long weekend in ibiza - few questions

uk125

Hi guys

I am glad that I found this forums so I can ask few questions about staying in ibiza for a long weekend in august.

Me and my girlfriend are going to protaras, cyprus on 1st july for 2 weeks. 3 times in row!

We never touch ibiza before and would love go there sometime in august If all very good then we'll go ibiza for 2 weeks next year.

Hope you guys don't mind answering few questions.

1)we are looking for 4 nights break, we would like to stay away from san antianos(sp?) Maybe somewhere near airport, ibiza town or bosa area. which resort would you recommend for 2 young couples for nice quiet and relax break?

2) I see a 4 nights break for £320 pp near ibiza town, take off from manchester 6am, arrive ibiza airport 10am. How far from airport to ibiza town? How much the taxi would be? We would like to take most out of 4 nights so arriving there at 10am is very good so we got all day at 1st day.

3) we have heard many good things about ses salinas beach. What speical about this beach? Is it like nissi beach near ayia napa we went there few time. Or better? Where is it exactly? How much taxi woukd be from ibiza town to ses salinas beach?

4). I can't think of any more question lol

Thank you very much guys

If you want to stay near the airport the Playa D'en Bossa, Figueretas, Ibiza Town or Talamanca are all fairly close (in that order). Talamanca probably most relaxing (but also very near Ibiza Town) although you'll get cheaper accomodation in Figueretas and Playa D'en Bossa.

Airport to Ibza Town probably about 12-15 euros (10-15 minutes drive in a taxi, or there are buses into town).

Haven't been to Cyprus so can't compare it, but Salinas beach is pretty good. Half a dozen good (but expensive) bars along the back of it mostly playing quite laid back stuff - very nice to relax there with a few drinks late afternoon. Decent sand and swimming. It's south of the airport (so basically in the opposite direction from the airport to the other resorts I mentioned). You can get a bus there from Ibiza Town or a cab would be about 15 euros (but cheaper from Playa D'en Bossa as it's nearer). Have fun.

Playa D'en Bossa, Figueretas,would be best for you.at least you can nip to Salinas.just down the road,plus pbd as the longest beach and nearer airport.5 mins 10 to 11 euro in taxi.or get a number 10b bus.that deal sounds good.which hotel or apts does it say you would be staying in?.
you can make your hols relaxing if you wish.even though pdb is a busy resort.you don;t have to be near the crowds.lots of nice quite bars and places to eat and drink at night.near ibiza town ,for which you can walk there if you wish.or get a bus number 14...1.45 euro.

plus you can get ferry boats to ibiza if you wish 3 euro one way.or visit Formentera for a day.from 1oam 30..45.to// 4.30 or 5pm.....20 euro;s.nice beaches on that small island.

pdb is a very mixed resort people from all over the world.young and old plus familys.water park is just on your doorstep.

any more you like to know pm me.

thank you for the replies. very useful informations.

i made a fatal error with pricing lol i actually searched 4 nights break on 1st july (that's when we're going to cyprus) lol

so i searched properly in august, cheapest deal from jet2holidays near ibiza town was like over £600 per person LOL so i guess i have to wait the nearer time so the price will dropped as it would cost £320 pp if we are going on 1st july.

woodruff - i'm alittle confused by you said we can ferry boat to ibiza? we will be flying from manchester/liverpool, maybe blackpool.

how busy will it be in bosa and ses salinas beach in last week of august?

thanks again

how busy will it be in bosa and ses salinas beach in last week of august?

thanks again

Very busy. Also, August is about the dearest time to go (as in all the clubs charge more for tickets, hotels cost more, etc). Gets cheaper again in September and will still be pretty busy for the first few weeks.

ferry boat to ibiza.is just that.its a shuttle boat that runs from playa den bossa to ibizatown.lets you see the old town from the sea.great views.drops you right in the heart of things.

Id wait until nearer the date and get a deal a week or so before you go... £120-200 you will pay for 4-5 nights in ibiza, if you look on lastminute.com youll see.
I payed 310 for 10 nights in july so 320 seems a bit steep

I dont think Salinas is as nice a beach as Nissi Beach. However I think Ibiza has a lot more to offer than Cyrpus. Although they are two the best islands I have ever visited.

I would also say that Protaras is far more family orientated than Ibiza Town or Playa Den Bossa.

hi guys again

thank you again for replies

budgie - yes i'm aware august will be most expensive to go, September is impossible as committed to work.

woodruffe - i fully understand now lol, sounds good will check it out when we get there.

ollieG88 - thanks for lastminute.com, never seen this site before

kingfisher - nissi beach is better? in what way?

anyone heard of jet2holidays? found some good deal on this site.

cheers again

hi guys again

thank you again for replies

budgie - yes i'm aware august will be most expensive to go, September is impossible as committed to work.

woodruffe - i fully understand now lol, sounds good will check it out when we get there.

ollieG88 - thanks for lastminute.com, never seen this site before

kingfisher - nissi beach is better? in what way?

anyone heard of jet2holidays? found some good deal on this site.

cheers again

I always book through jet2, they do good late deals aswell...

I think Nissi beach was cleaner and the water was clearer. To me it was a more attractive beach.

I will probably get shot down but

1. The service you get in Cyprus is far superior because it tends to be family owned or locals. In Ibiza a lot of Spanish and English people work in the restaurants and bars. So at times the service can be poor because its casual. Plus they are much better in Cyprus with Children.

2. The beaches and water are cleaner and more accessable in Cyprus.

3. You are probably more likely to get ripped off in Ibiza.

But despite the above I still prefer Ibiza to Cyprus.

Why?....mainly because of the atmosphere, the vibe, the music, the clubs and the bars.

woodruffe - thanks for the link, see some good deals but they only take off at 10pm at night so that day is wasted :(

kingfisher - i think i know what you mean, we like cyprus alot but..we would like to try sunbathing with no clothes :oops: hence we want to know if it's safe in salinas/sa trinxa/sa trincha.

cheers again

ferry boat to ibiza.is just that.its a shuttle boat that runs from playa den bossa to ibizatown.lets you see the old town from the sea.great views.drops you right in the heart of things.

I absolutely love that boat journey, have also watched from appt balconey as the weather gets worse and worse yet the boat continues running even in 20' waves!!

We did a long weekend in Ibiza a couple fo years back, was an amazing experience and highly recommended for anyone considering such. Figueratas every time for us, perfect location.

I absolutely love that boat journey, have also watched from appt balconey as the weather gets worse and worse yet the boat continues running even in 20' waves!!

well then did not run for 4 days last oct 2008.when the monsoon hit the island.worst storms i have seen in ibiza or spain.

hi guys i'm back :)

had good time in cyprus,

now we are ready to book holiday in ibiza. i managed to have time of from work 26th - 28th aug, back to work on 1st september. so we got 5 nights.

cheapest holiday i could find is £461 self catering from jet2holidays.com LOL that's more than we paid for 2 weeks in cyprus.

i need your help to find me cheaper

thanks

Back