Manumission Ibiza 2013??? (Well sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are proud to announce THE CINEMISSION TOUR, scheduled for 2013, will include Pacha venues worldwide climaxing with a magnificent Ibiza homecoming.

:eek:

Do you know the Ibiza dates?

We have not booked 2013 holiday yet.

we missed Primal Scream @ Amnesia by 1 day in 2011 :-(

many questions....

is this the new masterplan for pacha ibiza?

is it a season for manumission in ibiza or a one-off?

who are the world renowned DJ's?

this has been a long long planned production - are they re-inventing by moving with their original base who have grown older?

could this be another fantastic play by directing a new innovative direction for the club scene?

it is only January so from a PR point of view it is the perfect time to start the intrigue if something big is about to go down?

is this the new masterplan for pacha ibiza?

I have no insider info, but I think we talked about this a while back. I always thought that Manumission (Andy & Dawn) would come up with a new concept for (or in conjunction with) Pacha. Will be interesting if the "home-coming" will be a weekly residency at Pacha or a few one-off dates.

Andy & Dawn :confused: I think this would be Mike and Claire type of thing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy & Dawn :confused: It think this would be Mike and Claire type of thing..

Correct Craig. Nothing to do with Andy and Dawn its a Mike and Claire production with some talented people working with them.

It has been coming a while now at Pacha. I would think its once off shows this year, then depending on its reaction, may roll out into a residency next season.

It will be a lot darker and heavier than Manumission was.

Good ship Manumission,
best production ever!

The club started out as a cruise ship, half way through the night the Pirates took over the club then, at the end of the night the Sea Gods came in and ruled triumphantly.

I don't know who came up with the concept, Mike, Claire, the team or Mark Fisher - but I still tell people about it to this day.

A true Ibiza moment that I will never let go of.

Correct Craig. Nothing to do with Andy and Dawn its a Mike and Claire production with some talented people working with them.

Stand corrected. Had a look at the website. Looks interesting concept.

Good ship Manumission,
best production ever!

The club started out as a cruise ship, half way through the night the Pirates took over the club then, at the end of the night the Sea Gods came in and ruled triumphantly.

I don't know who came up with the concept, Mike, Claire, the team or Mark Fisher - but I still tell people about it to this day.

A true Ibiza moment that I will never let go of.

That was 2001, I did the season that year, went a few times, serious production alright!

It was the only night we went to every year.

We would go for 1 holiday each your and always made a point of going to different clubs for different nights.
Over the years we have been most nights this way.

With the exception of Manumission.
We always went to Manumission.

We even went for NYE on the Millenium.

Most years the theme and production was fantastic but "Good ship Manumission" was so "Next Level"
Basing it on the sea and realy using the club's desighn to the full.
The "Moth" flying above the pool with all the strobes pointing on it - Wow!

The year with Har Mar Superstar was good too.

The waterfall wall behind the DJ into the pool with the lasers and projections using it as a screen was very clever too.

Some people moaned that all the show took away the clubbing but that was the hole point, it was about the show. If you didn't want the show go to all the other club nights.

We want to go to SuperMartX​e as it looks like it could offer a similar experience

Can anyone compair the two?

Manumission to return ?

487357_513409448710456_424946202_n.jpg

May have already missed this but ive heard from a pretty decent source that it might re appear on a Sunday Night ( not sure how relaible)...

I wonder what club could accomodate such a famous institution such as this ?

the brand name Manumission would have to be sold first for it to happen. Last time i was talking to Andy McKay, he said it was "shelved" for now

Manumission didn't work when it was forced to move to Amnesia, I guess thats why it only lasted a season there... so I can't see it working anywhere else really, as it was all show, it needed the huge space of Privilege to put on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back