Learning Spanish

The Conductor

heading out to ibiza for next season and i want to learn a good bit of spanish before i get there. courtesy n that.

does anyone have any advice on good & cheap ways to learn? good books, cd's etc?

cheers :)

I think there is a few threads already on here like this (one by even me I think as I really want to learn Spanish :lol:)

Have a search and see what you can find.

yes, there are a fair few threads on here about this.

you can download a podcast called "notes in spanish" from itunes for free, which has different levels of competency and is good to fill 10 mins of wasted time when you're out and about.

you can get year long evening classes for about £100. that is the best way to learn, outside of getting a private tutor.

I think there is a few threads already on here like this (one by even me I think as I really want to learn Spanish :lol:)

Have a search and see what you can find.

:lol:

should really have done a search first, sorry :oops:

yes, there are a fair few threads on here about this.

you can download a podcast called "notes in spanish" from itunes for free, which has different levels of competency and is good to fill 10 mins of wasted time when you're out and about.

you can get year long evening classes for about £100. that is the best way to learn, outside of getting a private tutor.

cheers :D

i signed up for a spanish class i was tryin to get through the individual learning account thing. wouldve qualified for £200 fee at the time, but the college forgot to register the course with it. so, having talked myself into doin it, i decided to just do it anyway. class was full of nice enough people, but it bored me to tears being in their company. it was the one-2-one stuff that killed me. the people i had to do it with were just awful. id cringe going in. i lasted about 8 or 9 classes before i stopped going, never intended to stop going, just didnt show one night, then the next etc.

ended up nearly getting taken to court for the unpaid fee too.

i reckon id get on better if i were to pick up a book having done those classes though. keep meaning to get on with it.

i signed up for a spanish class i was tryin to get through the individual learning account thing. wouldve qualified for £200 fee at the time, but the college forgot to register the course with it. so, having talked myself into doin it, i decided to just do it anyway. class was full of nice enough people, but it bored me to tears being in their company. it was the one-2-one stuff that killed me. the people i had to do it with were just awful. id cringe going in. i lasted about 8 or 9 classes before i stopped going, never intended to stop going, just didnt show one night, then the next etc.

ended up nearly getting taken to court for the unpaid fee too.

i reckon id get on better if i were to pick up a book having done those classes though. keep meaning to get on with it.

aye, was thinking that commiting to going to classes etc might end up getting bumsteered. a book and cd combo is prob what i'm after. just looking for some basic lingo before going out to work.

forgot to ask,

did the advice work? have you learnt any??

No worries about asking :lol:

I havent learnt any as yet - the course I wanted to do was quite expensive and dont really have the spare money at the minute. I do really want to still do it though as I hope to live abroad one day.

I learnt by moving there and busking. For authenticity, I decided to only sing in Spanish so, with not a word of it when I first got there I made no money for the first three months but I needed to lose some weight anyway. The incident with goat (do a search on here for the story - I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible) didn't help but I persevered.

Eventually I opened a shop with my earning and everyone pops into finger my goods, locals and tourists alike.

louise,

whilst you writing that, did a praying mantis come into your abode and devour its own head?:lol:

I learnt by moving there and busking. For authenticity, I decided to only sing in Spanish so, with not a word of it when I first got there I made no money for the first three months but I needed to lose some weight anyway. The incident with goat (do a search on here for the story - I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible) didn't help but I persevered.

Eventually I opened a shop with my earning and everyone pops into finger my goods, locals and tourists alike.

partial to a micro dot?

I just moved to Spain it was painful at first, people yell at you when you don't understand. Now my neighbors wisper I think you got that wrong. :oops::D

Just jump in a give it a try.

I downloaded a Spanish Linguaphone course for free off Mininova. I listen to it in the car on the way to and from work. It's not bad, learnt some basics.

Last year the Irish Daily Mail were giving away for free a complete collection of learn Spanish CD's, so i cut the tokens out every day and got the CD's but have really only listened to the first one:oops: if your really stuck though i could upoad them for you, or you could always download a learn Spanish torrent fu*k that paying for it.;)

Buenos Dias :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back