**Ibiza Virgin's....Lots of questions, please help!!***

Rossy43

Hi all

Whilst looking for Ibiza info online I came across this very useful forum. Im looking for some advice on my trip to Ibiza this year. Ive done some of the 'others' like Magaluf and Ayia Napa but this is the big one for me.

Me, my girlfreind, my best freind and his lass are all going out on May21 until May 28. Thanks to your useful calender Ive got a list of events that are on when we are there and just want some ideas off people as to whats hot and whats not e.t.c

WEDENSDAY 23RD

IMS opening party

THURSDAY 24TH

FMIS opening party
Sankeys opening party
IMS grande finale

FRIDAY 25TH

Water party at es paradis
All gone pure pacha opening party
IMS grande finale

SATURDAY 26TH

Defect opening party
Ushiana opening party

SUNDAY 27TH

Space opening party

Ive listed the ones ive managed to find. On past experience/knowledge Im just wondering which ones to miss/go to as there are more than one option on more than one night.

Also, I understand the above are the 'big' main events on each night. Are Cafe Del Mar/Cafe Mambo/Bora Bore open while we are there and are these places for like 'pre drinks'. Any others you can think of??

Please ignore my 'virgin-ness' of Ibiza, dont really know how it works out there and Im greatful for any advice given.

Sorry for the essay. Thanks.

I would go to Sankeys on Friday 25th for Bassment Jaxx.

Saturday up to you.

Sunday I would do Ushaia for Fat Boy Slim

Monday is Circo Loco.. DC10

I'd also do the IMS parties, particularly the grand finale.
Partying up in the Dalt Vila (old town)? Sounds like a no-brainer.

I'd go for IMS too something I haven't done before not sure what musics there I don't like David Guetta at all so I'd avoid him at all costs but if you like him then you'll have a ball. I'd look at line ups and see what your into the only thing that can spoil something is going somewhere where the music isn't what you like as far as I'm concerned :)

defo do space opening. did the closing last year and its was unreal. the flight arena (only open for the main opening an closing) is wicked!

I'd go for IMS too something I haven't done before not sure what musics there I don't like David Guetta at all so I'd avoid him at all costs but if you like him then you'll have a ball. I'd look at line ups and see what your into the only thing that can spoil something is going somewhere where the music isn't what you like as far as I'm concerned :)
Guetta is on Thursday... with Oakenfold. That, you can skip.

The grand finale on Friday has a smashing line-up: Carl Cox, Loco Dice, Seth Troxler, Pete Tong, and Azari & III live.
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/reviews/2012/ims_2012_parties_announced_i.htm

Thanks everyone.

Im thinking space opening for sure. Line up looks brill.

I like the ims line up to, carl cox etc.

My lass being my lass, and me included probly, id like to do the water party just to say ive done it.

Music side of things, i like electro and trance the most but can listen to anything. Dont like heavy dubstep though, thats naff.

What about cafe del mar etc, are them kind of places open every night and not just on special nights like the big gaffs?

Thanks again. Ross.

Without wanting to offend the person who started this thread or any other Ibiza Virgins out there i was just wondering if it would be possible to start an Ibiza Virgins sub category or have a sticky thread dedicated to it?

That way with all the questions being asked (lots of repeats) can be kept in one place which would be easier to pick up on for other newbies?

In answer to your question re Mambos etc all of the sunset strip and the majority of the bars will be open by the time you get to Ibiza so no worries on that front.

I did try a search but with the info quickly becoming out of date, and line ups/events changing year on year i thought it may be best to start a new thread.

The water parties at Es Paradis are a ton of fun, but I definitely would not sacrifice going to the IMS finale for that. Save the water party for next year, or better yet your second trip of the summer :D

Hi All

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd jump in on this one as the questions I have are similarish. First time post but long time lurker....

Wife and I are heading out for our first, long overdue, visit to Ibiza 1st week of June

We're thinking of heading to DC10 on the Monday for Circo Loco. As a couple of oldies (knocking on the door of 40) who've never been before, is it a free for all entry wise or is there a door policy? I wouldn't want to head over there and not get in if we don't fit their criteria. If it's ok, what sort of time should we get in by?

Having read all the good advice on here we're going to hopefully have a meal at Pacha on Tues for Renaissance or Wed for Subliminal dependent on the line ups.

Hopefully the knees will hold out for Kehakuma @ Space on the Thurs :)

There's nothing listed for Privilege that week, does it usually open later than everything else or are there likely to be any parties there 1st week of June.

Thanks for any replies, and apologies for the newbie questions...

If you buy a ticket and walk, don't crawl, up to the entrance, then you'll get in! There are no age limits in Ibiza, and little in the way of dress codes. It gets packed in the 8-9 hour so I like to get there earlier.

Definitely recommend Renaissance, and the Pacha meal (as I'm sure you've read on here) is a great deal.

Yes, Privilege parties do get going later.

I know what you mean about the knees! (just turned 40 myself)

Morbyd, you seem like a person in the know.

If you had to select a 'event' on every night ive listed what would be your choices?

If you buy a ticket and walk, don't crawl, up to the entrance, then you'll get in! There are no age limits in Ibiza, and little in the way of dress codes. It gets packed in the 8-9 hour so I like to get there earlier.

Definitely recommend Renaissance, and the Pacha meal (as I'm sure you've read on here) is a great deal.

Yes, Privilege parties do get going later.

I know what you mean about the knees! (just turned 40 myself)

Thanks for the reply, where's the best place to get tickets, we're staying in PDB. What time does DC10 actually open?

think dc10 opens 5 or 6 pm. id recomend getting there early as possible if its your first time as if you get there at peak time it may be abit overwhelming. also you can leave , get some food or whatever and go somewhere else later if you like

They sell tickets for all the parties on this website

Well, you can buy tickets through this very website! Links above. Best price guaranteed and guestlist or online ticket line entry (with ID)

Or if you want more flexibility, you can get them on the day of the event at many pre-party bars. In PdB, Tantra is a good choice. You'll see places selling them in San An Bay too.

Last resort is at the door.

Morbyd, you seem like a person in the know.

If you had to select a 'event' on every night ive listed what would be your choices?
I would do this:
23 - IMS opening
24 - Sankey's Opening
25 - IMS grand finale and Sankey's after
26 - Ushuaia opening
27 - Space opening

So you're basically on the right track! All sounds like top notch events.

Wish I were going but I'll be back in the States for a friend's wedding!

I would do this:
23 - IMS opening
24 - Sankey's Opening
25 - IMS grand finale and Sankey's after
26 - Ushuaia opening
27 - Space opening

So you're basically on the right track! All sounds like top notch events.

Wish I were going but I'll be back in the States for a friend's wedding!

Yeah i thought roughly along the lines. Want to experience pacha, so ims opening there is great.

Do you have any idea what sort of music is on at each of these events? Hopefully not dubstep.

Sorry for the harrassment. Just want the best experience ever.

Back