Erick Morillo

B
I'm not quite sure what that analysis was that allowed you to come to a conclusion like that, but the suggested solution is way off the mark. I personally find it offensive and blame shifting. A women or anyone that has been subjected to sexual violence will always feel quilt. This won't be helped by people inferring that the risk could be moderated
I apologise if I misinterpreted the word 'disassemble' for conclusion. I nonetheless still vehemently disagree with the 'where the solution lies' aspect. I've not said that is your solution, and this could be a case of cross purposes

B

I apologise if I misinterpreted the word 'disassemble' for conclusion. I nonetheless still vehemently disagree with the 'where the solution lies' aspect. I've not said that is your solution, and this could be a case of cross purposes
Let us settle this topic ... I have reached my daily limit of dealing with these sad matters honestly ...

That's true @The Fog , but nobody tells a victim of robbery they were asking for it. People who are mugged aren't put under the limelight of cross examination to judge their character or sobriety
This is not true. If you walk the streets in Haiti flashing the newest iPhone and get robbed, lots of people will blame you.

I remember there was a thread about a $1 million watch being snatched from a guy in the port of Ibiza a year(?) ago - I don't remember everyone being busy condemning the thief and feeling for the victim.

I agree the victim of a rape should almost never be blamed. But it's not the same for other crimes.

Okay, for that specific example, you are right, and yet that victim would still not be put on a podium and put through the ringer by a high qualified and intimidating legal expert

... also, "almost never"???????????

Also, can i just check, for one moment putting the rape and predatory behaviour to one side, why is his funeral being broadcast?? Is this normal? Have I missed something?

"Also, can i just check, for one moment putting the rape and predatory behaviour to one side, why is his funeral being broadcast?? Is this normal? Have I missed something?"

It was a family choice, at their expense to greet him, honestly i am very sorry for the mother, she was very attached to him.

Also, can i just check, for one moment putting the rape and predatory behaviour to one side, why is his funeral being broadcast?? Is this normal? Have I missed something?
Covid funerals are livestreamed here...because you can only invite 100 people. Perhaps that has something to do with it. But that's a private livestream off course, not like this.

The survivors and those close to them are the ones that get the life sentence from this.

Yes I totally agree with this. It is a life sentence.

I spent 6 months in South Sudan in 2017. They were well into a brutal civil war. Rape was endemic there and a lot of evil shit went on, and still does in that dark corner of Africa.

I spent a lot of time in the northern city of Malakal. Won’t go on about it too much, but Males and females were brutally raped on an epic scale here (children too) by their fellow countrymen. Bentiu was a similar city.

A lot of the male victims committed suicide, as it must be hard to live with.

Had a lot of interaction in our daily routine with the female survivors. Thousands of them from the Shilluk tribe, displaced from their own city and living in a UN camp.

Just the look on their faces and the emptiness of their eyes told you as much as you needed to know really. They’d just stare at you and not say a word. As if they were trying to make you understand their pain.

One of the main memories I took away from the place.

If it was my decision, rapists would be shot at dawn or hung from a post.

I spent 6 months in South Sudan in 2017. They were well into a brutal civil war. Rape was endemic there and a lot of evil shit went on, and still does in that dark corner of Africa.

I spent a lot of time in the northern city of Malakal. Won’t go on about it too much, but Males and females were brutally raped on an epic scale here (children too) by their fellow countrymen. Bentiu was a similar city.

Had a lot of interaction in our daily routine with the female survivors. Thousands of them from the Shilluk tribe, displaced from their own city and living in a UN camp.

Just the look on their faces and the emptiness of their eyes told you as much as you needed to know really. They’d just stare at you and not say a word. As if they were trying to make you understand their pain.

Humans, the worst of all animals on this planet

Thank you for sharing that. Really powerful and heartfelt words

My friends partner made two documentaries on the subject of them using rape as a weapon in Congo for Irish TV.. shocking stuff.

My friends partner made two documentaries on the subject of them using rape as a weapon in Congo for Irish TV.. shocking stuff.

Shit yeah, Congo is another one mate. Really grim that rape is used as a tool for war in these countries. Has happened a lot in Syria over the past few years.

Actually have been threatened with it myself.

I don't know if anyone watched the Ross Kemp show when he follows the soldiers in Afghanistan and you hear the Taliban on the icom radios speaking away.

Thats actually a real thing, they are always on usually waffling a load of rubbish trying to goad us about how they are going to kill us all etc etc blah blah blah

Well in one area the local Taliban said they were going to overrun and capture us. Then rape us ?‍♂️

We sent a message back saying to meet us at high noon and dress sexy.

C unts never showed up.

3314-1168627226-708877c5ba983d661f99d405f53b662c - Copy.jpg

War is a dirty old thing, a whole other topic.
I found reading the torture and sexual abuse by American troops on prisoners at Abu gharib etc disturbing to read

Back