Invite People to Phil Laing - Scum of the Earth

Dirk

Join the Facebook campaign and make sure this ****er gets what he deserves.

A student has apologised after being caught on camera urinating over a city centre war memorial.

15407237.jpg
Philip Laing urinates on the war memorial

Philip Laing, 19, will appear before magistrates in Sheffield later this month charged with outraging the public decency.

He was one of around 2,000 students taking part in the Carnage UK event on Sunday evening, during which many drunken scenes were caught on camera.

The students paid £10 each to take part in the drinking session.

Laing was reportedly in a "shocking state" and curled up for a sleep in front of a shop window, only to be woken by a group of giggling girls.

He was allegedly helped to his feet and walked over to the First World War memorial in Baker's Pool, where he relieved himself over tributes left to the fallen.

The incident was reported to security staff who washed down the memorial with buckets of water.

Laing issued his apology through Sheffield Hallam University.

He said: "I am deeply ashamed of this photograph and I am sincerely sorry for my behaviour.

"I have no recollection of the events in the photograph, although I recognise that this does not excuse my actions.

"I apologise unreservedly for any offence I may have caused."

15407185.jpg
This ****er was also on the Carnage night

Superintendent Peter Normal, of South Yorkshire Police, said: "The behaviour portrayed in this photograph is disgraceful and will not be tolerated.

"As soon as it was brought to police attention, officers began the process of tracing him so that he could be put before the Magistrates Court.

"Similar student events are a regular occurrence in Sheffield and are usually very well-run and well-organised by the Students' Union and the event organisers.

"Incidents of this nature are a very rare occurrence.

"Unfortunately, on this occasion, one individual has brought shame upon himself and damaged the reputation of the event and the organisers."

15407183.jpg
Karen Conlon was another reveller

Participants who paid the £10 each got an official T-shirt and access to a series of clubs and bars, though they bought their own drinks.

Everyone involved was invited to wear "doctors and nurses" fancy dress.

Carnage UK is run by Birmingham-based Varsity Leisure Group Ltd, which operates similar events for students across the country.

A statement from the group said: "VLG has the greatest respect and admiration for all those who lost their lives in the defence of this country.

"VLG is appalled to see this individual (or any individual) treating a monument to commemorate those people in a disrespectful manner.

"The perpetrator of this despicable act will not be welcome at future events held by Carnage UK."

It's not a nice thing to happen, but we've all done stupid things when young and absolutely pissed, surely?

I like the name of the company - 'Carnage UK.' Not really an appropriate name considering what it does is it?!

Daft twat, but ****ing hell it's an overreaction surely?

thank god facebook wasn't around when i was 19. :lol:

Or electricity.....

Daft twat, but ****ing hell it's an overreaction surely?

Or electricity.....

Thats whats wrong with todays generation, no respect and some people dont even think this was that bad? This guy is scum, end of and everyone should realise that. The guy deserves everything he gets.

At least with Acid House I learned to love and respect!!!

Thats whats wrong with todays generation, no respect and some people dont even think this was that bad? This guy is scum, end of and everyone should realise that. The guy deserves everything he gets.

I agree with ya.
Shoulda made him lick up his own mess.

I agree with you that what he did was really bad. He's been arrested and his life is probably now in the **** as a consequence. I just don't fancy joining the lynch mob.

i agree with mark. no one is disputing how despicable it is, just its also clear that the guy is totally mortal drunk and would have had no idea what he was doing.

on that basis it's difficult to make a case for the "No respect/disrespectful youth of today"" thing.

the guy has probably fcuked up his life (in the short term), but he's not representative of the the disrespectul youth thing

the type of person you're talking about would have done this anytime and shown no regret.

If i could get hold of that tax dodging w**kshaft he'd be picking his fecking teeth up with a broken arm!!!!:evil:

While Britain focuses its attentions on a p*sshead who's probably going to have a really sh*t life for the next few months, pedos, muggers of old ladies, rapists and child abusers walk the earth sniggering to themselves

Or electricity.....

Or the internet hey Mark ;) :lol:

While Britain focuses its attentions on a p*sshead who's probably going to have a really sh*t life for the next few months, pedos, muggers of old ladies, rapists and child abusers walk the earth sniggering to themselves

Agree. But with it only a few weeks to Armistice it is even more 'shocking' to the nation, especially with the recent bad press regarding Afghanistan and the troops returning etc etc.

An arse of galactic proportions by all accounts.

Much as I'd like to see him being shoed by a selection of Danny Dyer's Deadliest Men, I'm sure he'll be punished considerably as it is for the foreseeable future.

*fresher student gets paralytically drunk and pisses in the wrong place shocker*

HANG HIM!

some perspective needed here - someone accidentally choosing the wrong place for a piss is hardly the same as deliberately daubing a swastika on jewish tombstones!

*the real issue here is the fact people need to get paralytically drunk in the first place, but that is another subject, and one about which we are all still deeply in denial..

Give him a break he's 19!! I think the whole fact of trying to create a Facebook lynch mob for this teenager is more disgraceful than the act he's comitted! I don't think many people can say they've never done something totally stupid when they're drunk that they are ashamed of? Yes what he done was disgraceful, and he should be totally ashamed of himself, but he's apologised profusely, creating some kind of hate campaign towards him is pathetic. "Get what he deserves" - what's that? A beating? Shunned by the public? There are many more scumbags on this planet than a drunken idiot student. Jeez!!

Congratulations, you sum up exactly why this country is in such a state when people turn a blind eye and think it's not that bad to piss on a war memorial with poppies that have been laid.

I have done many stupid things when wrecked, but havent disrespected war heroes or the elderley. Do you think the family who marked their respect think the same?

Some comments on here sadden me.:(

Congratulations, you sum up exactly why this country is in such a state when people turn a blind eye and think it's not that bad to piss on a war memorial with poppies that have been laid.

I have done many stupid things when wrecked, but havent disrespected war heroes or the elderley. Do you think the family who marked their respect think the same?

Some comments on here sadden me.:(

EVERYONE has said what he did was out of order.

NO-ONE has said "it's not that bad to piss on a war memorial".

:confused:

Back