illegal taxis?

steveOooo

Just wondered how / if it was pos to just rent a car and shuttle peeps around for cash say from san an to pdb? In the past ive always encountered loads of illegal taxis, what are the chances of getting caught and what can they do to you?

Ok, the taxi business on the island resembles that of a mafia. The police are not the problem it is the taxi bouncers outside clubs and the taxi drivers themselves. You can find yourself in some very bad situations. I worked this way this last year. I drove there from London.

There are many tips I can give you which will avoid you being chased down the Ses Salinas road away from DC10 by taxi gangs on quadbikes then having to abandon your car, run through salt flats, and shelter in a spanish farmers shed, returning to your car 3 hours later to find the tyres slashed, **** and piss on your seat, and all windows smashed out and radio gone and a very unhappy Gaurd Civil sitting along side it on his motorbike.

If your still interested good luck to you.

Oh and take a golf club and always carry a spare 200 euro :eek:

being chased down the Ses Salinas road away from DC10 by taxi gangs on quadbikes then having to abandon your car, run through salt flats, and shelter in a spanish farmers shed, returning to your car 3 hours later to find the tyres slashed, **** and piss on your seat, and all windows smashed out and radio gone and a very unhappy Gaurd Civil sitting along side it on his motorbike.
:eek::lol::eek:

Yep, everything s true.... only a matter of mafia, u could just expect doing that a few times and never at same place.... forget raising money from this.....:eek: or... yes ur car will b damaged or you will b hurt yourself......

i even heard some stories telling when u get caught by the police u have to say the right words and they leave u go...otherwise u get the fine.......:lol:....eheh.... crazy island.....:twisted:

Add the point they have just put the fine up to €4,500, And your fellow illegal taxi drivers are usually not the best of friends, especially if they catch each other "poaching" on their patch`s,
The only reasonably safe (ish) way to do it, Is to work from some of the out of town bar`s/restaurant`s, a deal with the car park / bar staff / management is the norm. If you do get pulled, you will need to know your passengers as friends by the time the Guardia get to the window.
Have a good one
Tim

they have just put the fine up to €4,500
even more now..... from the ibiza sun:

Meanwhile, after a meeting held between the Island Council and the five Town Halls on the island, Prats, in the company of Madrid's representative on the island, Sofia Hernanz, explained the authorities would be clamping down on unlicensed taxis this summer. Hernanz revealed that fines for those caught had been increased to between €6,000 and €18,000, depending on whether the culprit had previous convictions. The current fine is €1,500. She continued that the vehicles of those apprehended would be confiscated until the fines had been paid.

She said that four inspectors would now be controlling the streets of the island at night, to ensure it was even more difficult for those carrying out this illegal practice.

Prats also promised to clamp down on private limousine and VIP companies offering transport without the necessary permits. He explained that there were currently just 25 such companies allowed to operate on the island, advising those without a license not to bother opening this year.

... i even heard some stories telling when u get caught by the police
u have to say the right words and they leave u go ...
here is the official 2009-illegal-taxidriver-codeword:
****-you-you-****ing-****

i remember myself usin those illegal taxis after the cocoon 2008 closing - first some guy talked to me, after little negotiation about the price he then led me to another guy and after that i met the driver herself in the parking area (some pretty spanish chick - its a pity i didnt know the language then but now i m prepared for this season... hehe :) or maybe not since u were talkin about the mafia involved in that buisness and it's better not to know that people... :/)

funny thing - i remember myself and a friend of mine kissin or what ever on the back seats while the driver riding the main road to pdb doin like ___150+kmh___ or smth like that heheh

nice driving skill she had, that illegal taxi driver :)

I use them all the time! They're a bit more expensive but its too hard to get a normal taxi during peak season!

The council dont want to issue any more license to taxi drivers and i dont wanna stand outside Space for an hour waiting for a taxi!!

I use them all the time! They're a bit more expensive but its too hard to get a normal taxi during peak season!

The council dont want to issue any more license to taxi drivers and i dont wanna stand outside Space for an hour waiting for a taxi!!
i have a simpler solution for this: bookin at pdb ;) hehe

sounds like a sound career choice then!

surely though if you only do one/two runs 2-3 times per week - just chat to some brits in san an, get there names, itll be ok? but yeh, sounds too dodgy..

i mem sitting at mambo watching the sunset and some turkish guy came up to me with a menu and just pointed to it, then saidf would you like anyt d--gs - he later was taken away by undercover police! so think theres a lot of undercover stuff going on there.

in 2001 got in a cab from san an to space - nice brit guy - he just came up to us chatted and away we went, i reckon if you do it infrequently.

Me too i don't think iv'e ever got a legal one!

does this not mean they need to hire some more drivers?

if i could drive i'd be looking at a job in the taxi business :confused:

i met an illegal taxi driver and he was real cool. his rates were cheaper too. he even hooked me up with boat parties and stuff like that.

watch it!!

i wouldnt do either, but if your smart and lucky then maybe you could get some seriously good cash. but being lucky is not always possible. and if you get caught, what was it all for. ****ting your pants.
but there are ways around it. and roads around it too, where there arent too many bofs around. but in the summer, around the amnesia and privilege road, forget it, or travel safe with plenty of backup, both documents and word of mouth, by your passengers, giv'em a story to tell. i used to work in this, i wont do it again. my freedom is far too important, it gives me tomorrow.

good luck and there are always other ways of making good money, sell your body...!
only joking.

take care

katscope:evil:

... good luck
and there are always other ways of making good money,
sell your body...!

2rdz0qu.jpg

Back