Laurent Garnier's new album is in the making

Robo

www.xpander.nl

DJ/producer Laurent Garnier is one of the founding figures of international techno. For fifteen years he has been at the heart of the scene, holding a residency at the infamous Rex club in Paris and DJing globally. He is founder of the legendary F Comm label, and is known internationally by productions such as 'Acid Eiffel', 'Wake Up'and 'Crispy Bacon'.
Garnier's journey into electronica was ignited by his relocation to Manchester from Paris in the late 80s. Sharing a flat with the then unknown Sasha, he frequented the temple of dance that was the Hacienda. One night he was blown away by a 4/4 Chicago house track and stormed the DJ booth to find out what this new style was.

He is now regarded as one of the most ecelectic and innovative producers today. Garnier's label F-Communication have recently celebrated it's 10th anniversary with the arrival of their 200th release. It seems as if this milestone has given the Frenchman an opportunity reflect on his many influences over the years. Indeed, a recent performance at the Paradiso in Amsterdam and in club Fuse Belgium together with Jeff Mills saw him take the audience from 70s music right up to the sounds of now.

Laurent's new album Cloud Making Machine that is in the making as we speak is surrounded by mystery already. Will Garnier look back or will he move his sound forward? The scoop about the album will be published soon, but we can already reveal it will yet again be a landmark of defining techno with the common Garnier story line. Cloud Making Machine hits the stores in January 2005. The question when Garnier will follow-up on his best performance to date - the Unreasonable Behaviour world tour - cannot be answered yet.

But you can catch his rare DJ appearance in Rotterdam (Holland) at the city's Nightown venue in which Laurent Garnier will feature a his newly discovered retro-road of disco, drum 'n bass, rock en bossa nova on Friday 19th November. Stay awake folks! (10/07/04)

jamesthemonkeh said:
And he actually plays in Reading sometimes :eek: Did anyone buy his "Excess Luggage" album? It was a ridiculous price I thought

i brought the second series. its got a rex club mix and an amazing annie nightengale radio 1 mix.

i wanna get the first part.

superb, a real pleaseure to listen to.

I've got a few friends in Paris so need to time a holiday for one of his sets in the Rex Club, I was told they are on a Thursday and are free to get in, but you have to queue for hours beforehand, not sure how reliable this information is though

jamesthemonkeh said:
And he actually plays in Reading sometimes :eek: Did anyone buy his "Excess Luggage" album? It was a ridiculous price I thought

the first three cds are only 22 quid. they must have brought the price down. listening to the old skool house set.

quality.

Back