May Festivals

Dirk

A plethora of 'festivals' happening in Ibiza in May, anyone going to any? Assume some will be more successful than others.

Always thought it was a bit arsey of Defected to plan a festival over the same period as Groove Ofysey with a similar musical direction, has there been any previous beef?

1st to 2nd May – Lovin Ibiza
13th to 17th May – Groove Odysey
14th to 18th May – Defected
16th to 23rd May – Slip Back in Time Presents Old Skool Ibiza

heard about this groove odysey the first time now, from you, so defected at least doing a better job of promoting it :)

Groove Odysey has a loyal (older) following that has been going for years, it is one of these things that you buy as a package with the hotel etc. Couple of hundred people max. Same with Slip Back in Time. Ravers coming out of retirement for a week of partying. They wont be affected by Defected at all, which will mop up all the younger house fans on the island....I would be surprised to see many people travelling out especially to go to the Defected parties. But they will still be busy.

We are on the island 21st May for my stag do so will catch the tail end of Slip Back in Time. They have teamed up with Peach/Graham Gold to do a party at Eden on the Thursday night which could be interesting. Just not sure how busy it will be....seen some videos of Eden from last year and they look very quiet indeed. The parties at smaller venues like Itaca suit much better...

Groove Odysey has a loyal (older) following that has been going for years, it is one of these things that you buy as a package with the hotel etc. Couple of hundred people max. Same with Slip Back in Time. Ravers coming out of retirement for a week of partying. They wont be affected by Defected at all, which will mop up all the younger house fans on the island....I would be surprised to see many people travelling out especially to go to the Defected parties. But they will still be busy.

We are on the island 21st May for my stag do so will catch the tail end of Slip Back in Time. They have teamed up with Peach/Graham Gold to do a party at Eden on the Thursday night which could be interesting. Just not sure how busy it will be....seen some videos of Eden from last year and they look very quiet indeed. The parties at smaller venues like Itaca suit much better...

I thought Groove Odysey would have more than a couple of hundred people with the line up they curate?

Back