Is the Salinas beach bus-only now?

tclubber

This article on Spotlight casually mentions that:

Ibiza's government is also considering adding bus-only services to Cala Conta, Cala Vadella and Las Salinas, with a decision to be made this summer 2018.

Has a decision been made here? Quite a bummer to see Salinas on the candidate list - after all, it has a huge car park and offers probably the best parking facilities of all Ibiza beaches, so what's the point making people use buses?

Ibiza has a traffic problem in summer, but surely charging for parking would be a better encouragement to use the bus then banning it altogether?

The bus only goes to Bossa & Ibiza Town so it'd make it hard for people staying in other resorts to go visit without a Car.

Parking in Salinas costs money since at least 2004 (my first time on the island). Which makes the whole idea with the bus seem even more strange. I also don't recall any traffic problems there (unlike Cala Conta, Cala d'Hort, Benirras and a few other beaches where parking is not fun at all).

By the way :The way to cavallet is close after 10 or 11 in high season. I don't think , there is a bus to this beach. Don't know how to go there without a car.
Walking from Salinas ?

Yes, walking from Salinas 15mn

No problem , that's what I did normally. But if you cant walk because any reasons ( older people , injured or something ) you have to use a taxi. Btw : I remember a day in high season without parking room at Salinas. Everything was rammed. Then you have to park at the little supermarket an walk 30 min to Salinas , 20 min to cavallet.

I think you probably have to turn up at 6am in high season to guarantee a free parking space in the dust, otherwise you have to pay to get in the official car park. I could easily imagine the payzone being expanded a few metres to incorporate that sandy track but banning private vehicles cars altogether would be ridiculous and damage business. [*big ups Pepita's guest house. Just the nicest landlady I ever met in Spain, even if those rooms play host to the thirstiest mozzies on the island].

Salinas, Cala Comte, etc... All these trendy and istagramed places are over saturated during the peak season.
One of these days, the government will have to control the number of cars on the island, like in Formentera.

Salinas, Cala Comte, etc... All these trendy and istagramed places are over saturated during the peak season.
One of these days, the government will have to control the number of cars on the island, like in Formentera.

Best they can do ... I think about to take a hotel in Ibiza town without a car. Only use the bus. I think it works.

All I ever remember from walking to cavallet is guys popping up out. Of the grass with no pants ..

I have to say I still really enjoy heading down there on a good day. Some of the more 'creative parking' along the road is pretty amusing (albeit a nuisance - usually battered dust-coated hatchbacks with faded Pacha stickers on the rear window), cars which might have been there for minutes or years. I suppose it is all worth the faff when you eventually hit the beach.

yes, you're never alone for very long on that beach... you do still get occasional genuine artisans selling quality textiles (usually some Italian called Valentina with corn rows you would talk to for longer if your missus wasn't there) but also a whole load of people flogging tat (tat is the enemy of everything - I rant about it all the time where I live)

the african guys selling coronas out of iceboxes can save you a fortune tho I'm not sure that's a necessarily a good thing - you don't want to drive sa trinxa out of business but equally you don't want to pay inflated prices - admittedly not a moral dilemma that overly exercises me whilst the sun's going down and I'm coming up

Back