Importing UK cars

kevsta

I was told today by a local car dealer on the island that as of end-September you can no longer get an ITV on UK cars, therefore you cannot import them.

has anyone else heard anything about this (yet) ?

I was told today by a local car dealer on the island that as of end-September you can no longer get an ITV on UK cars, therefore you cannot import them.

has anyone else heard anything about this (yet) ?

It was only a "voluntary" ITV you could get anyway, the real rule that you need to be looking at is " the vehicle must be legal in it`s country of origin" ( don`t worry about tax) if it has been here 6 months ( or you are a resi) you must re-register it as Spanish, If you get pulled, they will ask for your boat ticket to prove it hasn`t been here 6 months, If you can not show it, you get a month, next time the confiscate it,

Tim

hiya.

yes aware of that, but specifically that the new rules as from October 2010 mean that there will be no more importing UK cars, at all, nada.. ?

hiya.

yes aware of that, but specifically that the new rules as from October 2010 mean that there will be no more importing UK cars, at all, nada.. ?

update on this in case anyone else is interested, contrary to the advice I was given by a German mechanic (who should know better) it is still possible to import UK cars as long as it has an EU Type approval number, (you need a certificate from the maker)

but with some older UK reg.d cars this might be hard if not impossible to get.

Back