Erick Morillo

Feeling mixed about this. Can you seperate the art from the artist?
Interesting question and was having a chat on this subject with a mate the other day in the context of art. If anyone was offered a gift of a Picasso painting would they turn it down because he was a ruthless abuser? I doubt it. Conversely I suspect most people would turn down a Rolf Harris painting; perhaps it’s the abuse of children rather than adults that many people potentially draw the murky line? No easy answers to this.

Interesting question and was having a chat on this subject with a mate the other day in the context of art. If anyone was offered a gift of a Picasso painting would they turn it down because he was a ruthless abuser? I doubt it. Conversely I suspect most people would turn down a Rolf Harris painting; perhaps it’s the abuse of children rather than adults that many people potentially draw the murky line? No easy answers to this.

Depends on the value of the art, having knowledge of the artist, how long ago it all happened, particular nuances, etc, and some people are just willing to turn a blind eye to the sins of their man. Bowie has an 'interesting' history for example.

Dickheads eulogising this c**t have a word. The entire industry knew what a creep he was!!!

Isn't this the real crux of the matter. Punters enjoying a DJ set and releases on a record label appreciate and enjoy the entertainment provided and praise the person providing it. They can't know their personality and/or how they behave behind closed doors so have to take it at face value, and feel conflicted when evidence or rumour emerges to the contrary.

If Eric Morillo had a dark side that was indulged and ignored because of what he did, those who were fully aware of this in the 'industry' are the enablers and should hang THEIR heads in shame for not calling it out before.

If Eric Morillo had a dark side that was indulged and ignored because of what he did, those who were fully aware of this in the 'industry' are the enablers and should hang THEIR heads in shame for not calling it out before.

The industry people posting eulogies to him, couldn't of not heard the things I did. And I was a No-one for a couple of years. No smoke without fire is unfair at the times, but if women you know and trust tell you their experience, it's important you believe them. I don't believe that none of those big hitters were ever told.

He had form that everyone knew. He was decent and polite the one time I was in a room with him, but women I knew and trusted told me was he complete wanker when off it or just left alone with them.

I'm more concerned that the alleged victim won't get justice.
Yes I can imagine it..
Didn't surprise me when the allegations came out, who knows whether it's true or not for sure as he did deny the allegations in the police report..apparently he did admit to having sex with the second girl that was there and there was DNA on the victim

I think he was a good bit troubled person and great with friends thats why everyone loves him but could be a sleaze bag with women

The industry people posting eulogies to him, couldn't of not heard the things I did. And I was a No-one for a couple of years. No smoke without fire is unfair at the times, but if women you know and trust tell you their experience, it's important you believe them. I don't believe that none of those big hitters were ever told.

Few DJs have said, Eats Everything, Steve Lawler off the top of my head. It sounds like he was pretty troubled based on his childhood and never really got it sorted.

Few DJs have said, Eats Everything, Steve Lawler off the top of my head. It sounds like he was pretty troubled based on his childhood and never really got it sorted.

actually a lot of DJs have said things like 'he had his demons', 'troubled mind' etc.

Back