impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatErik

About the vibe here right now:
It's still strangely quiet on the island, but the atmosphere is really nice. Shop, Bar and restaurant personnel actually have some more time to have a chat. We had a little dance at BMI yesterday...not really my place, but we like Eli Rojas and we promised to come say hi.
Dancing is not allowed like last year but it seems enforcing that is way less strict than last year.
Gonna check out Medusa Odysee at Sunset Ashram tonight...altough it's cloudy so it might be No Sunset Ashram.

About the vibe here right now:
It's still strangely quiet on the island, but the atmosphere is really nice. Shop, Bar and restaurant personnel actually have some more time to have a chat. We had a little dance at BMI yesterday...not really my place, but we like Eli Rojas and we promised to come say hi.
Dancing is not allowed like last year but it seems enforcing that is way less strict than last year.
Gonna check out Medusa Odysee at Sunset Ashram tonight...altough it's cloudy so it might be No Sunset Ashram.

Ok so Sunset Ashram was amazing. The vibe was really good, when Medusa Odysee and Bahjrami started jamming a bit more uptempo everybody was dancing and having a good time.

Really? I think it’s actually pretty busy for being just the first half of June, it definitely feels a lot busier than last summer so far.

agree. compared with 2020 it's busy.

obviously, if you compare to any normal summer, it's not.

What’s life like in Ibiza today?
I'm in San An. My best guess is that something like 40% of hotels are open. But the ones that are open are filling up fast. Only about 40% of the restaurants and bars are open. The West End is so dead I can't even recognise the corpse of what remains.

Ibiza seems very Spanish right now. I've hardly heared anyone speaking English.

San An has a feel of being very early in the season before the hordes of tourists arrive. It's like Venice at 5-6 AM before the daily tourist invasion. You know they are coming. Enjoy the tranquility whilst one can.

It's nice to be back.

I'm in San An. My best guess is that something like 40% of hotels are open. But the ones that are open are filling up fast. Only about 40% of the restaurants and bars are open. The West End is so dead I can't even recognise the corpse of what remains.

Ibiza seems very Spanish right now. I've hardly heared anyone speaking English.

San An has a feel of being very early in the season before the hordes of tourists arrive. It's like Venice at 5-6 AM before the daily tourist invasion. You know they are coming. Enjoy the tranquility whilst one can.

It's nice to be back.

I think, at the moment, San An is the least busy on the island. Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia feel so busy right now. It feels and looks great!

I think, at the moment, San An is the least busy on the island. Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia feel so busy right now. It feels and looks great!
One of my favourite bars is opening their kitchen in 2 days. I'm now moving to another but larger hotel that opens today.

In a weeks time I'll be complaining about how busy San An has suddenly become.

Arriving next Tuesday as a group of 9. We have a villa near Playa D'en Bossa. It's been 10 years since I was in Ibiza and most of the group have never been before.

I met some people from Barcelona last year who fly over a lot of weekends and say they can let us know about villa/boat parties.

I assume we will spend most of evenings in PDB or Ibiza Town?

Is it worth going over to San Antonio much? Anywhere else we should go?

Arriving next Tuesday as a group of 9. We have a villa near Playa D'en Bossa. It's been 10 years since I was in Ibiza and most of the group have never been before.

I met some people from Barcelona last year who fly over a lot of weekends and say they can let us know about villa/boat parties.

I assume we will spend most of evenings in PDB or Ibiza Town?

Is it worth going over to San Antonio much? Anywhere else we should go?

There's SO much good stuff going on at the moment, but as always, it depends what kind of 'vibe' you want.

Ibiza Town is lively in the evenings and especially the weekends
Nassau Beach Club in PDB is busy too
W Hotel seems to be doing some good bits
Pikes (obvs)

There's SO much good stuff going on at the moment, but as always, it depends what kind of 'vibe' you want.

Ibiza Town is lively in the evenings and especially the weekends
Nassau Beach Club in PDB is busy too
W Hotel seems to be doing some good bits
Pikes (obvs)

My group want to party, all mid to late 20s - no idea what music tastes are

It's way better than the UK here currently. Very littke English tourists, heard a lot of French and German spoken. As mentioned, 40% or so of the hotels are shut, but seem to be opening up by the day (I was meant to be staying in Hotel Tropical from tomorrow and walked past it on the weekend and it was boarded up, so cancelled. It's now open).

The English people I have spoken to are either winter residents/workers/people looking for work and running out of time.

The weather is great, still lots to do and see in the day, a lot less so at night and there is an air of hope/promise/desperation for the UK to put Ibiza on the green-list so tourism can start up again.

As mentioned on another thread, my apartment that I'm staying in, which is usually full of Brits, said I was their first British customer of the season.

Really like the new Plastik location by the way, spent most nights there chilling outside

It's safe to say that Ibiza is now officially full. There's no space for more tourists.

I was denied entrance to a beach today.

I was walking down the road (from the north) to Cala Gracio. On my right there's a road that leads to a small beach I've never been to before, Cala Gracioneta. I decided to check it out. A guy standing at the beginning of this road starting talking to me. I thought he was trying to sell me drugs. I wasn't interested and continued on. But he persisted. Turns out he was telling me I wasn't allowed to go to Cala Gracioneta. The explanation being that the beach is full, and due to Covid restrictions no more people are allowed. He also mentioned something about it being a "private" beach, which could be a translation inaccuracy. He mentioned that Cala Gracio was "free" (also possibly a translation inaccuracy) and that I could go there instead.

He wasn't wearing a uniform or anything. But the sound of a walkie-talkie in his pocket gave him enough credibility for me to go to Cala Gracio instead.

I did however walk along the coast line from Cala Gracio to San An. 100m from Cala Gracio you can see the Cala Gracioneta. It was no where full of people. In fact there were fewer people there than in Cala Gracio.

So what's the deal? Are beached being closed when there's a certain number of people there? Do people in plain clothes thave the authority to turn people away from beaches? Worst of all, do I have to get up earlier in the morning in order to get in before the cut off?

Cala Gracioneta is a beach restaurant owned by the Mambo Bros. The beach is absolutely tiny and tbh not worth the walk down in my view. It gets full very quickly and I can see why they would stop people going down as there is very little parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back