IBIZA ROCKS with The Streets + DJ Fresh + Rizzle Kicks (September 7th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
The Streets' farewell tour landed in Ibiza and people responded with another nearly sold out, with the hotel busy-busy since the beginning!

First on stage were Rizzle Kicks, who alredy debuted on the island at the end of july opening for Dizzee Rascal. Sadly our friends in Mallorca had to miss the cheeky chaps the night before because one of the members of the indie-hop duo lost his passport a few hours before his flight. Not much difference with what we saw some weeks ago, Rizzle and Sylvester gave us a taste of what we can expect from their soon-to-be-released debut album Stereo typical (including their next single "When I was a youngster" or the popular "Down with the trumpets" with which they finished) plus some covers (Jessie J's "Price tag" and a bit of White Stripers' "Seven nation army"). The most entertaining act of the season along with Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Then it was the turn of the producer DJ Fresh, one of the most influential figures on the UK drum'n'bass scene whose single "Louder" (the first one from his upcoming third album) reached number 1 in the UK singles chart. He started and finished with the famous song and in between he delivered what various people described as the best dj set of the season at Ibiza Rocks!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

It's been three years since the last time The Streets played at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel and, to be honest, all I can remember from that night is that they were supported by the superb Cage The Elephant (still on my top list as one of the best concerts I've ever seen in Ibiza). Last night we heard half of the songs from Mike Skinner and co's final album Computers and blues and also older ones like "Don't mug yourself", "Let's push things forward", "The escapist", "Weak become heroes", "Blinded by the lights", "Heaven for the weather", "Dry your eyes" or "Fit but you know it". Contrary to what happened in Mallorca on tuesday , Skinner didn't jump in the pool but he got the entire audience to sit down before singing Katy B's "Katy on a mission" for a bit. This time there was not only toilet rolls being thrown from the balconies but also pillows, towels, the lot... the stage ended up looking like a messy bedroom. Oh, and drinks were flying in all directions too... two actually landed on my head (well, that was refreshing). A great farewell performance!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

As I already went to Pikes last sunday for the Freddie Rocks Ibiza party, this week for a change I went to the Ibiza Rocks Bar first and Es Paradis' after show later. So many after parties, not enough time.....

Favourite moment: the last song of the night "Going through hell"

Get your Ibiza Rocks tickets for next week here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back