Losing your virginity....

CasaNegron

What was your first proper club night on the island and did it live up to your expectations?

Club: Amnesia
Party: La Troya
Date: July 3 2003

I made arrangements to see ibiza with a friend that was visiting from the US while I was working in the UK, but I got a flight on BMI? a day earlier than planned to get in an extra day. I had arrived early in the evening and did not have a hotel booked until the next afternoon, essentially forcing myself to party all night. I found the hotel and warily handed over my backpack to "reception" for storage.

This was my first night in a real world class club. Previously, I had only done some shit hip-hop clubs in Washington, DC and UK and before that, house parties in college. I am not sure if it was the "disco bus" back then, but I took a bus. Getting off the bus, I could see Privilege was visible from across the road. I remember getting to Amnesia shortly after 11pm and the place was empty. I had a drink or two at the bar on the 2nd level, and apparently the time somehow passed unnoticed, as I looked over the balcony to the dancefloor the club was full.

I have no idea who the DJ was. I remember dancing to "Shake it (no te muevas tanto)" from Lee Cabrera, as the air cannon blasted the dancefloor.There were girls in thongs and trannies on stilts... at 6am the music stopped and a black guy and his thonged troop of models in white biknis made the announcement. There was "la espuma" and the floor filled with foam.

After watching what amounted to climax of foam spilling from the phallic soap cannons, I left shortly after the foam, and realized it would be difficult to get back to SanAn (few buses, no taxis). I was not and never have been an all-night party person, so I felt miserable and unsure how I would get back. The road was dusty and the rising sun was taunting me as I stood there... guys 2-up on mopeds zipped away from the the parking lot.

It was my 1st Ibiza experience, and I "popped my cherry" at Amnesia... in retrospect, it was kind of underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time. It made me realize I am not a clubber, but a beach-bar guy. I realized when I do go out, I like "production heavy" nights more than "underground" especially when naked women were part of the production.

Eventually I made it back to San Antonio, and got my bag from "reception". I laid out on the beach an began chatting up girls. My friend was to arrive in a few hours and we would be able to check into the hotel. That same afternoon, and evening of July 4th 2003, would turn out to be one of the weirdest in my young adulthood (but that is the topic of another thread) .

My Ibiza club virginity was lost in June 2012 at Amnesia - I'd gone on a singles holiday and 3 of us girls decided to head to Cream for Calvin Harris. I'd had a particularly heavy night drinking the night before so wondered if I would last out but I did. I remember us all drinking tequila sunrises at Bay Bar first, and then catching some form of bus (double decker coach?!) from outside Plastik somewhere. There was a huge crush to get on but we all made it on the bus somehow.

Being Welsh (and a bit noisy after a few drinks) I somehow led a chorus of "oh fluffy sheep are wonderful" on the top deck, I remember getting in to Amnesia and the three of us girls went 3 separate ways as soon as we got inside and I didn't see them til the next day :lol: I headed for the bar, took something a bit dodgy and have not much recollection of anything else that night apart from being on someone's shoulders at one point and that was about it :lol:

I am way more sensible these days :lol:

Club: SanAn, possibly Es Paradis
Party: can't remember
Date: 1998

Holiday with mates. Can't remember many specifics, but I know we did a foam party & had an epic time. Thankfully there's no photos !!

Thankfully there's no photos !!

And no social media.

Honesty, I was even a bit paranoid back in the early 00s from small digital cameras and almost nobody had them. Cant imagine smartphone in everyone's hand.

It puts a real chill on your inhibition thinking that everyone in the club can immediately broadcast to the internet.

Club: Sankeys
Party: Viva Warriors
Date: August 2013

We had a 6AM flight so we decided to meet round my friends at midnight, drink through the night until we went to the airport and go straight through. I remember arriving at the airport, seeing all the billboards and honestly I don't think I've ever been so excited. We chucked our bags in the hotel (Mare Nostrum) as it was too early for check in and headed down to Bora Bora with a few tinnies and wandered down the beach in the morning sun.

The rest of the day was spent rinsing the all inclusive drinks around the pool and then heading down to Bora Bora, which when you go for the first time during peak season (and being far less musically educated) was an unreal experience on its own.

Although I did enjoy Sankeys that night I did feel a little bit underwhelmed, hence I've never been back since. It had that typical moody chav English crowd and the atmosphere was a little tense. However, that feeling had vanished the next day. It was a Monday and my first Ibiza experience of DC10 and Circoloco followed by Cocoon at Amnesia - both of which absolutely blew me away and made me realize what was so special about this island. Carl Cox on the Tuesday at Space then followed which was again superb.

That was my first experience and since then I've been a minimum of twice every year and I don't see that changing anytime soon!

typical moody chav English crowd

Interesting that everyone says this about their own group. Left to their own devices, young men are "moody" worldwide when they are not chatting up girls. One of the special things about Ibiza is that a lot of that typical tension is less intense as people are on vacation, and leave their problems at home.

Bora Bora, which when you go for the first time during peak season (and being far less musically educated) was an unreal experience on its own.

I only 1st went to Bora Bora in 2012, I can only imagine how it was in its heyday as a Space after-hours.

July 2005. Not sure of date.

