehouse news. The younger lot have decided they want to do the West End again! They should have stayed in San An! Myself and 3 others went to Ushuaia for Defected in the House with Sam Divine and David Morales. I have read lots of reviews good & bad for Ushuaia so was unsure as to what to expect. We got our tickets for €30 and headed in at about 7ish. Even though I have seen pictures it was still a shock to see such a big stage in a nice hotel. The layout was amazing. When it got dark the hotel looked really good with the slow purple moving heads dotted around the venue lighting everything up. Planes come in to land right above the stage too. I've read moaning reviews about the drink prices and the ticket system but come on this is Ibiza! I knew the drinks would be expensive so budgeted for that. If you want a free beach party you can always take a crate and go to the beach outside Bora Bora. The ticket system was not as bad as people make out. I queued for about 5 mins to get my 5 tokens then used then as and when I needed a beer. My only gripe is that you are not allowed in the pool. That would make day time partying even better!

Top Tip : Get a place at the bar near the stage and dance there. Then there are no Queues when you require a beer as you are already in it ;)

After Ushuaia we headed for Subway in PDB. The other went to join the “youngens” in the West End. I had an early night and went in at about 2am.

254668_10150735875635156_552020155_20026176_5500220_n.jpg

263391_10150735879260156_552020155_20026205_2852679_n.jpg

Sunday 24th
We Love Space day. Although gutted were 1 week short of seeing James Zabiela (Southampton Lad), Space on a Sunday is mandatory. It was a lot of peoples first time in Space so was the tour guide for the first hour or so. We watched Tensnake live who was excellent then had a time out in El Salon before venturing into the main room. It was rammed and could only just squeeze in at the front. I will never take the piss out of people wearing earplugs again. The bass at the front in the main room actually hurt! It was unreal and made your nose constantly feel itchy. I still drunkenly decided to put my head against the bass bin though. At about half 5/6ish we left to get some beers and had another PDB sunrise with our ears ringing like mad!

225997_10150735882665156_552020155_20026239_7373635_n.jpg

Monday 25th
Today I wanted to do DC10 as that is the one place I have yet to do in my 8 years of going to Ibiza. Out of the 30 of us there was 1 mate who wanted to do this to. We purchased our tickets and headed for Circo Loco @ DC10 at about 7ish. Ive heard it was close to the runway but didn't realise how close. You can almost touch the bloody planes as they come in! DC10 was amazing. I never realised how busy it gets in that main room. The music was spot on and the outside terrace a nice place to relax. Met some decent Irish lads outside although was too drunk to remember what we talked about. The only downside was the toilet queue. Outside and Inside the queue was ridiculous. You do get a stamp if you leave to come back in so can always hide behind a car to piss then head back in avoiding the queues.

262488_10150735888495156_552020155_20026288_4602225_n.jpg

Tuesday 26th
Around about 7pm we headed to Cap Des Falco for sunset. My step sister got married here a few years ago so knew how great the location is. The taxi queue in PDB was ridiculous with 1 taxi turning up every 15 mins. At this rate we would miss the sunset so we shamefully opted for an illegal taxi. Despite living in Ibiza all his life and working nearby, the driver had never been to Cap Des Falco and was impressed when we arrived. I didn't realise that the beds were €50 to sit on so we took up the wooden seats by the bar and ordered our drinks / wine. The service was excellent and I would recommend this bar / restaurant to anyone. In the summer months the sun sets behind the mountains which is still a good sight. Out of season it sets on the horizon.
After sunset we went back to the hotel with some supermarket beers. We found that with my phone LED we could project shadows onto the building opposite. We drunkenly formed a band with our hands miming songs to the Ipod player. We got cheers from the balcony above who enjoyed our stupid yet very funny shadow show.

I was trying some stupid art like photo shots.

185331_10150735891310156_552020155_20026325_3000468_n.jpg

281629_10150735893360156_552020155_20026341_3223336_n.jpg

225681_10150735895960156_552020155_20026366_2182845_n.jpg

Wednesday 27th
Our last night! Some of the younger lot went to see Tinnie Tempah at Ibiza Rocks but that was not really for us. If I wanted to listen to him I would go to Magaluf ;) As we were feeling drained we opted for Sun Set again. This time we went to Sun Set strip in San An. We sat on the rocks with beers bought from the supermarket. It was funny watching Mambo security trying to clear people off the rocks as if they own them! After then sun went down we headed to Kanya for a meal. A couple of the lads purchased apple shisha's which were actually quite nice. I ordered from their sunset menu. The food was good and cheap. It cost me €11 for meal and a beer. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel and drank on the balcony singing drunken coldplay songs which got a few of the other balconys stood up joining in.

