Making the move

MRST

Hi everyone I'm new here, so please be patient :)

We have made the decision to change our lives and move to Ibiza.
My husband and I and our three children plan to move out next September, ideally so the children can go straight into a new school year.
There is so much to do in order to make this happen and just wondering what all you lovely folk have done in order to make it happen.
What order did you do things?
What needs to be done first etc, etc.
When do we apply for schools.....NIE numbers.....you get the jist!!
We will be moving from the UK and setting up our business on the Island (or
hope to!).
Any helpful advice is much appreciated.

Theres quite a few people talking about Schools on here, have a look around.

We just moved here and dealt with things as they came. Have been here since August but only just got round to doing our NIE forms. What sort of business are you starting? You might need to look at that first as depending on what you want to do and how you want to structure it you may need an NIE before you move over so you can register a company.

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I would be happy to do that and deal with things as they come, but my husband is a bit more practical and likes to know whats what!!

We are a branding company, dealing with signs and graphics and we also offer garment printing and design, so not really sure re NIE?
Have you learnt the language or are you picking that up as you go along too? We are considering making the move sooner if we can get everything in place.

i assume you've already thoroughly assessed the many competitors you will have when you arrive here. there are at least 4 shops in your sector in san antonio alone who already have a head start on you and the further advantage of being spanish - vital when brit bars and discos pack up and go for 6 or 7 months of the year. you WILL need an NIE.

Congratulation on your decision to move to Ibiza , we are in the same boat but looking to move over the winter,
First bit of advice I'd give u is if u have any business or plan I'd not put it on here, jobs and work are going to be hard to find,
There is loads of accomodation available easy to find best through word of mouth

What part of the island are u looking at?

• Thank you! Its great to see so many fellow brits making the move too.
We will be looking at Santa Eulalia and surrounding areas.
We understand that there is competition, when is there ever no competition?!;)

We are coming out in a few weeks as we have a few meetings so wondering if there is anything we can do on this visit to get some sort of ball rolling or if you have to be resident on the island first? Also to rent apartments, what papers do you need if any?
I understand that work will be hard to come by, my husband will be living between UK and Ibiza as we are keeping our business going here. We plan to grow steadily, not putting all our eggs in one basket shall we say. It's going to be tough but we are doing it for a better quality of life and sunshine!!!:)

The main concern I had was schooling but think I'm slowly getting to grips with that now.

Thanks for all advice.

Back