Last min weekend visit.

The_millsy

Three weeks after having my second child I’ve managed to get the pass for three nights this weekend.

What a wife I have :)

Anyway I’m a bit out of touch as haven’t been Ibiza clubbing since Space Final Closing.

So Friday we were gonna do glitterbox - even though I haven’t heard the greatest reports this year. Too busy etc etc. But going anyway.

Where to go Saturday and Sunday is the dilemma.

What’s best for a less techy, repetitive house night?

Something with more of a beat than a beep.

Thinking Ants and Elrow but honestly never done either.

Any tips from you experts appreciated.

Three weeks after having my second child I’ve managed to get the pass for three nights this weekend.

What a wife I have :)

Anyway I’m a bit out of touch as haven’t been Ibiza clubbing since Space Final Closing.

So Friday we were gonna do glitterbox - even though I haven’t heard the greatest reports this year. Too busy etc etc. But going anyway.

Where to go Saturday and Sunday is the dilemma.

What’s best for a less techy, repetitive house night?

Something with more of a beat than a beep.

Thinking Ants and Elrow but honestly never done either.

Any tips from you experts appreciated.
Ocean beach Saturday day time ,,, then Elrow

Then take it easy Sunday paella on the beach

Perfect weekend

Ants - It is down to you what you make of it. The crowd can let the night down a little but the music is great and the venue is very good

Elrow - I would avoid

Sunday - Solid Grooves for an intimate atmosphere, however it is very techy but in a good way. Elrow is techy but in a repetitive, predictable way

Ocean beach Saturday day time ,,, then Elrow

Then take it easy Sunday paella on the beach

Perfect weekend

OBC is not really my scene. Definitely wanna try Elrow - believe it or not, 21 years of clubbing in Ibiza I’ve never been to Amnesia.

Paella always sounds good.

Ants - It is down to you what you make of it. The crowd can let the night down a little but the music is great and the venue is very good

Elrow - I would avoid

Sunday - Solid Grooves for an intimate atmosphere, however it is very techy but in a good way. Elrow is techy but in a repetitive, predictable way

Thats a shame re Elrow - I always assumed it was a more party oriented night - rather than a repetitive techy night.

What music is Ants?

Melon bomb saturday then on to pikes for me

Good shout. Also, in terms of house, Defected on Sunday could be a legitimate option. Average age better than a few weeks ago, not as rammed. Might be a bit too much of the same after GB. Understandable if you'd rather give it a swerve though.
Zoo Project or RUMORS?
Looks like me and a few Spotlight colleagues will be at Glitterbox this coming Friday. Would you care to join us on the discobus?? :lol:

Good shout. Also, in terms of house, Defected on Sunday could be a legitimate option. Average age better than a few weeks ago, not as rammed. Might be a bit too much of the same after GB. Understandable if you'd rather give it a swerve though.
Zoo Project or RUMORS?
Looks like me and a few Spotlight colleagues will be at Glitterbox this coming Friday. Would you care to join us on the discobus?? :lol:

Never ventured to Zoo has always assumed it was uber young and very tech/minimal.

RUMORS - tell me more.

I might swerve the disco bus, but I’ll be Glitterboxing

I’ve just noticed a Sankeys event pop up on Spotlight calendar for Sat night.

What’s ‘We are Sankeys’ like for music and crowd?

Last edited:
Thats a shame re Elrow - I always assumed it was a more party oriented night - rather than a repetitive techy night.

What music is Ants?

It certainly is party orientated but not in the way you'd hope - It looks good on social media but in reality when you are there getting slapped over the head by a blow up palm tree, everyone standing on your feet and people on stilts knocking about. You totally lose touch with the music and just get bored very very quickly. There is no intimacy with the crowd and no one is dancing because it is so over crowded

It will be a memorable night for the wrong reasons but it is one of those parties that you do to say you have been

Also you won't get to see Amnesia through Elrow

It certainly is party orientated but not in the way you'd hope - It looks good on social media but in reality when you are there getting slapped over the head by a blow up palm tree, everyone standing on your feet and people on stilts knocking about. You totally lose touch with the music and just get bored very very quickly. There is no intimacy with the crowd and no one is dancing because it is so over crowded

It will be a memorable night for the wrong reasons but it is one of those parties that you do to say you have been

Also you won't get to see Amnesia through Elrow

You’ve successfully done enough to stop me going.

Now we are talking. Love a bit of Paul Reynolds.

Isn’t melon Bomb Fridays a pikes? What happens at Pikes on Saturdays?

Melon bomb this Saturday is beach party at tanit, sat night pikes is artwork.

You’ll prob see me around, gonna see Harvey at glitterbox Friday, Saturday as above, Sunday destino, Monday sleeping on flight going home twitching constantly

Just reading the Resident Advisor info on Sat night at Pikes. Its sounds a bit cabaret, rather than house music party.

Can anyone confirm?
It’s a house music party, they just have other bits of entertainment in some of the smaller rooms and in the outside area.

Back