how were the openings?

Space certainly was rammed, they apparantley closed the doors, for the first time in 5 years, at about 10/11ish with an estimated 3000 people still outside! I was on the old terrace most of the night and Mark Knight was a highlight as was Elio Riso then it gets a bit hazy!

i asked this in another thread but did Carl Cox play at DC 10? he mentioned he was there on facebook but didnt say if he played or just went.

Space - Busy as always (though no more than usual IMO)...Music identical in most of the arenas, though best atmosphere in the fishbowl room - certainly the only place you could dance proper and not just do that 'shuffle' that the crowds force you to do.

Glassed Terrace room still genuinely stuns me in terms of sound clarity and quality, though it feels that every night post midnight the music is always this processional run of beats, samples and random noises - I don't think I've heard a song/tune played there for about 5 years!

Glad to see the effort put back into the production in the rooms, with wierdo stilt dancers in abundance, felt like the 00's all over again!

DC10 - went there around 9ish to catch the last few hours outside, but didn't have the stomach for the inside later on, and my feet were done by the hours in Space dancing on broken bottles on the floor and DC10's gravel. Reminisced about good times past but perhaps it's because I knew what sort of effort it took to have the DC10 experience proper I didn't fancy running that gauntlett again (especially carrying on from Space). Comforts like toilets and free booze waiting back at the villa became all the more appealing after the hassle and cost of obtaining either in the club. Reports from others in our party suggest it's still 'got it' tho ;)

went to IMS finale - Amazing. then went to sankeys afterwards and quite enjoyed it.

Ushuaia opening, two words: badly organised!

cadenza opening - really enjoyed it and not too packed! although i got charged 17e for a vodka and lemonade

Ok.......
It's down to me then...

Ushaiia was spectacular; amazing what they have done there. A huge space with a great deal of people but didn't feel that crowded because the sound was evenly spread thoughout the venue. Luciano never showed as sadly his wife suffered a miscarriage. But the music was great anyway.

Space was Space. The car park seemed the best place to be...Steve Lawler went down well.

DC 10 ..... Full as ever. But lots of fun.

was the opening party as bad as ive heard!!

back to work today after the shut down and a friend of ours said space opening was one of the worst he's been to, and he's been to a few. dj's just not on form playing a load of down tempo tunes, mixing terrible, dropping beats and alot of people getting of saying it was ****e claiming half the djs were bladdered. when they hit dc10 it was pretty much the same. poor show!!

:cry:

Openings

Mixed reviews from Space and DC10 openings personally I thought Space put on a good party but obviously it was packed. In the terrace the mixing and sets were all fine and the crowd seemed to to be loving it! as for DC10 I had an amazing time, was brilliant to have DJ´s outside as well. Although when that area was closed and everyone had to move inside that got a bit manic, there were a couple of glitches with some DJs sets but nothing to report on.. overall I think the openings were up to a good standard so no complaints here!

doesnt sound that bad then. dont know if hes making it sound worse cos im over there in a few weeks. not that his attempt at making me panic would work this is my 14th visit!! its just nice to know the mood for when u arrive although that mood starts at the airport in my books..

ive never been the opening parties for the reason u say, the overcrowding..

space opening party

PROS - Adam flect going us some alternaive dance music with bands like the yeah yeah yeahs being mixed in.

CONS - too long to wait in a cew to get in and people just skipping no cew handling at all and getting a drink was no good even when you tip them they still dont care and server the spanish right in from of you!

over all great night and my mate that i took for the first time enjoyed it but he did perfer the ibiza rocks opening party with plan B, think he said something about better management of night!

That was not a report just a post promo video!:)

exactley. promo video.. spoke to someone else who weren't impressed and said the weather didnt help.. seen a few pictures and they all had coats on, thought they were in the uk... anyway 19 more sleeps for me!

anyone having a warm up party before they go? its my daughters communion next sat and my birthday so were avin a marquis, bouncy castle for the kids 8) and decks for the evening....

Ushuaia Beach Hotel Opening Pool Party - 28 May 2011 - full review

OK - I admit we arrived at the party about 10pm (having too much fun chilling at Yemanja) and might have got better value for a 60Euro entry fee if we'd managed to get there in daylight. But heck, a 25 minute crush at the bar for an 18Euro drink at a pool party where no-one was in the pool ?

Vodka redbull order came as a whisky-coke .. (bar staff looked 'out of it'). 8Euro beer amounted to a virtual tasting glass. Luciano no-show a real shame tho' understandable from explanation elsewhere on this page. I'm very broad-minded musically and have loved many forms of house to techno for years but what I heard was nothing short of unimaginative rubbish.

Atmosphere more like something out of Disneyland but loads of people looked happy just to be there watching each other look 'uber-cool'.

The metal-clad dancers were gorgeous (stilt-men in inflatable suits were not !) and the people on the 2000Euro daybeds looked as if they were trying their level best to have a good time - without losing their cool of course !

Hotel and door staff terrible - tried to leave 3 times and sent on a wild goose chase looking for the exit..

Ended up gatecrashing some sunloungers in a private guestroom garden area zoned off with bamboo fence near the VIP area (no-one gave a flying ****) to get out of the crush then climbing out of a window from the upstairs bedroom corridoor landing and lying on the terracotta tiles facing the DJ booths with a bird's eye view of the action below (again - no-one to be seen - our very own 'night on the tiles !). Glad I hadn't paid hundreds of Euros a night for a room with a view here !

Eventually it all got too much - couldn't hack another crush for a drink and, sobered as a judge, escaped to Aura for a fantastic night grooving till 4am with Ernesto Altes and a great crowd of people keeping it real.

This was commercialized glitz and daylight robbery. About as imaginative as a day with Mickey Mouse and friends. Emperor's new clothes springs to mind. The old Ushuaia was 10 times better than this and feels like the inevitable God of Greed has taken over yet again to ruin the day. Hope my DJ heroes find somewhere else to do their guest appearances this year..

RIP Ushuaia.

funny that kimajy....sounds like you ended up making the night a gudn through your own perseverance, well done, you often have some of the best times when its off the cuff..

reality seems to pass some of these 'ubber cool' people by.. so shallow and up their own bloody ar$e. not being judgemental, just that all the times i've been to ibiza everyones up for it and no one seems to give a sh#t how anyones dressed or behaving...love it!!!

Great report there kimajy:lol: from what ive heard and seen video of it looks a complete joke...im sure if you want that type of party you would go to vegas..this place will die on its arse this year..

DC10 & COCOON DOuBLE HEADER

Can't believe I did this after We Love on Sunday! DC10 brilliant, Cocoon opening...fantastic (indeed I am just home and need to go to bed following after party!). Perfect number of people, you could move around easily but still a massive atmosphere in both rooms. Can't wait till next week!

Back