JESS GLYNNE + JAY PRINCE | IBIZA ROCKS | 20/07/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
After probably the busiest event ever at Ibiza Rocks Hotel last sunday with the opening of Craig David's TS5 pool party, it was time for the return of one of the biggest female artists today: Jess Glynne.

Newcomer Jay Prince (who has been opening for Glynne on her UK tour) has released various EPs, Beautiful Mercy (2015) being the last one. Backed by the DJ Ralph Hardy, the London rapper and producer got the audience going with the laid back and mellow beats of songs like "Cruisin" and "Good Right Now".

P1300240+-+copia.JPG

Jess Glynne debuted at the hotel stage in 2014 opening first for Bondax at W.A.R! and later for Rudimental at Ibiza Rocks (she was due to appear again at W.A.R! later that summer but it was cancelled). At the time she was known as a featured artist on Clean Bandit's "Rather Be" and Route 94's "My Love" and also for her debut solo single, the Gorgon City-produced "Right Here". Since then, the Londoner published her debut album I Cry When I Laugh (2015) that went straight to number one in the UK on its release. As it happened many times throughout Ibiza Rocks' history, this is another example of new talent who played a support slot and later returned as a headliner.

By the time she hit the stage the crowd was ready and willing to dance and sing along to every tune. Contrary to the two previous times, where she came along with a DJ, this time she was surrounded by a proper band. Apart from the songs mentioned above, the show also included "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself", "Not Letting Go" (her collaboration with Tinie Tempah) and "Hold My Hand" to name just a few of the most popular. The surprise of the night came with the cover of "I Feel For You", written by Prince but made famous by Chaka Khan. The confetti explosions and the giant balloons added sparkle and fun to the occasion although her flawless voice and good vibes were enough to have everybody eating from the palm of her hands.

Outstanding!

P1300474+-+copia.JPG

By the way, from this week the gigs start a bit earlier and finish at 11.30pm instead of midnight. The resident Patrick Nazemi is doing the last 30 minutes...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Una cerveza, por favor...

P1300272+-+copia.JPG

Here come the balloons...

P1300459+-+copia+edit.jpeg

P Dawg aka Heavy P aka The Postman aka Patrick Nazemi doing the closing set...

P1300707+-+copia.JPG

Jess Glynne setlist:
Don't Be So Hard On Yourself
Rather Be (Clean Bandit cover)
No Rights No Wrongs
Gave Me Something
Not Letting Go (Tinie Tempah cover)
It Ain't Right
My Love (Route 94 cover)
Ain't Got Far To Go
Love Me
Why Me