Munich

b3n_

Me and a couple of mates are heading over to Munich this coming weekend for Oktoberfest.

We don't want to spend the entire weekend in the beer tents (not least because we haven't actually got any reservations) so I'm looking for recommendations from fellow spotlighters on the nightlife there. Have you been? Where's good to go, and good to avoid?

Thanks in advance...

Avoid the Oktoberfest, it's awful!

There's a Pacha in Munich, but many of the reviews I read complained about them having a racist door policy and not so nice door staff so I decided to give that swerve on principle, I went to Harry Klien which I really liked. If you like Indian food then I can really recommend The Indian Affair, Indian food in Germany is almost always awful, but I had one of the best curries I've ever had in this place, it's quite expensive though.

Don't forget to try mezzomix whilst there.

Its a mixture of coca cola and Fanta. I've only ever seen it in bavaria. Great for a hangover

Best Techno Clubs we have here:
Blitz - new, amazing soundystem
MMA Mixed Munich Arts - Huge Industrial Place, often just the smaller Clubroom is opened

Smaller but nice:
Harry Klein
Bob Beaman
Rote Sonne

You can get the listings via FB RA or their Websites.
Pacha is a small place here. Not worth to go as a visitor.

In case anyone is interested (or for future searchers), here's a summary of where we ended up:

Friday - got told about a new bar in the lovelace hotel. Good tunes (80s/90s disco, house) but totally dead.
Saturday - Blitz. Absolutely amazing sound system, not too busy, got in for free somehow. Only problem was we'd been out on the town since about 3pm so could only manage a couple of hours
Sunday - AWI - quite a cool little bar that the DJ from Friday night told us about (and was playing at). Same sort of music, mixture of 80s and 90s disco, electro and house

What area did you stay? I was looking to go during easter weekend and marienplatz seemed okay.

We stayed near Silberhornstraße - but we were really dictated by what was available due to it being oktoberfest. I'd say anywhere near there or Marienplatz is fine - the U-bahn is really easy and cheap to get around on (get a 'partner' ticket if there's more than one of you).

Back