Straight from plane to hotel and out to Space. Remember immediately going behind the Discoteca DJ box and I think it was handing over from Mark Fancuilli to Jeff Mills. Will never forget that night !

Then early to DC10 the next day (about 1pm) and stayed there until it shut.

Space Closing 2015!

Well Ushuaia closing the day before technically but seeing as it said proper club Space was my first.

Landed on Saturday afternoon, just me and 1 mate and after hotel went straight to Ushuaia. Ran out of money and because I wasn't in the best of states I went back to the hotel, leaving my pal on his own, to get more forgetting I would of had to pay entry again!! Back at the hotel, I dropped a couple hundred euro down the lift shaft, again due to my state of mind lets say. :spank:

Still .. I troopered through and went back to Ushuaia until close and we debating Amensia Closing from here. Gave it a miss due to Space closing being the main reason for going so we wanted to feel fresh and ready.

Woke up and got to Space early about 5pm and my god was I in for a treat. I loved every second that day!! I lost my mate at around 9pm so went the rest of the closing solo. I ran out of money AGAIN but this time I was not leaving I stayed until 6:30am until I couldn't take not having a drink any longer!! If I had money or water I could have stayed but had been moneyless since around midnight and it was taking its toll! So walked back to Hotel Mare Nostrum with the biggest smile on my face that I had finally been to Space.

That is until a prostitute started following me and was set on coming back to my hotel room o_O in the end I shouted some rude words at her and she finally left. When I got back to the room my mate was already passed out on the bed, out of money and our first Ibiza trip had defeated him.

The next day, which was my 21st, and the day of DC10 Closing was another one to remember. I had only 100 euros left on me, id lost my wallet so couldn't have any money sent over and my mate had nothing. Seeing as this was my 21st I was not going to stay in!! I said to my mate look I'm going Dc10 if it kills me so I walked on my own from Hotel Mare Nostrum all the way to DC10, buying a ticket on the way for I believe 60/70 euro. I finally arrived from nice afternoon stroll at around 5pm to discover the carnage that lay ahead! I lasted until about 1/2am when the crush got to much and the funds/substances had completely ran out! I managed share a cab back to the hotel with a nice couple and my Ibiza trip was complete.

Its safe to say I fell in love at first sight and even tho I basically ended up doing the trip solo I was the best few days in my clubbing life!! I have been back 5 times since and I'm sure many more will come.

Roll on Ibiza 2018

Space Closing 2015!

Well Ushuaia closing the day before technically but seeing as it said proper club Space was my first.

Landed on Saturday afternoon, just me and 1 mate and after hotel went straight to Ushuaia. Ran out of money and because I wasn't in the best of states I went back to the hotel, leaving my pal on his own, to get more forgetting I would of had to pay entry again!! Back at the hotel, I dropped a couple hundred euro down the lift shaft, again due to my state of mind lets say. :spank:

Still .. I troopered through and went back to Ushuaia until close and we debating Amensia Closing from here. Gave it a miss due to Space closing being the main reason for going so we wanted to feel fresh and ready.

Woke up and got to Space early about 5pm and my god was I in for a treat. I loved every second that day!! I lost my mate at around 9pm so went the rest of the closing solo. I ran out of money AGAIN but this time I was not leaving I stayed until 6:30am until I couldn't take not having a drink any longer!! If I had money or water I could have stayed but had been moneyless since around midnight and it was taking its toll! So walked back to Hotel Mare Nostrum with the biggest smile on my face that I had finally been to Space.

That is until a prostitute started following me and was set on coming back to my hotel room o_O in the end I shouted some rude words at her and she finally left. When I got back to the room my mate was already passed out on the bed, out of money and our first Ibiza trip had defeated him.

The next day, which was my 21st, and the day of DC10 Closing was another one to remember. I had only 100 euros left on me, id lost my wallet so couldn't have any money sent over and my mate had nothing. Seeing as this was my 21st I was not going to stay in!! I said to my mate look I'm going Dc10 if it kills me so I walked on my own from Hotel Mare Nostrum all the way to DC10, buying a ticket on the way for I believe 60/70 euro. I finally arrived from nice afternoon stroll at around 5pm to discover the carnage that lay ahead! I lasted until about 1/2am when the crush got to much and the funds/substances had completely ran out! I managed share a cab back to the hotel with a nice couple and my Ibiza trip was complete.

Its safe to say I fell in love at first sight and even tho I basically ended up doing the trip solo I was the best few days in my clubbing life!! I have been back 5 times since and I'm sure many more will come.

Roll on Ibiza 2018
An expensive couple of days...

My first time I cant remember the year but I was with my mates Nicky,Paul,Danny,Trevor and Lisa and we heard about this Balearic beat that turned out to be music for djs that couldn't mix...;)

:lol: I'm sure they had a great time and learnt a great deal.

Just realized a couple of you included the first bar visit in ibiza.

My first "bar" was the plastic chairs outside of 'Wips' supermarket the next day after 'La Troya'. My friend and I killed an entire bottle of Bacardi Limon between us in the afternoon heat and got destroyed.

We spent the time cat-calling plumpers and laughing at our own jokes.

Last edited:
Back