Jon Hopkins

L

LuckyBlueSuit

what is his new tour like? Saw the last one a couple of times and was v impressed, but then again the album was outstanding imo. Thinking of going to see him in Leeds in March.

what is his new tour like? Saw the last one a couple of times and was v impressed, but then again the album was outstanding imo. Thinking of going to see him in Leeds in March.

I saw him at Glasgow SWG3. There's about as much improvisation as you'd expect, but it's nice to hear the tunes loud and in a crowd. Visuals were mainly the videos and there were a couple of dancers with light sticks. First half of the set was from the newest album. Second half was older stuff, some of which I didn't know. Worth going along to if you're a fan, but not quite an essential gig.

I saw him at Glasgow SWG3. There's about as much improvisation as you'd expect, but it's nice to hear the tunes loud and in a crowd. Visuals were mainly the videos and there were a couple of dancers with light sticks. First half of the set was from the newest album. Second half was older stuff, some of which I didn't know. Worth going along to if you're a fan, but not quite an essential gig.
Cheers mate. Kind of summed up what I thought it maybe. The last tour was so essential I had to go twice but the visuals were lacking in imagination back then and as with all live acts of his type there was a large sense of ‘press play’.

As a matter of interest, what time did he come on stage? Was it a 75 minute set again?

Back