Ipod/Speakers help

Angie24

There seems to be a lot of knowledge on here when it comes to all things technology so just looking for opinions to help my research - bit lost when it comes to these things!

1. Buying an Ipod/Mp3 player which would you go for?
2. Same question for portable docking station/speakers

Looking for something good quality, memory and built to last. Main use will be playing music in my yoga class.

Been given a little amount of money as my Gran passed away so want to make it something special too.

So there's the brief, can anyone help :D

Buy an IPOD touch

JBL or Bose docking station are the best quality and will suit your needs perfectly
8)

Buy an IPOD touch

JBL or Bose docking station are the best quality and will suit your needs perfectly
8)

Thanks - I see that the touch comes in different memory sizes - can you increase this as you go by upgrading a memory card?

No, no memory card slot.

The iPod touch is nice if you're going to use it for all its various applications and web surfing. Oh, and video. And it's pretty.

But if you're only going to use it for music then I'd go with the ultra-portability of the Nano.

No, no memory card slot.

The iPod touch is nice if you're going to use it for all its various applications and web surfing. Oh, and video. And it's pretty.

But if you're only going to use it for music then I'd go with the ultra-portability of the Nano.

Thanks Morbyd - definitely is pretty, just been to check them out :lol:

Do think the web option would be handy. Now having a debate in my head though over just going the whole hog and getting the iPhone, but contract costs freak me out a bit :eek:

Any advantage to keeping them separate i.e is the Touch better than the phone?

The only advantage is if you want to carry one device not 2. Well, and also that you can use the Internet via your mobile operator in addition to just Wifi like the Touch.

Certain applications that you can add on to the iPhone require cell phone connectivity, and thus don't work on the Touch. Other iPhone apps will work on the Touch just fine.

I personally don't think the iPhone is an especially good phone. I'd keep them separate.

The reason I didn't get a Touch is because I have a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard (I find it easier to type) that does Internet, Wifi, GPS, etc. So the Nano was good enough for handling music chores.

agree with Morbs, swerve the touch if you only want it for music as all the other apps just use valuable memory space. Depending on how much music you have I would possibly look at the classic too.

as for a docking station, the bose is the best one, but if you have a bit more cash, check out the Zeppelin!!! 8)

The only advantage is if you want to carry one device not 2. Well, and also that you can use the Internet via your mobile operator in addition to just Wifi like the Touch.

Certain applications that you can add on to the iPhone require cell phone connectivity, and thus don't work on the Touch. Other iPhone apps will work on the Touch just fine.

I personally don't think the iPhone is an especially good phone. I'd keep them separate.

The reason I didn't get a Touch is because I have a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard (I find it easier to type) that does Internet, Wifi, GPS, etc. So the Nano was good enough for handling music chores.

Thank-you so much for your thoughts. I have a tiny wee phone just now that's fine for talk/text and I've got it cheap as chips for the moment so seems silly to move away, but all in one sounds good and would probably make it a good phone to me if we're talking features and stuff. Ultimately more expensive in the long run though - this is harder than I thought :spank:

As for speakers Bose looks wicked but may break the bank hmmmm off to see some more crazy salesman tomorrow again :lol:

agree with Morbs, swerve the touch if you only want it for music as all the other apps just use valuable memory space. Depending on how much music you have I would possibly look at the classic too.

as for a docking station, the bose is the best one, but if you have a bit more cash, check out the Zeppelin!!! 8)

cheers jjinit - never really been one for gadgets but these wee Apple numbers are getting my gander up :lol: for some reason I have always had difficulty working the classic :oops:

Hmmm maybe I should reconsider the Bose Sounddock that's around £199, and stop looking at the portable at £350! yes, the Zeppelin looks fantastic :D

have you tried the Logic-3 i-station ? we bought one from John Lewis for about £50 and its really good sound quality for the money. portable (has been to ibiza in suitcase a few times) light and surround sound and the nano etc just sits in the top...music purists will probably say its pants but can blast out your tunes

have you tried the Logic-3 i-station ? we bought one from John Lewis for about £50 and its really good sound quality for the money. portable (has been to ibiza in suitcase a few times) light and surround sound and the nano etc just sits in the top...music purists will probably say its pants but can blast out your tunes

Saw the pure-fi, but sound didn't seem so good. Sony one seems pretty good though.

Thinking the i-phone may be tempting me - I am a nightmare though as now thinking I might as well get the 16GB as it has better functionality than the 8GB:oops:

ok then if you don't want a slim-line ipod docking station get one of these babies..

that would really get the yoga class going!

medium_2176769196_9a9156e2b6_o.jpg

Saw the pure-fi, but sound didn't seem so good. Sony one seems pretty good though.

Thinking the i-phone may be tempting me - I am a nightmare though as now thinking I might as well get the 16GB as it has better functionality than the 8GB:oops:

Why not the 32GB?!?!?!?

120GB ipod classic for me - no problems with it thus far - I think it cost 175 from argos

---

however, extremely peeved to discover my new motor only features an mp3/AUX socket by the gear with no jack or links to central audio system! :rolleyes: (had expected it to be centrally installed in the glove compartment!) Does anyone know if there is a way to reconfigure it so I have steering wheel control or is that something only the manufacturers can do?

120GB ipod classic for me - no problems with it thus far - I think it cost 175 from argos

Ditto.

And ive just treated myself to the new Zeppelin mini, very nice sound and it isnt run in yet.

It also depends if you want portability and what size room your thinking. The bose and B&W's are lovely bits of kit.

for the road Ive got a cheapy Logitech, it sounds great !!

Back