K10 Car Hire

fatphilb

Hi

Has anyone on here had experience of using this company for car hire in Ibiza?

Getting some very reasonable quotes back for 7 days in April, but when I googled the company there were a lot of recent 1 star reviews where people were complaining about the company keeping deposits. Several people basically calling them as being a scam operation.

Thing is, when I search on zest, its actually saying there is no deposit payable. I'm a bit confused.

Ps. Tried to search, but couldn't find any results.

I've used many car hire companies over the years. K10 was the worst. I was 5 minutes late returning the car and they wouldn't take me to the airport even though that was part of the contract! Not just that the car was running on fumes when I collected it, god knows how I made it to the petrol station. I had to pay 400 euro deposit and they kept it all for very minor damge Have a look at www.doyouspain.com they usually have cheapest quotes from all the car hire companies.

We have a local scheme like that in Dundee now, and have seen Zipcars for years in California.

Would be quite a good thing for Ibiza I think. Might cut down on the number of cars.

We have a local scheme like that in Dundee now, and have seen Zipcars for years in California.

Would be quite a good thing for Ibiza I think. Might cut down on the number of cars.

I strongly doubt this. The hourly rate has to be quite high otherwise people would take a car and keep it for the duration of their whole holiday.
As fuel and all insurances are included, the weekly cost must be at least 3 times as high as an equal car would cost during high season.

I strongly doubt this. The hourly rate has to be quite high otherwise people would take a car and keep it for the duration of their whole holiday.
As fuel and all insurances are included, the weekly cost must be at least 3 times as high as an equal car would cost during high season.

I can only speak from experience, well more from my slightly crazier days, my hire car could sit unused for days (criminally, it was once used only to get us from the airport and then back again 7 days later).

Of course the hourly rate is going to be far more expensive than hiring for say a week, but then if you only really need it, say to nip over to Benirras once in your holiday, on your day off from getting smashed?

Hi i wan to hire a car 28 March 2017 , most car hire companies appear to request a deposit with credit card but we only have a debit card will this be a problem ?

DO NOT CONTRACT WITH K10 CAR RENT AT IBIZA !!! I created a group on Facebook called "the dissatisfied of K10 car rent". Please join us to share your story.

We rent a FIAT 500 Sunday 06/05/2018 in the center of Ibiza for 4 days. When we rent the car, the manager informed us that we were covered by insurance. The check-in was done very quickly and, as we are not car professionals, we did not checked all the aspects of the car. Besides, our check-in receipt did not mention any scratches on the car compared to the version the manager had in hand ! When we returned the car at the airport, the manager noticed a small bump on the bodywork right side. The bump was too small to be seen with the naked eye and it is barely visible on pictures. We tried to demonstrate our good faith but it did not worked and we were charged 302.50€. This amount is completely random ! In addition, the bump is located under the jack position to change the wheel. As we never tried to change the wheel, it is obvious that we cannot be responsible for the bump. The amount charged is unjustified and absurd. We are conviced that we have been cheated. We will soon take legal measures but also want to warn anyone NOT TO CONTRACT WITH K10 !!!

Back