Junction 2 London

grassman

Anyone going or been before? First time for me, going on the Friday. I’m hoping the sound levels will be better than other London festivals....

Anyone going or been before? First time for me, going on the Friday. I’m hoping the sound levels will be better than other London festivals....

Sound levels should be spot on. The benefit of hosting a festival under a motorway bridge...

Been last three years. Comfortably the best 1 day festival I’ve done. Music is class, sound is excellent, security’s relaxed and the crowd is one of the better ones you’ll come across in London these days.

Looking forward to this one! Also headed on the Friday with the hope a mate might be able to link me with entry on the Saturday too but certainly Friday atm.

Can anyone who's been before tell me does the Bridge stage ever get to capacity? I'm hoping to catch some of Caribou before RV & Craig but really don't want to get stuck outside.

Looking forward to this one! Also headed on the Friday with the hope a mate might be able to link me with entry on the Saturday too but certainly Friday atm.

Can anyone who's been before tell me does the Bridge stage ever get to capacity? I'm hoping to catch some of Caribou before RV & Craig but really don't want to get stuck outside.

It got extremely busy last year to the point where you had to fight through crowds to just stand at the back. But that was for for Carl Cox whose likely to be a bigger draw than Caribou.

My fear was actually getting in to the Bridge Stage for RV & Craig after Caribou.

I don't think it will be a problem on Friday. Though Saturday attendees I would advise leaving plenty of time between stage walks. After the scenes last year, they will be reducing capacity under The Bridge.

My first attempt at a UK festival in years and it’s looking like a washout!! Surprise surprise! ?

Enough of it is under cover though and they'll be plenty of woodchip laid to prevent mud baths. Only gonna be the Main Stage that's affected. Even the Woods shouldn't be too bad.

I doubt we'll leave The Bridge anyway ... I've never been so grateful for a motorway in all my life!!

It's never as bad as everybody fears. IMS Grand Finale was the classic example (loads of British workers who have been here two weeks getting precious about rain trying to flog their tickets hahahaha).
Actually the fact that less people attended improved the experience all round. No queues at the bar or the toilets. Rain had stopped completely by 17:00. Best Dalt Vila party I've been to. People are fickle. C'mon, don't let the weather ruin your fun. It's only a bit of water. If it really bothers you, you can pick up disposable macs from Tesco for a quid or two.
I can understand people on holiday for a week getting narky about bad weather, but in the UK we should really have learned to dance in the rain by now. Did the heatwave last year really turn everyone's expectations up that high?

It's never as bad as everybody fears. IMS Grand Finale was the classic example (loads of British workers who have been here two weeks getting precious about rain trying to flog their tickets hahahaha).
Actually the fact that less people attended improved the experience all round. No queues at the bar or the toilets. Rain had stopped completely by 17:00. Best Dalt Vila party I've been to. People are fickle. C'mon, don't let the weather ruin your fun. It's only a bit of water. If it really bothers you, you can pick up disposable macs from Tesco for a quid or two.
I can understand people on holiday for a week getting narky about bad weather, but in the UK we should really have learned to dance in the rain by now. Did the heatwave last year really turn everyone's expectations up that high?
Yes.

Personally I'll be selling my tickets if it rains; it's not for me.

Your loss man.
I've been to Junction 2 the last two years; the weather was great.

We're also off to Awakenings Festival at the end of the month (hopefully the weather will be good), so skipping J2 wouldn't be a major loss.

I have no issue with people enjoying UK festivals in the rain, it's just not something I find particularly pleasant.

Different strokes for different folks?

Awakenings festival is pretty much always amazing weather. Be very surprised if you get rain there.

Last two years at J2 have indeed been exceptional. But it's still only the start of June. Never gonna be a banker weather-wise. Then again, when is?

I'm old and can't be fuc'd with muddy conditions! ... We're still going and it'll be fun. Just not as fun as when the sun shines! I think I'm going on the Saturday (solo) now too where conditions look better so not all bad.

If anyone on here is going on the Saturday and is pre drinking somewhere near the site who wouldn't mind one more joining them, get in touch!

Back