184031_10150735926075156_552020155_20026644_2960667_n.jpg

283937_10150735927640156_552020155_20026667_2069033_n.jpg

Thursday 28th
Home Time!
Our flight wasn't until the evening and we were out of our room at 11 so just laid by the pool most the day. At about 5pm we heard shouting and this lad came running past us jumping over the sunbeds while being chased by about 50 people. Then a big fight broke out down one of the alleys. Policia and Gaurdia Civil quickly surrounded our hotel and it turned out the someone had been stabbed by a bottle. The hotel reception was closed for a bit as Policia tried to arrest someone in the foyer. This all happened by the tensing posey pool and not the pool we used. It was probably an argument over who had the best body or something. Finally get to the Airport! Flight was delayed by 30 mins so not the end of the world. I finally got in my own bed at 2:30am GMT :)

All in all another great holiday in Ibiza. Play Den Bossa was much busier than it was last year. The younger (18/19) lot should have stayed in San An as some of them only did the west end and did not even visit a single club! Will most probably be back next year although we are debating looking at a villa so we can take over the DJ gear. I am now sat at work with Ibiza flu, Coughing and shaking. It was all worth it though!

Clubs Nights Visited :

Roger Sanchez @ Space
Full on Ferry @ Sankeys
Godskitchen @ Privilege
Defected @ Ushuaia
We Love @ Space
Circo Loco @ DC10

Biggest Tunes :

Oliver $ - Doin' Ya Thang
Truelove - Rock The Casbah
Knas is Coming Home (Marco V Mashup)

Money Spent
Flights & Hotel for 10 Days - £320
Spending - £1000 (£140 of that was on duty free on the way home)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review mate, looks like you managed to fit alot in!
How much money did you spend roughly in the ten days?

Cheers!

Added to the bottom of the review mate..

Enjoyed that - cheers. Great to see the photos too !

Glad to hear a good report of Sankeys and that the qs manageable @ the bar at Ushuaia... trouble at the openings was you couldn't move enought to dance anywhere near it !

:lol: @ "Naturally we did the British thing and pulled a mooner at them"

Glad you got to DC-10 - sure that you'll be going back there, eh ?

:lol: @ "It was probably an argument over who had the best body or something". The diario reckons it was between lads from the 'drug-gang' towns of Liverpool vs Manchester :lol:.

PS - before the main season kicks off you can use the beds at Cap d'es Falco for nothing .. if there's space :).

Saw a bit of James Zabiela on Saturday - he's quite the performer ! Going off on one a bit tho' ... probably should have stayed to see the whole thing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another awesome review...

I'm starting to wonder if i'm planing to go out to much though as I have every night planned whoops..:confused:

I'm starting to wonder if i'm planing to go out to much though as I have every night planned whoops..:confused:

Depends how long you are there for ?!

I was there 6 days and nights and always go on holiday think theres a chance i may not return back to a certain place so always like to make the most of it first time round, and that i did, out all day every day and loved it :D but then thats because i can and have the energy of a machine haha

Nice review, cheers!

Also went to DC10 for the first time this year, just like you I'm usually not up for it after We Love but gave that a miss this year. Will defo be heading to DC10 in the future.

Would have liked to have made it to Cap des Falco too but ran out of nights!!

Cheers!

Added to the bottom of the review mate..

Ah thats not as bad as I expected as you covered a lot of big nights.
Im going for 10 days next week for the first time, a grand was my planned budget so it is good to see that is manageable....
Did you buy all your tickets for the big clubs while over there? Or did you purchase any tickets before going?

Great review and pictures..I hope the lad in the blue shorts in first picture did`nt sit straight after picture was takin... ouch:D

Ah thats not as bad as I expected as you covered a lot of big nights.
Im going for 10 days next week for the first time, a grand was my planned budget so it is good to see that is manageable....
Did you buy all your tickets for the big clubs while over there? Or did you purchase any tickets before going?

I always purchase tickets when out there. They are sometimes cheaper than web. If you plan on doing SWH or Guetta @ Pacha then pre book online otherwise just get them out there as sometimes you can get free entry bands before a certain time.

You'd be surprised, I struggled to go out more than three days on the trot. Some of that was illness, some of that was due to cash. Going out every night in Ibiza is extortionately expensive

I always purchase tickets when out there. They are sometimes cheaper than web. If you plan on doing SWH or Guetta @ Pacha then pre book online otherwise just get them out there as sometimes you can get free entry bands before a certain time.
Cool, think we are doing SHM but just going to chance it getting tickets over there!

Back