IBIZA ROCKS with The Kooks + Frightened Rabbit + Propaganda DJs (August 10th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Great expectations this week with the return of The Kooks one week after the fantastic night with Chase & Status, which I enjoyed so much I had to go to the ridiculously busy Radio 1 party at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel on friday to see them again!

The djs Dan and Danger Russ from Propaganda warmed people up with a session of Ibiza Rocks favourites, perfect to get you in the mood. Just looking at their faces and their dances you could see how much fun they were having... also looking at how much the dj booth platform was shaking!

67421097.jpg

90718880.jpg

Frightened Rabbit was one of the names I've heard mentioned more times during the last weeks when Ibiza Rocks regulars were naming the bands they were looking forward to see the most. The scottish band played songs from their third album "The winter of mixed drinks", released earlier this year, and some older ones. As expected having a band name like that, the Playboy rabbits (which aren't frightened of anything) joined the folkie indie rock band on stage during their last song!

47262223.jpg

32968191.jpg

37506392.jpg

60041871.jpg

Checking some recent setlists of The Kooks on http://www.setlist.fm I noticed they weren't playing "Seaside" anymore, boo... anyway, Luke Pritchard appears alone on stage with his acoustic guitar and starts playing "Seaside", yay! Apart from a new song, it was one hit after another... you can't go wrong with a setlist like that. Actually, this time I enjoyed their concert more than last year when they were supported by The King Blues who, in my opinion, totally stole the show... it was difficult to get impressed by anything after that hurricane. On a curious note, the band pulled in a lot of spanish peeps which confirms what we all know: the Ibiza Rocks brand continues expanding and attracting new hordes of fans!

25130534.jpg

72194766.jpg

16038164.jpg

24344877.jpg

Another great night but there's still much more to come... LCD Soundsystem are on next week!

Favourite moment of the night: the final "Do you wanna"... sing-a-long all the way!

Get your tickets for LCD Soundsystem here.

IR/Reclaim resident Doorly said:
No crazy rock n roll crowd surfing antics this week just a good solid performance by a band that even my mum loves! Support came in the folk rock style of a band called frightened rabbit, they sounded Scottish and fed the stereotype by asking the crowd to buy them a drink inbetween every song!

MTV said:
A highlight of the set was when they performed a cover of N-Trance's dance floor filler Set You Free, putting a modern spin on the clubbing classic with a unique indie twist, showing why Ibiza Rocks is the perfect platform for the world of dance music and modern rock to collide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back