MILES KANE + CHILDHOOD | IBIZA ROCKS | 20/08/14

McRackin

Super Moderator
Ibiza Rocks resident Nicola Bear was back on the decks this week after nine weeks travelling through America on the prestigious Vans Warped Tour. In Mallorca they had a different line-up with Skrillex (a few hours before he dj'd at a club in Ibiza!) and Riton...

005+-+copia.JPG

We actually never found out who was opening for Miles Kane until one week ago. Childhood were the band for the job and oh boy, what a great job they did!

The promoter of the White Island Music Festival, which sadly is not happening this year, was telling me on tuesday at the concert of Chris Jagger (brother of Mick) that he loves them and that it was one of the bands he wanted to bring to the island... after seeing them live I understand his enthusiasm.

After various singles, the Londoners released their debut album Lacuna last week with an interesting amalgama of Psychedelic Pop sounds. The young quartet (with the addition of a fifth touring member on keyboards) played songs like "Blue Velvet", "You Could Be Different" or "Falls Away", with a special mention to the last song "Solemn Skies" that reminded me of TOY (difficult to forget their shows in Mallorca and Ibiza two years ago).

Childhood left us a very good impression so definitely one to keep an eye on.

048+-+copia.JPG

Miles Kane's inclusion on this season's line-up was only announced in July and without making much noise but I have to say it's one of the names I was looking forward to see the most.

He played last year at Ibiza Rocks Bar's 3rd birthday doing his first ever full acoustic show, an absolutely fantastic performance that left us gagging for more. Yesterday we had the chance to see the ex-The Rascals headlining on the Ibiza Rocks Hotel stage and to hear how his brilliant songs sounded live with his band.

His two albums (Colour Of The Trap - 2011 and Don't Forget Who You Are - 2013) are filled with straight and to the point kick-ass tunage with infectious sing-alongs and that's exactly what we got. Some of my favourite moments of his outstanding concert were "Inhaler", "Kingcrawler", "Give Up" (that merged into the Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil"), "Rearrange", "Don't Forget Who You Are" and "Come Closer". Awesome from start to finish although I wouldn't have minded if he played longer.

Retro look, cool attitude and great songs, lots of great songs... in my top 3 as best Ibiza Rocks gig of 2014 so far, along with Swim Deep and Jake Bugg!

306+-+copia.JPG

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Childhood setlist + video:

Blue Velvet
You Could Be Different
Pay For Cool

As I Am
Sweeter Preacher
Falls Away
Bond Girls
Solemn Skies

Miles Kane setlist + videos:

Inhaler
Counting Down The Days
Taking Over
Better Than That
Kingcrawler
You're Gonna Get It
Give Up / Sympathy For The Devil (Rolling Stones)
Telepathy

Rearrange
Don't Forget Who You Are
Come Closer

Back