JACK GARRATT + HONNE | IBIZA ROCKS | 29/06/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
From the huge Glastonbury festival to the intimate courtyard stage of Ibiza Rocks Hotel, the English artists Honne and Jack Garratt debuted on the white isle this week...

Fourth time for Leticia Perez aka Ley DJ at Ibiza Rocks, who was a last minute addition to this week's line-up and apparently willl repeat later in the season. The Valencian DJ, part of the Rock Nights roster, also played later at the after party in Pikes.

P1290253+-+copia.JPG

The electronic-soul duo Honne has released four EPs and their first album Warm On A Cold Night is announced for next month. They're Andy Clutterbuck and James Hatch and both write, record and produce their own music.

Backed by their touring band, they performed with so much passion that their mellow music sounded even better live. We danced and grooved to songs like "The Night", "Good Together", "Coastal Love", "Gone Are the Days", "Someone Who Loves You" or "All In The Value".

Exquisite smooth pop!

P1290315+-+copia.JPG

BBC Sound Of 2016 and Brit Critics' Choice winner Jack Garratt brought his multi-instrumental live show to Ibiza to present his only album Phase, released earlier this year. His music is one-of-a-kind and it can appeal to so many people.

Armed with a great voice (that reminds me of the one and only Jeff Buckley) and the ability to play multiple instruments at the same time, I had the feeling we were up for an unique experience but I wasn't expecting something so overwhelmingly good. The one-man band maintained the same level of energy throughout the set, transmiting so much emotion on songs like "Coalesce (Synesthesia, Pt. 2)", "Breathe Life", "Weathered" (with a mention to his parents, who were in the VIP), "Fire", "Surprise Yourself" or the loud ending with "Worry" and its big guitar solo. The audience responded singing all of them back to him so the connection between artist and audience was absolute.

Incredibly talented guy and unforgettable performance!

P1290466+-+copia.JPG

Next week is the big one: LCD Soundsystem... tickets are selling fast so you better sort out yours, pronto!
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Jack Garratt setlist:
Coalesce (Synesthesia, Pt. 2)
Breathe Life
Weathered
Far Cry
7 Days [Craig David] / Señorita [Justin Timberlake]
The Love You're Given
Fire
Surprise Yourself
Worry

Welcome along to the first episode of In Ibiza with... Today Rocks Resident supreme Patrick Nazemi catches up with Ibiza Rocks 2016 star Jack Garratt to talk music, song writing on the road and his new love of making beats in a bath tub of balls at the world famous Pikes Hotel Ibiza.... as you do!

Back