Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been discussed elsewhere many times but presumably fairly well known that the big car park to the right of Mambo / Mint will likely be turned into an Ushuaia type hotel when planning permission is granted in the next few years?

Its always a big mystery why this big patch of land that is surely worth millions is allowed to be a dusty carpark, and the scruffy apartments around it are still allowed to stand.

Ive been quite 'anti VIP hotel' on many posts, but this is one area where a nice hotel and pool complex would uplift the area.

Its always a big mystery why this big patch of land that is surely worth millions is allowed to be a dusty carpark, and the scruffy apartments around it are still allowed to stand.

Ive been quite 'anti VIP hotel' on many posts, but this is one area where a nice hotel and pool complex would uplift the area.
Something to do with planning permission that will eventually be granted within the next few years.

Hi all

Was in the west end last night for a last knees up before heading back home today. We was in revolutions, nipped outside for a fag between 1 and 2 am. Shortly after 2 lads came out of Soul city, one who was his mate i presume, was pushing the other one back and telling him to leave it. Around 20 seconds later a huge lad storms out of Soul city and punched the lad trying to be calmed down... Now i have seen a lot fights and punches thrown over the years, but this one has to be one of the worst. The crack sound that i heard when the lad was punched was loud and quite frightening really i can still hear it now and it sends a shiver down my spine. He was instantly knocked out and he fell head first into the floor right in front off my feet... I genuinely thought he was dead at one point. The big lad hit him as hard as i have ever seen anybody hit before...no f***s given as to what he had done. He then storms off through the crowd pushing people out the way and shouting. We then had to stop people crowding round the lad, whilst the off duty doctors and nurses who happened to be in that area at the time saw to him. There were also some idiots with camera phones out recording, they were told to basically piss off as it was very serious.

He took around 5-10 mins to come round. The last i saw of him was round the side of KFC been helped to stand, i heard someone say he is bleeding from his ears. Now that is bad news if i am correct, i haven't thought of much else all day apart from how he is and that horrible sound..

I was wondering if anybody also witnessed this or had heard of how he is? I know its a long shot, but have been concerned all day about him. I will be very shocked if he doesn't have at least cracked or broken bones in his face if not more ! Shocking incident....

Thanks

Last edited:
Never understand why some lads don’t realise how easily punches like that can kill - happened in San An only last year. One stupid night out ending up with a life sentence in a Spanish jail. Madness.

I’m far from a medical expert but in my experience the fact that he woke up and was walking relatively shortly afterwards is a good sign in terms of it hopefully not being too serious for him.

Certain narcotics and alcohol tend to impair judgement when it comes to how hard someone is hitting :rolleyes: Hope there's camera footage of the guy's face someone can hand over to the cops. Not that I think they will bother to do anything but at least if there's serious repercussions they have a hope of tracing him.

This is why I avoid San An... Seriously, what's wrong with this people?

The worst I saw was in PDB couple of years ago, drug turf war stuff - group of people kicking a guy in the head in broad daylight on the pavement near Bora Bora car park entrance, seemed to be an argument over gear. That's before we talk about what I saw Ushiaia and DC-10 "security" doing to people. I actually never saw anything like that in San An and spent many nights there in 'questionable' areas over the years !

Never understand why some lads don’t realise how easily punches like that can kill - happened in San An only last year. One stupid night out ending up with a life sentence in a Spanish jail. Madness.

I’m far from a medical expert but in my experience the fact that he woke up and was walking relatively shortly afterwards is a good sign in terms of it hopefully not being too serious for him.

yep totally agree, i do not know what had happened before this but the way he hit him was totally out of order in my opinion. As you can imagine at this time of night the west end was heaving and to hear the cracking noise as the punch connected over all the other noise in that area at that time probably tells you all you need to know about how hard he was hit.

I wouldn't say he was walking by himself to be honest, he was being held up and walked from what i remember. One of the nurses/doctors said he was bleeding from the ears, which i didn't see to be honest but was standing a short distance away at the time with a crowd around him. That usually means brain injury from the very little i know medically! Hopefully he was just knocked out cold and has a few presumably nasty bruises, but to be honest i would be very shocked if this was the case. Horrible thing to witness and has actually put a right downer on an absolutely wonderful weekend at a freinds wedding. I do hope he is ok !

Certain narcotics and alcohol tend to impair judgement when it comes to how hard someone is hitting :rolleyes: Hope there's camera footage of the guy's face someone can hand over to the cops. Not that I think they will bother to do anything but at least if there's serious repercussions they have a hope of tracing him.
Me and a couple of the lads in our group considered going after them but by the time we had moved people away from the lad and people trying to help him they were down the bottom end by Koppas bar and went round the corner. To be honest him and his mate were that big im not sure we could have done anything other than tell the police anyway. Wish i had now tbh .. I could point him out instantly if i could see footage from the area if ever needed to, i can remember his face and clothes clear as day.

It would have been pointless going after the attacker. It's not like you could undo the incident and you'd be putting yourself at great risk by the sounds of it. Hopefully there will be some sort of police involvement. You'd think the guy who was attacked or one of his pals would make a complaint.

It would have been pointless going after the attacker. It's not like you could undo the incident and you'd be putting yourself at great risk by the sounds of it. Hopefully there will be some sort of police involvement. You'd think the guy who was attacked or one of his pals would make a complaint.

Yeah exactly why we didn't bother, we would have probably ended up in the same way or worse if we had gone after them. At this point he had at least one other lad with him whilst charging through the crowds, this lad had also tried to stop him coming out of Soul City. I was thinking there are usually police around so could point them out rather than confront them, seemed to me that there were not too many police around at all compared to many other trips to San An over the years. Hoping that the police do something about it if there has been a complaint made although that will depend on how bad the lad was injured i guess. I am pretty sure there are some cameras in that area, would be fairly easy to point him out and trace i imagine. The lad hit was not in any state to make a complaint at that stage tbh, and there were no police in the 10/15 minute aftermath. Not sure if they had turned up a bit later though, as we had moved on shortly after. Hopefully they were informed and went after them but they were probably long gone by this point!

Anyone know how its going down the Westend this year? Had fears the bad publicity of the early closing hours and more crime from last year would have an effect this year, but the well established bars still look busy from what I can see on Insta (though of course pics and videos can be edited!)

It would make parking a nightmare when visiting San Antonio, so I hope the building permit process will drag out for many years to come.

Last night...

69458030_2678355268844201_1453489251625730048_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back