Late arrival in San Antonio

g-funk

My girlfriend and I arrive in San Antonio around 3.30am (Sun 14th Sept). Our hotel was not avaialble that night so I cant check in until lunchtime. I just wanted to know if my plan of leaving our bags at reception, hopefully goin for very late beers, having a wander about and then going for breakfast is realistic. Will anywhere be open in terms of bars ?Or should I just book another room at different hotel?

Thanks G

My girlfriend and I arrive in San Antonio around 3.30am (Sun 14th Sept). Our hotel was not avaialble that night so I cant check in until lunchtime. I just wanted to know if my plan of leaving our bags at reception, hopefully goin for very late beers, having a wander about and then going for breakfast is realistic. Will anywhere be open in terms of bars ?Or should I just book another room at different hotel?

Thanks G

How come your hotel wont be ready? We get to ibiza about the same time and also did the same flight last year and our room was ready.

it may not be ready as someone is still in the room till 12 noon.thats sometimes the only problem you have traveling that time of day.bars will still be open.but you could always kip somewhere near reception.they must have a bar/rest room somewhere.you don;t state which place you stopping at.

i would not pay silly money just for the sake of those hours you need to waste.

It's the Casa Maria Apts - they have a left luggage area so we can go straight out. I justed wanted to know if any bars will still be open, which it appears they are. Cheers

To have a room available for you at that time - you usually have to book your hotel for the previous date.

That's what we have done in the past when the villa wasnt ready for us until say midday and our flight hasnt landed until very early morning.

the reason we cannot check in at 3.30am is because they are fully booked that night our booking starts the following day.

you even get this problem at the best of hotels.rooms are not ready untill say 12 noon.just means you will lose a day out in ibiza with trying to catch up on sleep.

Back